Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your tattooz!

Wow, that is really cool. I think it's fairly common to have to go back and get white retouched. The guy who did mine (it's black with shading but also has white in the flowers) advised me to come back so he could go over the white again, since he said it might fade initially. I keep forgetting I even have a tattoo back there, though.

weeaboo artshag unicron insanitykun's Avatar
    My friend Rachel, who is a tattoo artist has done a few all-white ones and they look awesome.
    TEN YARDS. tumblr.//etsy. PHOTO. sam branman

I don't have any tattoos. I love them on other people, but I've never come across anything that has piqued my interest.

I'm starting to get varicose veins on the back of one of my legs (thanks mom). If they end up getting more visible, I'd like to do something about them - and preferably not surgery because they can come back. I was walking down the street the other day and loved this girl's tattoo on her leg. I snapped up a couple stalker like photos to keep a record of it.. should I ever want to do something similar. What do you guys think?

Icon15

It's small, but it matches the (only) tattoo my aunt had. She passed away in January of 2002, and I still think about her every day. Oh, and this was taken right after it was finished.

It's also the only tattoo I have for now, but I have some ideas brewing for others.

Here are mine. (I only have pictures of them from right after I got them, for some reason.)

This one is in the middle of my upper back. It's my first. I drew the design and had it sitting in a drawer for years before I decided to get it done.

These are some iris on my side. It hurt like a bitch. And the worst part is, after it healed the ink bled really bad and now looks like crap. I still really love the design, though. It's another thing that I drew out.
    I always liked a good storm.

^ that is where I want my tattoo when I decide what I want to get. I've heard it hurts horribly there, though

Yeah, the ribs are a pretty painful spot to get done.

My geisha. A friend is working on my forearm, which I hope will be covered by the end of the year. I want to get a full arm sleeve done eventually. He's a beginner tattoo artist and works from his home, so he's pretty cheap on the price. That's good, because I'm broke as hell! I don't mind being a guinea pig for him, he's a sweetheart. The only problem is that he uses a second hand gun, and my skin doesn't take to color well. I have to change the color on some parts, and avoid problem colors like blue, light green and pink, which completely disappear from my skin.

Oddly enough, most of my tattoo photos are from when they were fresh, too. I'm just not in the habit of a) exposing my back and b) having it photographed.

My first tattoo, back of my neck:

Second and third, on my spine:

And the fourth, shown here still bleeding and distorted because I was half-turned at the camera, from Van Gogh's Starry Night:

Icon15

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    Here are mine. (I only have pictures of them from right after I got them, for some reason.)

I have a similar one!

I would love to be able to add to it, maybe up my side or down my leg, but I'm a little scared of the pain. It was by far the most painful tattoo I have.

I don't know why, but after I got it,I kept thinking about this part of The Wall. The leaf that blows by for like, 1/2 second, is mine!:

I have three other tattoos, but I doubt I have photos of them anywhere. I did at one point, but lord knows where they are now.

This is not mine!

But I saw it online and thought it was really cool...

ambigram tattoo

and it sounds like all our lives Kari's Avatar
    Here is mine. It's a tiny little butterfly.

Next up - quill and ink! And a quote, but I haven't decided on which yet...

waited with a glacier's patience Churumbela's Avatar
    I don't have pics of all of mine, but here are a couple:

These are about three years old now. Color is still pretty fantastic, which is good, as I did worry about the red a bit.

Sorry this one's really fuzzy, but it's hard to take a picture of your own arm! I think this one's just over a year old now.

I'm thinking, as it's a pay week and there are three pay days in July, and it's been a while...that maybe I want to go get another tattoo this weekend.
    I am the beginning. The end. The one that is many.

Quote Originally Posted by Churumbela View Post
    I don't have pics of all of mine, but here are a couple:

These are about three years old now. Color is still pretty fantastic, which is good, as I did worry about the red a bit.
    Those cherries were how I recognized you when we met! I thought it looked like you, but the room was pretty dimly lit and I wasn't sure. The cherries sealed it!
    When they're calling
    From the edge