Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Goldfrapp

damn, they're playing warszawy on october 15th, i'll be in Poland that week but I can't GOOOOO that day, I'll be in Szceczin!!!! Damn it!

Lyrical acuity and mum-smarts menju56's Avatar
    UK dates for November:

November

Tue 9 - Bristol - 02 Academy

Thu 11 - London - Hammersmith Apollo

Sat 13 - Brighton - Dome

Sun 14 - Birmingham - 02 Academy

Tue 16 - Leeds - 02 Academy

Wed 17 - Manchester - Academy

Fri 19 - Glasgow - 02 Academy

Sat 20 - Newcastle - 02 Academy

Third single "Believer" out September 6.

Quote Originally Posted by menju56 View Post
    UK dates for November:

November
    Thu 11 - London - Hammersmith Apollo
    Hurrah! I'll be booking for that first thing Friday morning. Thanks for posting the list, I'd forgotten to add Goldfrapp to my artist watch lists on ents24 and SongKick.

I saw them at Somerset House a few years ago. It was a fun show.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

burning up the bible BettahDevil's Avatar
    Love the cover art for Believer! Can't wait for the video..

No more US dates this year?

I have a soft spot for 'Believer'. It's certainly cheesy, but quite sweet and fun. Same goes for the title track.

This may have been discussed in the Goldfrapp forum over at @, but I'm really confused by Seventh Tree. It sounds like there are at least three different vocalists, but isn't she credited with singing lead on all the songs?

I got my ticket for the London show in November.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

I think I'm going to the Milan show! awesome

Quote Originally Posted by JayPea View Post
    This may have been discussed in the Goldfrapp forum over at @, but I'm really confused by Seventh Tree. It sounds like there are at least three different vocalists, but isn't she credited with singing lead on all the songs?
    Yep. Which songs are you thinking of? She's a very versatile singer. Like the chorus in "Cologne Cerrone Houdini" is completely different to "A&E." And then earlier ones like "Utopia" have an almost operatic quality in parts.

Alison's mum died.

From today's blog:

hello everyone

sorry i haven't posted for a while but i've been lying low as very sadly my mum passed away. it's been quite hard to keep focused and it's been rather strange carrying on touring but i'm doing what i love to do and my gorgeous band mates have all been very supportive.

we had a really amazing time in america and mexico and we're really enjoying the festivals here in europe. you've made it so special and memorable for us !

we've just come back from melt festival in germany whch was great fun and in a lovely location. we swam in the lake after the show which was heaven !

cant wait for the next gigs. i'm stopping off in hong kong on my way to australia, i've never been there before so i'm really looking forward to seeing the city. i've already booked a restaurant (my stomach loves to plan ahead!).

for those who are coming to the itunes festival i hope you enjoy the show.

lots of love and catch up soon

alison x

Oh no. It must really odd and difficult touring such an upbeat album while grieving.

hopefully the touring is a cathartic environment for her during an emotional time like this. Thanks for sharing that with us, Alison.

She'll probably forget all about this tour. I remember when my mom died and... Well, no, actually, the point I'm trying to make is: I don't really remember. There are flashes of things I remember doing during those weeks, and then I really have to read the blog stuff I wrote at the time to jog my memory. Your head is in such a completely different place, you just kind of go on auto-pilot.

Oh, but I was coming here to reply to the person who was craving for Sartorious: I interviewed Will once, and he told me Sartorious, Fondue Knights and Little Death were never recorded in the studio. But then again he also said they never shot the Fly Me Away video, but there is SOME completed footage out there.