Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Proud of them because:

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    I can email you the "plan" I used... can I send files through here? It's a PDF. It uses total positive reinforcement (no punishment etc), and advises you go full potty training right away (no diapers at night, etc). I was skeptical, and according to the plan it takes 3 days. It took 7 for us, with the first 2 days being the toughest. I followed it exactly.

Could you send me those too? My nephew is still too young (he just turned 1), but I'd like to read it for future reference.

PM me your email address and I'll pass it along

thanks!

Guess who's potty trained??? Thanks so much Steph!
    The first couple days were hard, but by day 3 he pretty much had it. He's only had one accident since day 3 or 4.
    Yesterday was day 6 and we went out of the house for a couple hours with no accidents!
    I can't believe it. I'm so happy!!!

Hoorah! Isn't it awesome?! We had a few days last week where he was peeing his pants all the time at daycare, and we just couldn't figure it out, he wouldn't tell us why or what was wrong. After much prying, turns out he found her toilet too big and scary (we use a potty at home, DC doesn't have one, just the toilet with a smaller seat for the kids). So we got him a potty for over there LOL and now he's fine.

Now I have to work on him going in a regular toilet instead of potty, which he does fine with when we're out in public, so not sure what the issue is !! We're going away on a trip without him next week for a week, so I'm going to wait until we get back. I don't want to over traumatize the poor kid

There's some weird comfort thing with the stupid training toilet at home. I don't know what it is but I had to "disappear" it one day because I just couldn't take cleaning it anymore...and yes, my daughter had absolutely no issues using a real toilet when out.

On a super proud note, my almost 4 year old learned how to stop and turn skiing today! Freedom to roam the mountain has arrived! My older daughter has been pretty pissed off that we haven't been able to ski together since the little one couldn't come along, and finding childcare (as well as paying for it) is hard up here...

It's like a whole new winter!

Yay! for the successful potty training! I am not looking forward to having to go through that for a second time. We will be actively parenting a child (under the age of 18) for the next seventeen years, and we thought we were almost done (freshman in high school) with our first and only! We're going to be in our FIFTIES when this second, unexpected child graduates from high school. SO OLD! I'm tired just thinking about it!

@tivoklr Congratulations on the little skier! My dad got me started cross country skiing when I was four. But downhill? No way! That is one fearless little girl (boy?).

She's a fearless little girl. We went up to the area at the top of Vail where eons ago I taught snowboarding, and after we'd made a few runs on the magic carpet, she insisted on riding the chairlift, so I obliged. Downhill is life in the wintertime here, well at least until I can get both of them onto snowmobiles. Infinitely more fun, but I digress...

Of course, she HAD to ski through the tiny grove of trees in the middle of the run. I'm just going to start saving up for co-pays right now...and yes, I'll be 53 when she graduates from HS, no surprises here though, and I'm tired already

Oy With The Poodles Already!
    OMG I am so jealous of you both! Miss A is potty training right now, but is still having about 1 accident a day at daycare and then just completely gives up even trying at home. She's SO CLOSE but it's like she's trying to hang onto that last little bit of babyhood you know?

My mum was 52 when I graduated from HS and knowing of all the things I did in HS was what decided my rule for no kids after 30. I have no idea how she kept up with me.

As for the potty thing, let them pick out their own seat for the adult toilet and get rid of the trainer all together. Was like magic

moving on up

So the skiing has entered a new level.

My 6yo daughter's first trip on the chairlift alone.

After this she just started doing laps on her own for the next hour or so. I had to focus on the 4yo as she sometimes would stop at the magic carpet (surface lift) and sometimes would just ski past it to the same chairlift the 6yo was riding, which I don't trust her yet to ride by herself.

It's truly amazing to see the changes in their abilities. To witness the total fearlessness of the 6yo riding the chair alone, multiple times, was a huge shift in how I see her, she's much less of a child now. I really trust her to make good choices, as she could have easily skied past the smaller lift to a huge quad and wound up on terrain she's not ready for, but she knows the difference, whereas the 4yo I barely trust with a fork...

It's pretty hard for me to believe that my daughter is turning TEN tomorrow.

Icon15

Um ..... TEN?!?!?!
    ... here i am!

I. KNOW. Seems like such a short time ago ....

It's hard for me to believe my niece is graduating from high school on May 26th! I was there at the hospital when my sister was having her. Seems just like yesterday!