Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Lykke Li

Nice remix.

it wouldn't even matter other pete's Avatar
    I've been really enjoying Youth Novels the past week. While I wouldn't call it an earth shattering record it's certainly an Extremely Strong Debut, and is whetting my apetite for Wounded Rhymes very nicely indeed.

Tonight is a beautiful tearjerker nd Window Blues, Breaking Up, Melodies & Desires, Little Bit, Hanging High and Trumpet are the tracks getting the most play. But I also find it an album I'm happy to play on though without skipping to my favorites - even the songs I'm not crazy about have their own appeal.

Tonight - alternate version:

ETA: I've ripped the audio and been listening to this over and over and over for the past few days. It's just incredible.

trapped in the worst timeline just owls's Avatar
    I'm really loving all of the tracks that have so far been released. I can't wait to hear the album in its entirety. I'm especially loving the track that was debuted yesterday, "Love Out of Lust":

Tonight is amazing. I was obsessed with Youth Novels when I first heard it in early 2008, but now I don't listen to it as much because I played it soooo many times that first year. I finally saw the video for "Get Some" last night, and I'm a little disappointed. It's not very catchy to me. But I enjoy her still.

Quote Originally Posted by PeasLoveandHominy View Post
    I'm really loving all of the tracks that have so far been released. I can't wait to hear the album in its entirety. I'm especially loving the track that was debuted yesterday, "Love Out of Lust":

I love this song. I think I played it like 4 times in a row yesterday because I didn't want it to end.

What kind of fuckery is this? emptytuileries's Avatar
    So, it's leaked. On to my first listen.

*Edit. It's like a twisted soundtrack to a '80s John Waters film. Love it.
    Last edited by emptytuileries; 02-20-2011 at 11:17 PM.

WUT? *hunts*

And I was being busy too.

ETA: Found it, yay. I'm so musically hard.
    Last edited by Jonathan; 02-21-2011 at 02:27 AM.

I'm pretty sure he said "Killdren". Stone's Avatar
    Just imported to iTunes, ready to synch and play on my way to work tomorrow, yay!

Okay. Jerome is seriously kicking my ass right now. Maybe it's the alcohol. But it's really doing a number on me.
    My face screams without an emotion

Really hearing a girl group influence here and I love it, especially on 'Sadness is a Blessing'.

The rest of the album lives up to Get Some thankfully. The bitch done good.

Yep, this is fantastic. Youth Knows No Pain is the weakest link here, in my opinion - but from 2 to 10, it's a really solid record. I Know Places and Love Out Of Lust have me by the balls right now.

ETA: Parts of it remind me of BFL's Two Suns!

Youth Knows No Pain is a highlight for me. Some parts remind me of the Beekeeper organ funked up.
    My face screams without an emotion

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    Just downloaded. I am really really loving it! I am not too familiar with her earlier work. Is this a new direction for her?

^I'd say it's a definite progression but she maintains the qualities I liked about her first album. I think her voice and the percussion, most notably, are the big changes. She sings with more power and confidence, similar to her Kings of Leon cover, and the drums drive the songs. I'd say this album might be more somber but not necessarily in terms of the tempo. It just has a downcast feel.

My favorites are Love Out of Lust, Unrequited Love, Jerome, and I Know Places.

I'm in love with Wounded Rhymes. My favorites are I Know Places and Rich Kid Blues. Love love love!