Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Raise It Up: The Florence + the Machine Thread

Strangeness and Charm is awesome. There's a REALLY high quality recording of it on YouTube...just search for the song + highest quality, it should pop up. Looking forward to hearing how it sounds on the new album.
    "See everything as an illusion, and enjoy it even though you are not of it."
    ~Alanis Morissette, paraphrased

I just got the LUNGS album about two weeks ago based on some YouTube videos. For me, it has taken several listens to like it--it improves--without fail--with each listen. I believe that will continue to happen.

It's just such a cohesive, breathtaking album. Here's hoping it's the first in a long line of amazing records from her.

Ooooh excited that the acoustic gig will be made available for purchase!

Now, I'm a huuuuuge Fan of Florence, but her show at T in the Park in Glasgow last weekend was dreadful (they showed it on BBC). Lately she just seems to shout (off-key) instead of singing. This time last year her live shows were amazing, she hardly missed a note.

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Looks like another round of US dates is on the horizon.. c'mon Detroit, pretty please?!!!!
    Oct 30 - NOLA Voodoo Experience
    Oct 31 - Boston House of Blues
    Nov 1 - NYC Terminal 5
    Nov 2 - NYC Terminal 5
    Nov 3 - Toronto Sound Academy
    Nov 5 - Oakland Fox Theatre
    Nov 6 - LA Wiltern Theatre
    Nov 7 - LA Wiltern Theatre

This girl's about as elusive as Massive Attack.
    Last edited by halo eighteen; 07-29-2010 at 04:56 AM.

You know, I love the Lungs CD, but man.. some songs I have heard of her live are just cringeworthy. Her live lounge version of Halo, is the worst live lounge performance imho that I heard ever..

Her version of Halo.. well it just makes baby jesus cry as Florence is just trampling on wee kittens.. Yeah, definitely wee kittens.. the sound... it makes baby jesus cry.. for sure.

whose wheels are squeaking arsonist samael's Avatar
    This is so sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Storm View Post
    You know, I love the Lungs CD, but man.. some songs I have heard of her live are just cringeworthy. Her live lounge version of Halo, is the worst live lounge performance imho that I heard ever..

Her version of Halo.. well it just makes baby jesus cry as Florence is just trampling on wee kittens.. Yeah, definitely wee kittens.. the sound... it makes baby jesus cry.. for sure.
    While I agree that Florence's cover of Halo is pretty bad, it's redeemed at least somewhat by that 10 second awaaaaaaaaaay from 3:05-3:15. Florence can be a bit shout-y live, but in general I think she's a great live performer. Just check out some of the acoustic stuff posted earlier in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by arsonist samael View Post
    This is so sweet.

Um, Jesus Christ, what an amazing cover/performance. Love love love love love her.

^ fully agree! I've never heard that song before but i love what she's done with it!

thundering blissful towards death stillorbiting's Avatar
    I was in a toy store yesterday and I was playing with one of these:

http://www.onlinesciencemall.com/Sho...d/0/rid/126318

And it sounded EXACTLY like the whistling sound at the beginning of Between Two Lungs. It was the same notes and everything. Am I crazy, or...?

You're not crazy! She's not the first musician I see using these... (Imogen Heap, say.)

I had those as a kid. My Brightest Diamond has used them, and I am totally convinced Ace of Base used them on "All the she Wants" hahaha

Florence is playing House of Blues in Boston on Halloween. thinking i'll go see her again, definitely seems like a lot more people i know have discovered her since the last time she was here.