5) Ophelia
    6) Police Me
    7) Not Dying Today
    8) Posse Bonus
    9) Mary Jane
    10) Mr. Bad Man

Quote Originally Posted by darwin View Post
    bouncing off clouds
    Dar, you are cray-cray if you think BOC is worse than Maybe California. (!)

Maybe California
    Ophelia
    Ireland
    Sleeps with Butterflies
    Mary Jane
    Oscar's Theme
    Sister Named Desire
    Dark Side of the Sun
    Ribbons Undone
    Drive All Night
    'Tis better to bend with the wind than stand tall and be broken. Therein lies hope; therein lies freedom.

aging hipster trash The Seaward's Avatar
    i find Maybe California to be utter shit, but at least it's recognized as such. it could work as decent background music if i ignore the lyrics

Bouhn-seeng Awwfuuv Claw-HEE-auds, however, truly annoys me. it has some of tori's sloppiest pronunciation ever and the music bores me. i cannot understand why it's so loved. the only thing i can ever remember about that song is her (grating) voice squawking the title lyrics. repulsive.

also, seeing In the Springtime of His Voodoo appear in this thread makes me wanna cry.
    Last edited by The Seaward; 10-18-2010 at 10:46 PM.
    I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

In album order and only A-sides:

1. Mother
    2. Baker Baker
    3. Jackie's Strength
    4. Glory of the 80's
    5. Mrs. Jesus
    6. Jamaica Inn
    7. Devils and Gods
    8. Maybe California
    9. Ophelia
    10. Pink and Glitter (this song has only 1 play since I got MG!)

Some others: Twinkle, Beauty Queen, Silent All These Years, 1000 Oceans, Wampum Prayer, A Silent Night with You, Not Dying Today, Mary Jane, The Waitress (album version), Candle Coventry Carol, Holly Ivy Rose, Emmanuel, Silent Night Holy Night, Leather, Pretty Good Year, Marys of the Sea

I can't believe anyone would list Voodoo, Virginia, or Police Me as their least favorites. Those would be in my top ten favorite songs!
    Last edited by Scott; 10-18-2010 at 11:23 PM.

Sister Named Desire
    Ribbons Undone
    Hoochie Woman
    Police Yourself
    Not Dying Today
    Yo George
    The Dark Side of the Sun
    Mary Jane
    Maybe California
    Devils and Gods

Yay, a hate thread!

here we go..

1. Sister Named Desire
    2. That Guy
    3. Ophelia
    4. Sweet Dreams (Tales version)
    5. Humpty Dumpty
    6. Thoughts
    7. Bliss
    8. 1,000 Oceans
    9. Strong Black Vine
    10. Digital Ghost

Dishonorable mentions: Yo George, Enjoy the Silence, Mary, Roosterspur Bridge, Pink and Glitter

Bliss, really?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    In album order and only A-sides:

1. Mother

Silent All These Years, , Pretty Good Year

!
    ?!?!?!?!?!?!?????

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    ?!?!?!?!?!?!?????
    He must have watched his mother get brutally beaten and raped white listening to Mother to not like it.

I haven't listened to all of Tori's songs (probably not near all of them, I look through these threads and see all these songs I don't know and just don't bother, I probably should because I listened to Here In My Head and Butterfly for the first time this weekend and I'm IN LOVE.), so I don't think I'm ready to make a hate list yet. :P

A-sides only:*

1. Rooshhtershhpur Bridge
    2. Not Dying Today
    3. Fire to Your Plain
    4. Maybe California
    5. Ribbons Undone
    6. 500 Miles
    7. Teenage Hustling
    8. Amber Waves
    9. Ophelia
    10. Sleeps with Butterflies

Anyone who doesn't like Mother, Pretty Good Year, Voodoo, or Yes, Anastasia is not a real fan.

*For purposes of this list obvious b-sides placed on albums (Mary Jane, Fat Slut, etc...) are not counted. Harps of Gold and YKTR songs have also been disqualified.

Quote Originally Posted by toriMODE View Post
    Bliss, really?
    Yep. Bliss is boring.

