Page 1 of 130 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: The All-Inclusive Kylie Minogue Thread

Icon15 The All-Inclusive Kylie Minogue Thread

I am SO excited for this album!

As am I. That Megamix that is circulating has got me so stoked! It sounds like both the perfect workout mix AND the perfect dance 'yo ass off (!!) mix.

I've gone on a Kylie-spree, where I'm finally investigating her back catalogue. I've had hits collections, but never the full 80s-90s albums. Anyone have any favorites I should immediately check out from the first four albums? I have all the studio albums from Kylie Minogue on.

Jake,

So of the PWL albums:

"Kylie": Must have, mostly for "Turn it Into Love" and "Je Ne Sais Pas Pourquoi (I Still Love You)." Plus the singles (which includes the minor US hit "Its no Secret.")
    "Enjoy Yourself": The cheese pop lover in me loves this for "heaven and earth" and "my secret heart." Pure late 80's pop fluff.
    "Rhythm of Love" has some of her finest singles ever, but aside from that, its a bunch of filler.
    "Let's get to it" is BY FAR my least favorite KM album ever. Just uninspired, and its kinda clear she had checked out at this stage in her career.

Hope that gets you started!
    Last edited by Tiny Shiver; 06-17-2010 at 05:50 PM.

I was never a Kylie fan, but I'm certainly going to give this album a spin.

my fav early days song is Better the Devil You Know!!! Classic!!!

Agree on Heaven on Earth as guilty pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Shiver View Post
    Jake,

So of the PWL albums:

"Kylie": Must have, mostly for "Turn it Into Love" and "Je Ne Sais Pas Pourquoi (I Still Love You)." Plus the singles (which includes the minor US hit "Its no Secret.")
    "Enjoy Yourself": The cheese pop lover in me loves this for "heaven and earth" and "my secret heart." Pure late 80's pop fluff.
    "Rhythm of Love" has some of her finest singles ever, but aside from that, its a bunch of filler.
    "Let's get to it" is BY FAR my least favorite KM album ever. Just uninspired, and its kinda clear she had checked out at this stage in her career.

Hope that gets you started!
    Thank you SO much! Can't wait to check them out. I'm already obsessed with Better The Devil You Know, Shocked, and What Do I Have To Do.

PS - clips of the entire album here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrhPK1WuY7U

i always loved Finer Feelings
    also Confide in Me is a classic, and the single mix of Where is the feeling? is amazing.

Oooh I forgot finer feelings. Def the best thing from Lets Get to It...beautiful video too.

i was a huge kylie fan in 1997 1998 but then I fell off when Light Years got out. It just felt backwards after the greatness that Impossible Princess was.

Impossible Princess was fantastic. But I think that it was more of a one-off than the truth of what Kylie actually is. And it certainly was a complete 180 to Light Years. I mean they couldn't have been more different.

I think the pop music she has released since, though, has still felt very adult. None of it has been really trend-chasing which for me has always set her apart.

^Absolutely. Even with X, I felt she was ahead of the curve using electronic and dance elements. Still, it wasn't Kylie doing what she does best - infectious dance pop. This new album, based on everything we know and have heard, is Kylie doing Kylie. All the press and interviews she's done mention how X was somewhat of a failed experiment, although I think that's downplaying the fantastic moments on the album.

As for Impossible Princess, I think it's clear what direction she wanted to go in and the production is perfect. It was such a dramatic departure from the previous album and really showcased her abilities as a vocalist and artist. It sounds like for Aphrodite, she wanted to make a balls-to-the-walls dance pop album. However, she's hinted at more personal songs on future records that address her cancer and other low points.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post

PS - clips of the entire album here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrhPK1WuY7U
    Those clips have me drooling! Closer and Everything Is Beautiful sound really promising, and I'm certain all the tracks off the megamix are going to be flawless pop songs... I want Aphrodite now!!!!!!!!

flayed on the marble stairs
    I'm excited!

Let's talk DVDs! She's released all her most recent tours, if I'm correct, minus the most recent US one (although that at least got a digital release). What are your favorites?