Page 1 of 105 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: The All-Inclusive Amanda Palmer Thread

Talking The All-Inclusive Amanda Palmer Thread

The Evelyn Evelyn tour is wrapping up, the Radiohead covers EP is due out in about a month and Cabaret will be starting in the fall. It's an exciting time to be an AFP fan!

One of my favorite DD live videos: AFP as Jack White and BV as Meg White (complete w/ fake boobs)!

Put a bird on it. SisterErnestine's Avatar

Brian and Amanda 2010!!

SisterE

thundering blissful towards death stillorbiting's Avatar
    ^ 2010?! I think my heart just melted.

Put a bird on it. SisterErnestine's Avatar
    Yep, it was before the Evelyn Evelyn show in NYC.

SisterE

What fucking cabaret?! All these side projects just distract her from the new album

Damn, he's still so hot!

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda Palmer.net
    Amanda will be performing as the Emcee in a production of Cabaret at the American Repertory Theater in Boston for two months this Fall. The production is directed by Steven Bogart, has choreography by Steven Mitchell Wright (of the Danger Ensemble) and music directed by Lance Horne.

Tickets are not on sale yet, but you will find more information on the A.R.T.’s website. Stay tuned for on-sale information.

For more details on Amanda’s involvement in Cabaret and other fun projects she will be doing this Fall, check out her blog “AMANDA PALMER in CABARET at the American Repertory Theater”.

Sigh. She's one of the most talented songwriters working today, but sometimes I feel like she couldn't be LESS interested in working on her own material.
    "See everything as an illusion, and enjoy it even though you are not of it."
    ~Alanis Morissette, paraphrased

I finally got 'round to listening to the Idioteque cover. Well, half of it. Got bored.

I enjoyed the Evelyn Evelyn show, but I'm really ready to see what she plans on doing for her sophomore solo record. That and her shows are generally better when she's on her headlining promotional tours for the records.

Quote Originally Posted by SisterErnestine View Post

Brian and Amanda 2010!!

SisterE
    oh man... i wish they'd make music together again. I'm an AFP fan, for sure... but nothing tops DD, IMO.

And I agree with The Markness... Cover albums are nice (even though I'm not particularly a Radiohead fan... or a Ukulele fan...) but I'd much rather hear her original material. Especially now that she's no longer under the control of her old record label. Whatever she has coming ought to be wild...

Only knows desire. Perky Compson's Avatar
    Yeah. Definitely waiting for Amanda to work on her own material, and not goofy side-project material, again. Especially since some of the songs she's got locked away are so fabulous (Living Room, Australia, Bed Song, Trout Heart Replica).

Good news then (if it pans out) - from AFP's Blog:
    the tour brought up some strange feelings. i wasn’t playing the ultimate-amanda-palmer show but i dragged out some strange songs…i played requests, old dolls songs, did some odd covers.
    going into the studio for the day in chicago to record the steel train cover reminds me that i’m actually good at making music when i sit down and do it. i don’t do it much anymore, i’m too busy fucking running around.

i want to finish writing a few years worth of unfinished songs this fall.

it's not meant to be a strife MikeEP's Avatar
    ^ that's awesome news. i appreciated her honesty/humility about the low ticket sales too:

business-wise….we were (or i was) really cavalier about how we booked this tour, i gotta say.
    i expected everyone would make the jump from the dresden dolls to amanda palmer to evelyn evelyn and that selling tickets wouldn’t be too difficult.
    i was wrong. the general touring climate blows…it’s BAD out there, ticket prices are getting slashed and a lot of artists are playing to half-empty rooms due to the economy and the overgutted market since EVERY band and their moms are hitting the road to make up for the shortfall in record sales. and the weirdness of the show billing dented us…the shows were about half sold-out, which was actually pretty respectable…but it did teach me a damn fine lesson in marketing. we billed the show wrong; it should have been billed as an amanda palmer & jason webley extravaganza, with the twins as a support act, not the other way around. those who knew about the twins would have gotten what they expected, those only familiar with me & jason would have been strangely surprised by our weirdo stunts.