Cars and Guitars
    Yo George
    Goodbye Pisces
    Hoochie Woman
    Programmable Soda
    Ireland
    Sleeps With Butterflies
    You Can Bring Your Dog
    Teenage Hustling
    Fat Slut

Absolutely all the songs I really dislike are on The Beekeeper and ADP. The songs I like least on AATS are songs I actually enjoy listening to, but wish they were not on the album.
    And I dislike In The Springtime of his Voodoo too, and I don't mind if I'm labelled as "not a true fan" because of it. I do respect it more than the songs I listed above so I didn't include it in the list, but I almost never listen to it because the intro makes me cringe with embarrasment.
    Black Diamond finally confessed

Did you ever go clear? Alejandro's Avatar
    I don't care if anyone thinks I'm not a true fan just because I don't like In The Springtime of His Voodoo. I find it to be really clumsy, awkward and almost unlistenable and find it hard to believe why it was ever chosen to be a single. I can only assume it was due to the almost as bad remixes that were commisioned for it.

I totally don't miss it on the special edition version of BFP even though it was replaced by that awful Professional Widow remix.

I don't think that the songs you like or dislike indicate how seriously you are into a particular artist. A lot of it has to do with when you discovered your liking for that artist - I know someone who thinks ADP is miles better than UTP or BFP (!!I know!!) just because that was the first Tori album she ever heard and she views the earlier albums as a kind of catch up and they are taking longer to click with her. I have tried to tell her but LOL. Or it may be that certain albums/eras remind you of unhappier times (like BFP for me) which makes them harder to love now.

Anyway, I really don't like ITSOHV and I am still a real fan.
    Last edited by Alejandro; 10-19-2010 at 02:59 PM.

to the loneliest city in the world other pete's Avatar

Angry When I think of what they've done to you

Each to their own and everything but
    Quote Originally Posted by darwin View Post
    bouncing off clouds
    I used to love you

Quote Originally Posted by Alejandro View Post
    Anyway, I really don't like ITSOHV and I am still a real fan.
    Who typed that? My automated Java NotARealFanFilterTM has blocked it out

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Some others:
    You seem to have accidentally leant on your keyboard producing a random sequence of letters that coincidentally looks like a list of Tori Amos songs. Amazing! What are the chances!?!

OK here's mine

10 - Not Dying Today - almost funny, but isnt - see Happy Phantom, which I suppose it's meant as a reply to, to do it right

9-8-8 - Barons of General Revolution - war is bad, womens is good, blah. She's said it all much better elsewhere. Tori pastiche lite.

7 - Dark Side of the Sun - her most disappointing lyrics, in a song that had potential

6 - Tails' Mary - only the continued existance of the original stops it being higher. Sweet Dreams was also slowed & weakened, but this thing's a limping runt groaning "If you ever loved me, kill me now!"

5 - Secret Spell - rejected sit com theme, a couple of nice power chord changes dont save it

4 - Hoochie Woman - trying to sound sassy, sounds lifeless, how can that happen when Tori is so sassy?

3 - Sweet the Sting - trying to sound horny and confident, sounds bored. Only Santa's live version redeemed it and took it off my top spot here.

2 - A Silent Night With You - I like christmas, I honestly do but EVEN on a "Kids Christmas" album (which most of MWG is, and that's fair enough) it's too brutally mercilessly saccharine to cope with. I would've hated it when I was a kid. If I spontaneously gave birth to triplets painlessly and won the lottery and my grandparents all came back from the dead in the prime of their youth and my toes were being licked by puppies I would STILL find this too saccharine, and couldn't get beyond the word "faves". NO ONE EVER SAYS THAT WORD.

Not that it's unpredictable

Just missed: Stille Nacht (she sounds bored), Time time time time time time time (a little repetitive, woo controversy), Maybe California (sometimes I love bits of it), Big Wheel (country, no), and most of the standards on MWG for elevator music blandness.

I SAW THE LIGHT! Hated Doofin Song (Schmoo!) for years but like it now.

HOWEVER, apart from another 10 or so "meh"s I love almost every second of every other song she's released. Which is a higher success rate than anyone else in my collection. I u tori!

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    ?!?!?!?!?!?!?????
    I'm not saying these songs are her worst or are horrible, I just don't like them all that much.

When they come on I usually run for the skip button.