Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting Kate articles and interviews

Interesting Kate articles and interviews

I thought this might be fun. I'll start with the entire text of the interview Kate gave to John Aizlewood of Q Magazine in December, 2001. This was transcribed by a friend of our Mis from @'s Kate forum.

THE BIG SLEEP
    SHE'S THE HERMITIC ROCK SIREN WHO TOOK TO HER BED EIGHT YEARS AGO WITH DAYTIME TV FOR COMPANY. NOW KATE BUSH HAS WOKEN UP AGAIN. "PEOPLE HAVE BEEN INCREDIBLY PATIENT WITH ME," SHE TELLS JOHN AIZLEWOOD.

December, 2001

Ah, I remember that one like yesterday, really thought we were getting the new album soon(er than 2005).
    It had nice pictures of her and it was nice to her again after 7 years or so.
    I wish she did something like this again if the next album is not here in foreseeable future.
    Last edited by MrQuin; 06-16-2010 at 08:05 AM.

I like this one as it has lots of info about Kate's writing and recording practices.

Lyrical acuity and mum-smarts menju56's Avatar
    Fantastic interview!

This is an interview Chrissy Iley did for The Sunday Times Colour Supplement when TRS was released. A lot of fans thought this was a real hatchet job. The new unauthorized bio maintains that Kate was very hurt by this and the negative reaction to the album in general.

I'm guessing Kate didn't make any of her trademark mince pies before meeting with Chrissy Iley then.

Sarah!!!!! ! Seeing you here has made my day.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
    This is an interview Chrissy Iley did for The Sunday Times Colour Supplement when TRS was released. A lot of fans thought this was a real hatchet job. The new unauthorized bio maintains that Kate was very hurt by this and the negative reaction to the album in general.
    Wow, that goes a ways to explaining Kate's defensiveness regarding her private life.

Reading up on that era led me to this, which makes me suspect it might have planted the seed for the 'Waiting for Kate Bush' bio/fiction mix -

http://gaffa.org/reaching/i93_to.html

I see what you mean, Dae. I wonder if he made up his friend Catherine. I thought the house she grew up in was still in the family.

Also, I wish these journalists had spent less time poking at her to see if she reacts like a crazy woman and more time asking her thoughtful questions about her music.

What are those paragraphs in bold? They seem totally out of place with the rest of the story and made up.

I remember reading the following article in the Sunday Mirror when I was a teenager and completely at the peak of my Kate obsession. I sort of half believed it at the time, being a naive 13 year old and all, and was so excited to see a half page story on my beloved Kate.

Despite it being total and utter bollocks, the headline has stuck in my head for all these years and even though it has absolutely no truth in it, I thought I'd post it to show how in the mid-nineties Kate totally dropped off the radar and the papers would write any old crap about her!

Lyrical acuity and mum-smarts menju56's Avatar
    Haha! God the British press are horrid. "The once-sexy singer - who has lost her slim, good looks..." The Daily Mail ran a story last week about how Debbie Harry looks "unrecognisable" from the "'70s bombshell." Hmm, could be because there's 30 years' difference and she's 65??

I wonder how much the "friend" got paid. Or if said friend even existed? It's pretty funny in a way, but it's stupid nonsense like this that gives people the wrong idea about her.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
    I see what you mean, Dae. I wonder if he made up his friend Catherine. I thought the house she grew up in was still in the family.
    The farm? Yes, it definitely was at the time of the article. As usual, the stupid journo has not done their research properly. A quick check would have established where Kate grew up. It's listed in every bio ever written about her, complete with photos and establishes that it is not a Victorian house converted into flats. Kate did live in a flat, but not until she left school and home. She lived in a three-storey house converted into flats, on the top floor. Her brothers Jay and Paddy occupied the other two flats. She lived there at least during the Kick inside and Lionheart eras (she said she got the idea about Coffee Homeground from a taxi driver who took her home babbling constantly and paranoically about plots) and I believe it may have been the house where Fred Vermormel hid in the garden to stalk her. I believe the house was owned by the family, although I may be wrong about that.

I think you're right, Helen. Also, who knew kathatsung inspired Coffee Homeground?

Here's another "quality" article, which tries to find something shocking about how she wants to hide her son etc.