Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: This is heart-warming. (happy lgbt news thread)

This is heart-warming. (happy lgbt news thread)

Seriously! It's a little research study from the dating site OKCupid about gay folks and how they relate to straight folks, based upon the data mined from their site.

The result is: we're all pretty much the same.

Enjoy the read.

In the garden of your mind. Tellurium's Avatar
    The Devil Wears Prada? Really, gays?... I mean, yes it's a fun film, but biggest-letter top-of-the-list material? Straight people having better taste in films is tearing my world apart a little...

Ah well, I'll manage. That was a very nice read. Thanks for the link! I hope at least a few people who need to read things like that come across it.

This was really interesting. Who knew Canada was so curious?

Haha, Oregon's completely red and New Mexico's curiosity is kind of surprising!

I know... wassup New Mexico?! Looking at that map... I gotta get outta Georgia (although I do live in the dark orange and epicenter of Georgia gay life in midtown)
    chillin in kyoto grand with my man Skrill

Sucks living in Alabama!

aging hipster trash The Seaward's Avatar
    OF COURSE austin would be the brightest red dot in texas.
    I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

condemned to wires and hammers ebby's Avatar
    Let's make this thread about all the happy LGBT news and stuff.

Here's this gorgeous video. Perhaps it's because it's been an emotional few days, but damn, this video had me welling up a few times. Not the biggest fan of the main soloist, but he did sing nicely, but it really gets going when the rest of the choir start coming in. .. and then it gets bigger again.

More happy gay news: One of the winners of London Metro's "Win The Cover" competition used it to propose to his boyfriend:
    kinda big, so spoilered

And, he said yes.

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    ^
    omg. so fucking cute! i love it! i love reading good happy gay news for a change. here is some more:

Passengers on a red-eye woke up to an announcement more interesting than the typical "fasten your seatbelts" as they approached New York early Thursday: Two men had gotten married on board overnight when the captain briefly flew over Canada, where gay marriage is legal.

"The head flight attendant made the annoucement on the P.A. 'While you were sleeping, we had a little wedding in the galley. The captain diverted us over Canadian airspace so he could marry two gentlemen,'" said passenger Ryan McManus, who was returning home to New York.

The captain of Virgin America Flight 28, which originated in San Francisco, officiated the wedding, McManus quoted the flight attendant as saying. "We'd like to wish them the best and offer them a round of applause," he quoted the attendant as saying, noting that the passengers applauded on cue.

http://www.towleroad.com/2010/11/two...ca-flight.html

This isn't really news, but I think this song/ video is very sweet and very sad.

^ love it.

so what if i like pretty things Bryan Alan's Avatar
    Civil Unions were just legalized in Illinois! It's about time considering the massive LGBT community in Chicago!
    tuna rubber a little blubber in my igloo

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki View Post
    This isn't really news, but I think this song/ video is very sweet and very sad.
    THAT WAS EPIC!!! *loves*

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Alan View Post
    Civil Unions were just legalized in Illinois! It's about time considering the massive LGBT community in Chicago!
    fuck yeah! I should play Sufjan Stevens to celebrate, but I don't have him on this computer /sadrealization
    "A universe that needed someone to observe it in order to collapse it into existence would be a pretty sorry universe indeed."

So, I was in a cab on my way home when, lo and behold, what should I hear on the radio but an LGBT inspirational anthem? In Filipino no less!

I am honestly so glad to have heard that song. It wasn't anything special on its own, but the mere fact that it even exists at all, let alone the fact that it is being played on the radio (IN THE PHILIPPINES!!!!) means a lot to me. The Philippines isn't the most homophobic country in the world (hate crimes against LGBT people are never committed here) but there's still a lot of stigma and prejudice. It was such a lovely surprise to hear such a supportive, encouraging song, totally out of the blue.