Page 2 of 131 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: The All-Inclusive Kylie Minogue Thread

Ok! In no particular order:

Sentimental Favorite: The Fever Tour. My first Kylie concert I saw, and it was magical. I still think the android entrance is classic, and the sequence in the gown, culminating in "The Crying Game" cover, was flawless. The production was astounding, the costumes dubious. Awesome.

Light Years: Cheese cheese and more cheese. I think it is interesting. As the first full blown production she had mounted in some time (The Intimate and Live Tour was very scaled back), its interesting to chart her growth in presence and confidence on stage from this point.

Body Language Live: For a one off show this was really great. Maybe my favorite CGYOOMH. And I loved the Body Language album as well as the whole Bardot look. Her entances are amazing, and I love the "Still Standing" entrance.

"Showgirl." & "The Homecoming": Two sides of the coin, and I view them as one for that reason. Some overlap in the performances. I think "homecoming" is probably the better performance, joyous, and she vocally really shines (and costumes are better). However, the Pet Shop Boys duet "In denial", "Je Ne Sais Pas Pourquoi," "Confide in Me" segment is the gayest fey-ist Kylie moment ever. And don't get me started on "Red Blooded Woman."

"X Tour": Loved loved loved it. Certainly a culmination of sorts. I think it was put together in the sheer interest of giving fan what they want, while still firmly making strides. The skull, the cheerleading sequence, the bellboy sequence! The loveboat sequence was a nice throwback to Light Years, not to mention " I believe in You!" Really great.

I need to pull "Intimate & Live" out again. It's been a while. And TBH, as much as I love PWL era Kylie, I have never ventured to grab those DVD's. I guess I kinda know what I'm gonna get lol.

I pretty much love my Kylie DVD's. Not to mention her video compilations, which each have their pluses and minuses.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Confide In Me
    ^ best Kylie song imo...

Just listened to the clips. A lot of the tracks sound rather same-y but Looking for an Angel is insanely catchy!!!
    post28!

All The Lovers has been on repeat... the production is amazing, too. Those clips sound great, and I can't wait for this to drop!

Someone said on another forum I frequent that this may have leaked...?

burning up the bible BettahDevil's Avatar
    Yeah, been hearing rumors about a possible leak today on the sayhey boards. I'm hoping so! Nothing yet.. but we'll see.

Bring on the leak!

The Say Hey boards are completely down now.. which could means it may have just leaked. Same thing happened when All The Lovers premiered on BBC radio. Hmmm..

UPDATE: fake leak circulating
    Last edited by BettahDevil; 06-21-2010 at 10:00 PM.

I posted this on atforumz, but Kylie performed All The Lovers on German Next Top Model and it's fantastic! I don't have the link with me but it's on YouTube. She is probably the most angelic looking woman alive. I mean, she looks otherworldly on the performance. I LOVE her all of a sudden

Quote Originally Posted by electrickidz View Post
    I posted this on atforumz, but Kylie performed All The Lovers on German Next Top Model and it's fantastic! I don't have the link with me but it's on YouTube. She is probably the most angelic looking woman alive. I mean, she looks otherworldly on the performance. I LOVE her all of a sudden

Great performance, found a HQ download of this and have it on my iPod. The Wind Music awards performance is even better!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHARusEos7M

And... Aphrodite has finally leaked!

I'm actually quite surprised they kept it under wraps for so long!

Oh my. Only on "Better Than Today" and I can't even explain how euphoric this album is. jdglsdgjals;kd Full review later. Can't wait to pick up a physical copy, it's a gem.

aging hipster trash The Seaward's Avatar
    SQUEEEEEEE!!!! can't wait til i get home from work!!!
    I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Oh my. Only on "Better Than Today" and I can't even explain how euphoric this album is. jdglsdgjals;kd Full review later. Can't wait to pick up a physical copy, it's a gem.
    Good review from you = good news! Wish I weren't at work right now! I loved Better Than Today live, i'm glad it made the album!

Quote Originally Posted by BettahDevil View Post
    Good review from you = good news! Wish I weren't at work right now! I loved Better Than Today live, i'm glad it made the album!
    Maybe it's first-listen syndrome, but this is one of those cases where the album is exactly what you expected based on reviews, clips, etc. It's by far her best work since Fever, and the production even trumps that one. She sounds great, the songs are perfectly suited for her voice, and there is clearly a cohesive sound.

It doesn't all run together like I thought Popjustice said it would, but that's not a flaw. The songs are strong enough to stand on their own. There are a few moments of cool down as most early reviews have noted, but even those tracks are still gorgeous.

I NEED to hear this NOW!!!!!!