Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halloween Costumes!

Oy With The Poodles Already!

Halloween Costumes!

It's that time of year again...

What are your kids planning on dressing up as this year? Any fun new costume ideas?

Abby is VERY excited about Halloween this year. We have a cute bunny outfit that her great grandma sent us which she will be dressing up as this year. Everytime you ask her about Halloween she says "I'm a bunny! HOP HOP HOP!"

Xavier as the 7 yr old boy he is, still cannot decide what he wants to be. He varies from a skeleton, a zombie, and an army guy. He has also mentioned baseball player (which would be SO easy for us to do) and a Lego/Lego man. The lego would be fun to make (card board box w/ circles added on the front and cut out of the back.

Banana :P

I seriously cannot find anything cute this year. I want Holden to go as a dinosaur, but the one from TCP isn't nice. The only one I like is from Pottery Barn Kids and they don't ship to Canada (plus it's crazy expensive for something he'll wear once). So I dunno. We did get him a fake chain saw (but makes sound and "saws"!!) splattered in blood and he'll be wearing a smock splattered in blood for when he helps give out candy, but no trick or treating costume yet.
    Last edited by Stephanie; 09-22-2010 at 08:56 PM. Reason: typo

After 3 years of being a pirate for Halloween and using the same costume, Sean decided he wants to be a skeleton. I'm very excited that he came up with it himself and we've already bought it. I'm so ready for Halloween this year it's, well, scary.

Garion would like to be a guy from Halo [good luck finding something like that here, and good luck finding it anywhere that's affordable!], and Kaiya hasn't made up her mind yet. She still has her geisha costume from last year and asked me if she could wear that again, but then changed her mind the next day. I breifly perused the store today while I was out, and they really don't have much to choose from [yet, I'm guessing].

And in the evening it's. . . Andrea's Avatar
    Tess decided she wants to be a spider. Or a "spooky spider" *insert creepy crawly hand motions here* as she puts it.

I wish Kaiya would do her idea that she had last year [or was it the year before?]: she said she wanted to dress up as a ballerina, but with a creepy mask.

I wanted to do Batman and Robin for my boys. But my oldest today said "Not Batman - Superman!" Wanting to force my young defenseless children to match, I tried to talk him into Batman. He then said "But Batman doesn't fly! Superman flies!" I knew then that there was nothing I could say to deter him from being Superman
    chillin in kyoto grand with my man Skrill

I was gonna say that the youngest one could be Clarke Kent, but man, that's gotta be the most un-fun costume ever for a little one...

[I miss the days when my youngest two could be so easily coerced into cutesy matching stuff. We made it through a dragon and princess one year, tigger and winnie one year, both Care Bears one year, and I would have loved doing a Raggedy Anne and Andy, but we never got that far. And now they're so over it. LOL]

In the time honored tradition of my childhood, my nephew will be having a make-shift Halloween costume. There are ideas up in the air, though my sister is pretty pressed on having him as a vampire (blah).

But no way is he going to have some lame ass pumpkin costume for his 1st Halloween, so I might have to settle for vampire.
    Last edited by Mori; 09-24-2010 at 02:51 AM.

Jack is going to be a slice of pizza, like this:

(not Jack in the picture )

Not sure what Nate is gonna be yet.

Oy With The Poodles Already!
    The kids have settled on their costumes...

Abby in her bunny outfit..

Xavier opted to be Commander Cody from Star Wars: The Clone Wars

And the two together

I literally could not get him to stand still long enough to get a good picture of him. So, here's a few that weren't complete blurs flying by the camera!

Here's the two of us, because holding him was really the only way to get a semi-decent pic, and you can actually see the costume and cape (his big, black collar thingy was supposed to stand up behind him, like Dracula, but...it didn't.)

We went to Boo at the Zoo and he had a blast in the "Foam Zone." Unfortunately, he got soaked completely through, and the moisture weighted his cape down so much that it was pulling his costume backwards. Not that he minded!

Here's one from last year. He was a little devil, with wings (angel with horns?). Not even nine months old at the time. God, time flies!

Last edited by Amie; 11-01-2011 at 03:05 AM.

Here are my halloweenies. I was surprised that the oldest weenie ran into many of his high school friends out trick or treating last night. Shiz, adults started asking me if I weren't too old for all of that business by the time I was 12.... at least I went through the trouble of dressing up. The teens last night were going door to door in their regular street clothes. *smh*

salem by External Focus, on Flickr

kaiya by External Focus, on Flickr

garion by External Focus, on Flickr

*ack* teens trick-or-treating without a costume. Pet-peeve *twitchtwitch*

Here's my dragon. We went through his "How to Train Your Dragon" book and figured out that Nightmares are brown and red, so he's a Nightmare dragon, specifically