Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: 10 Least Favorite Songs

Quote Originally Posted by emptytuileries View Post
    01. Flicker
    I should really update my picks with "Flicker". It's a fucking disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by iwo1333 View Post
    (And those "oo-ooo-oo-ooo" 's on YCBYD, I just adore.)
    I cringe so so hard during these oo-ooo-oo-ooo's that I almost get cramps.

1. Angels (so droning and tuneless)
    2. Pancake (The bridge is cool, but then it goes back to that whiny, meandering excuse for a 'melody.')
    3. Giant's Rolling Pin (This one makes me laugh. Just when you think it's hit rock bottom, it just keeps going on and on.)
    4. Police Me (Another one that I just find hilariously bad. But I enjoyed watching her perform it live in 2009 because she committed to it and looked like she was having so much fun that I couldn't begrudge her. )
    5. Harps of Gold
    6. Mary (The chorus always sounded lazily written to me.)
    7. Cars and Guitars (A singer better suited to this style might have pulled this song off. Might. Tori's vocal has one lovely bright spot in the soaring "Keep on driving" line, though.)
    8. Chocolate Song/Dolphin Song (TIE - I actually like most of these two tunes. The verses in both are great, but then the songs are predictably ruined for me by the usual lines: "Smooooo liiiike daaaaaahhhhhhphaaaaaaahhhh..." and "satiny luscious chocolate," which both make me stop and think, "Why?? Why would you do that, Tori??" Every time.)
    9. Sweet Dreams
    10. Thoughts (The piano's fine, but the vocal is an obvious improv that didn't really need to preserved on record.)

Quote Originally Posted by civilised syllabub View Post
    2. Pancake
    I will be safe in my frame.

There are so many songs I can't remember well enough/haven't heard enough to include, but here are things that immediately made my ears bleed:

Big Wheel
    Mr. Bad Man
    Hoochie Woman
    Ireland
    Mary
    Maybe California
    Strong Black Vine
    Ribbons Undone
    Don't Make Me Come to Vegas (I don't know if I've ever listened to this song all the way through, it just rubs me wrong)
    Police Me

sshhh I hate Agent Orange but recognize it is nothing close to as bad as the songs above.
    I miss, I miss,/how you'd sigh yourself to sleep
    When I raked the springtime /across your sheets

10. Thoughts (The piano's fine, but the vocal is an obvious improv that didn't really need to preserved on record.)
    I miss, I miss,/how you'd sigh yourself to sleep
    When I raked the springtime /across your sheets

1 - Hoochie woman: absolute worst thing she's ever done. Fails on all levels and isn't funny or sassy one bit.
    2 - Fat Slut: absolute most unnecessary thing she's ever done. As an interlude it adds nothing of meaning.
    3 - Mr Bad Man: mr plodding-along-till-you-fall-asleep man.
    4 - That Guy: that plodding-along-till-you-fall-asleep guy.
    5 - Cactus Practice: I love NOH a lot, but this is such an obvious weak spot, even thematically.
    6 - Police Me: I just can't listen to this. And when I do, I always see that godawful dance improv some weird EWF posted on youtube way back when.
    7 - Mary Jane: yeah yeah, Tori, you are still hip with the kids... Odd brownies and all. #thatonecrazyaunt
    8 - Dark side of the sun: tries to be epic, falls flat on its arse. Fastfood on the moon is one of her worst lyrics.
    9 - Giant's Rolling Pin: she had to do it, right? Put that one silly song on her return-to-form album.
    10 - Flavor: aka wake me up when AATS gets to Starling.

Mostly, she fails whenever she tries to do or be something wayyy too hard. Be it sassy, sultry, sexy, political, whimsical. She can do all those things, but not forced.

(also, all Datura haters can suck it, you're all deaf)
    post28!

You..wait..what?
    post28!