Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Proud of them because:

My son that has Asperger's, who does not do well with loud noises and is sensitive to bright lights but is trying his best to be more active and "fit in" more, tried out for a part in the interactive murder-mystery performed throughout the college library. He wanted to be a policeman (a bobby in the play) but he got the part of the asylum nurse that is afraid of lightning. So throughout the play one of the other characters intentionally makes all manner of loud noises at him and flickers the lights on him to make his character curl up on the floor.

No one, during the auditions or assignments of characters, knows he has this syndrome since he has been trynig to fit in "normally" at the college. He loves having this part to play! He laughed and said - I've never even acted before and I'm being typecast! I am so proud that he adopted this humorous attitude rather than being resentful!
    "You can't believe most of the quotes you read on the Internet." --Abraham Lincoln

!!!

oh goodness. that's pretty amazing!

Little Dude after his race this morning He finished his 1.5k in 14m08s

2010 ****** Run by miaouphoto, on Flickr

2010 ****** Run by miaouphoto, on Flickr

Way to go!!!

Nate made the Honor Roll and is above grade level in Reading & Math! I'm really thrilled because it's a new school for him and I was worried he might not adjust very well.

Noah's GPA for the first quarter of freshman year... 3.80!
    All A's and one B+.

Whoop! Good job!

What a cutie! Good job on the race!

(THAT was meant for Becka.)

And Barb, I'm glad you little guy surpassed your expectations. These boys can surprise you from time to time.

The boy got his G1 learner's permit today. STAY OFF THE SIDEWALKS.

Wow!

So I picked up some child-oriented headphones for both of my daughters, one circumaural and one canalbud style. The almost 4 year old completely lit up when she saw hers (the circumaural set) and said "Is this Tori Amos"? This was before I had had a chance to plug them into a source...so of course, I put on some Tori for her.

The Metropole show in the Dam was the first time I'd been away from them for more than a couple of days, and I've been saturating them with Tori ever since. :-)

My boy potty trained in a week He has been accident-free (including naps and bedtime) for about a week now! He just turned 3. I was worried it would be a struggle since this kid would seriously sit in it forever and didn't give a shit (pun intended), but it ended up being a breeze! So proud!

Any advice for me?

I can email you the "plan" I used... can I send files through here? It's a PDF. It uses total positive reinforcement (no punishment etc), and advises you go full potty training right away (no diapers at night, etc). I was skeptical, and according to the plan it takes 3 days. It took 7 for us, with the first 2 days being the toughest. I followed it exactly.

Any kid that manages the task of potty training that fast deserves a medal. (Mom does, too!)