Page 105 of 108 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 1614

Thread: The All-Inclusive Amanda Palmer Thread

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    That may be true, but still... havent been as excited for Amanda material since Theatre
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

There’s not a single record of hers where we hadn’t heard most of it prior to its release.
    'Tis better to bend with the wind than stand tall and be broken. Therein lies hope; therein lies freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    There’s not a single record of hers where we hadn’t heard most of it prior to its release.
    Yes, but she didn't have studio versions of them all knocking about. Or indeed had charged her patreons to create them already.

The album is now streaming in full on NPR 🙌 waiting to listen until I can give it my full undivided attention but can’t wait.

https://www.npr.org/2019/02/28/69671...o-intermission

ETA: oops just saw this was already posted. 😬 still, very exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by SkyLab View Post
    Yes, but she didn't have studio versions of them all knocking about. Or indeed had charged her patreons to create them already.
    Those are demos, but sure.
    'Tis better to bend with the wind than stand tall and be broken. Therein lies hope; therein lies freedom.

condemned to wires and hammers ebby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyland View Post
    thanks! can't wait to listen to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Those are demos, but sure.
    They're finished songs, up on itunes, for years at this point.

Ok but what do y’all think of it?

I think it's a lovely album. The instrumental interludes really elevate the songs for me. It's definitely quite different from Who Killed Amanda Palmer or Theatre is Evil. The lyrics are far more literal and direct, and you could argue that some of the melodies/arrangements are a bit simpler. I really like the production on the new version of "Judy Blume," but I think the version she released last year had the better vocal. I'm still not completely sold on "The Ride," but I like it more than I used to. Right now I'm really into "A Mother's Confession" and "Death Thing."
    Last edited by Andyland; 03-03-2019 at 09:19 PM.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    I like the interludes, as well. I think, my personal taste, if you're going to do them either go all out or just do it once or twice. I think of the album JANET Janet Jackson and how half the songs are interludes and they layer up to something.

Lauryn Hill used them very beautifully in Miseducation.. as part part of the classroom theme.

I kind of like them here with AfP because she's never done something like this before to my memory. And I really like that chunks of other songs are dispersed later in the album in different, instrumental versions.

I like the whole thing, really, but hearing Machete in context with the album whole makes me actually like that song. I don't think I was the biggest fan of it before.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

I loved Machete before, especially with her explaining it so well back then. This new version is gonna take a while for me to get into though. The interludes are beautiful, but I worry about how they will bear up to repeated listens. Janet Jackson used to do the same thing in her albums and it just ended up being annoying when you wanted to get to a track. Though I suppose we don't live in a CD world anymore.

Judy Blume was my fave song of hers that never could (besides Ambien), and I was so happy when she did a 'proper' recording of it. Nice to see it represented here.

Generally happy with everything. Though I could have said that several years ago.

Anyone know when this will be on Spotify?

Quote Originally Posted by okyanus View Post
    Anyone know when this will be on Spotify?
    The official release date is March 8th