Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beth Hart

Icon15 Beth Hart

She is AMAZING. i'm so into her music. can't wait for her new album.

http://www.bethhart.com/

great lyrics:

her new song:

LOVE her! When's the new album out?

no date yet. but she said that it's going to be this year. the title: "My California".

what do you think about her new song?

I think it's fantastic. Really, she can't do wrong for me (at least vocally). The sound on this one is very AC radio, but she has an audience there leftover from when "L.A. Song" was a hit. Was her last one even released in the US?

Nope, only in Europe. but the new album will be.

Beth Hart is amazing. I just downloaded Leave the Light On a few months ago and cannot stop listening to that album.

Me too. i'm listening to it right now. so goooood.

another new and beautiful song:
    my california

Icon15

I love Beth Hart. Maybe my all time favorite live performer (next to tori). She's so very raw and real. I've seen her live... jeez I don't know... maybe 50 times. If you ever get the chance to catch a gig, do it! You won't regret it!!

I saw her last month and heard some of the new songs. Sister Heroin made me cry! Can't wait for the new album!!

Check out her cover of A Change is Gonna Come from that show.

I'm a sensible girl GirlForPele's Avatar
    I love LA Song, I should check out more of her stuff.
    When pianos try to be guitars...out of my black and white world

Goddamn, Beth's voice alone is a force of nature.

I lent my copy of 'screamin for my supper' to a friend, and it never came back. bit gutted - it was the aus version, which had the (amazing!) bonus track - 'take me away' - which I can't find ANYWHERE.

I recently dl'ed a copy of "Woman With A Rock & Roll Soul" (rarities compilation) and this stopped me dead:

I also reaaaaaally dig the hidden track on S4mS:

God, I wish My California had been better. I thought that 37 Days was definitely her high point, which was something I was surprised by (in the best way possible). Songs like Good As It Gets, Sick, and Face Forward were just so awesomely energetic, and even her cheesier moments lyrically (Forever Young) are saved by the production and her voice on that album. And then My California came out, with no tempo variation, autotuned-to-hell vocals and just generally bland production choices. I hope she got that out of her system, 'cuz it just sounded so *boring*, and after an album as dynamic and joyful as 37 Days seemed to be, it was really confusing.

My California was really, really disappointing. It was just so bland and forgettable. The highlight of the whole album was the Aretha cover. I haven't heard 37 Days yet, but after reading what you have to say about it I feel like I should!

Producer Kevin Shirley, finished mixing the cover album that Beth Hart and Joe Bonamassa recorded together earlier this year. The new album contains a mixture of old blues and other surprises, and is now being mastered.

She's amazing. What a VOICE!! Definitely a modern-day version of the Janis Joplin archetype.

She reminds me a lot of my mom, who died young. Totally bad-ass, a little bit white trash, and totally GORGEOUS.
    Sometimes I think the so-called "experts" actually are experts.