Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: The All-Inclusive Courtney Love/Hole Thread

The All-Inclusive Courtney Love/Hole Thread

Out of curiosity to anyone who ordered the big preorder package, has anyone heard anything about the vinyls and/or USB cassette tapes? They were supposed to ship about 3/4 weeks later than the rest of the order, but I've yet to receive mine.

On another note, super excited for the second Chicago show!

haven't heard anything about the pre-orders but they did just launch a whole online store: http://www.gomerch.com/xrx/body.php?module=store&id=174

this t-shirt is pretty amazing:

Oooh yeah I did see the shirt. I'm hoping they'll be available at the shows.

That is a pretty awesome shirt. I might have to buy that, and I'm normally not big on band t-shirts.

I'm seeing Hole next Tuesday in Philly. I'm hoping that since it's the first date of the tour and her voice will be in its best possible condition that it'll be an extra-long set with plenty of the stuff they debuted in Europe (and maybe some more Live Through This classics). I'd really like to hear Honey as well, since that's one of my favorites from Nobody's Daughter and she didn't play it at any of the 3 shows I saw earlier this year.

^ yeah i'm seeing the Boston show, it'll be my first time EVER seeing her live so i'm nervous she's gonna cancel on me again. crossing my fingers though.

This'll be my first time seeing her too. Can't wait to see what setlists are looking like

That shirt is gorgeous!

I am gonna be so broke after the ATL show.

Courtney / Hole crap vs. all the versions of Kylie's "Aphrodite" - its like my teenage and adult self will be battling it out!

Banned

There's two parts to the second one, not sure if these have been posted yet at the old forum. She looks nice, especially in the first one. Wow part 2 of the second video is awkward, Toure asks Courtney who told her about Kurt's sucide, and there's some awkward one word answers from Courtney about her self-destructive ways.
    Last edited by NUHN; 06-20-2010 at 12:15 AM.

Put a bird on it. SisterErnestine's Avatar
    ^That second video was really awkward and kind of hard to sit through.

Anyway, I'm pretty psyched for Behind the Music, Monday, June 21st.

SisterE

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SisterErnestine View Post
    ^That second video was really awkward and kind of hard to sit through.
    I know. And I didn't care for the way that Tour got a bit snotty at the end when Courtney semi-slammed Lady Gaga. She's being interviewed and giving her opinions (which are always free-wheeling, interesting, and honest), we don't need him copping an attitude IMO IMO. Courtney's still has some of her punk ethos I suppose and insanely blatant product placement probably doesn't gel with it. So STFU up Tour.

I don't suppose anyone knows anything about a European broadcast date for tonight's Behind the Music special? I'd kill to see it.

Banned
    ^Hopefully someone will upload it to YouTube and you can see it there. I can't wait for it!

Behind The Music was pretty good, I saw photos and footage i'd never seen before. But why does Courtney now sound like Miley Cyrus when she talks?

Put a bird on it. SisterErnestine's Avatar
    I think part of it was because she was about to ready to cry.

i thought it was well-done and did a great job of focusing on her music and how well received Pretty On The Inside, Live Through This and Celebrity Skin were, while still addressing everything else that's happened. it was cool that they got Patty, Kat Bjelland and Jennifer Finch to do interviews too. i really wish Courtney could've got Patty back for this version of Hole, the guy she's got just sounds like a session drummer. Patty's drumming was what gave so many of the Live Through This songs that sense of urgency. her comments about America's Sweetheart were interesting too, just in terms of how many hands were on that album and how scattered it sounds as a result.

the interviews with Courtney were a little strange even just in terms of the camera angle which seemed super tight on her face, and on a superficial note i wish they had done the interview after she lost the crazy hair extensions.