Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Something Like A Charlotte Martin Thread

I'd do Joanna, I'm not that into formally pretty girls next door. Joanna has more edge. I wouldn't mind Charlotte either but if I had to choose...

"Volcano," the first single from Dancing on Needles, is available for download. For a limited time! Get it while it's hot:

Bandcamp: http://charlottemartin.bandcamp.com/

iTunes: http://t.co/rDdiELt

And here's a new interview, too: http://thecomet.com/posts/five_quest...arlotte_martin

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    I really like the song. I am hesitant to buy it now, though. I know when I bought WTE, it went towards my purchase of AATS. I don't want to buy it then have to buy the whole album again at full price.

My face screams without an emotion

I wonder how different this album will be because of how little editing Charlotte did and how her husband had more of an influence on the record's sound/production.

I'm very very glad Weird Goodbye has made the album. It's one of my favorites and I figured when it wasn't on Orphans that it might be lost forever like Medicine Man or In My Desert There's A Spring Sometimes.

I like Volcano, but don't love it. The vocals sound too restrained but the instrumentation is nice. The delicacy of the verses is a good contrast for when it builds more in the chorus.

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    I really like the song. I am hesitant to buy it now, though. I know when I bought WTE, it went towards my purchase of AATS. I don't want to buy it then have to buy the whole album again at full price.
    I'd say it should almost certainly count towards the full album purchase, but the iTunes link redirects to the bandcamp website. Which makes my iTunes credits useless and me much less likely to purchase this unfortunately.

I LOVE Volcano and am glad she edited out that bit at the end. Great choice. It sounds like something you would be proud of but in the end, just messes with the beautiful flow of the song. I also have no idea how she wrote it in so much pain. It's just beautiful.

Sounds good! That has to be inspired by the Suspiria theme.

Loving Volcano also! Though for a "first single" choice, it's a bit...subdued?
    "See everything as an illusion, and enjoy it even though you are not of it."
    ~Alanis Morissette, paraphrased

Quote Originally Posted by MrQuin78 View Post
    Sounds good! That has to be inspired by the Suspiria theme.
    Oh! What's this about? I can see the correlation between the barbed-wire scene and the album title.

I really like Volcano.

I'm excited for the new album.

Quote Originally Posted by electrickidz View Post
    Oh! What's this about? I can see the correlation between the barbed-wire scene and the album title.
    Maybe it's just me but that blimblom riff just immediately got me thinking of Suspiria, also a bit of Tubular Bells in there.

Oh! Got ya! I can't wait for this album.

in an infinite regress just owls's Avatar
    Something Like A Fanclub just launched

There are two tiers.

The Crazies tier includes:

The Casual tier includes:

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    I thought you were being uncharacteristically snarky, but they really are called crazies. lol.

Crazies is $80 and Casual is $30.

As I did not match any Mega Millions numbers last night, crazies is out of my budget and I should not try to make it fit. The only thing I'd really want anyway was the bootlegs and the entry to win the private performance.

The casuals isn't priced too high considering what it includes, but while a signed digipak is awesome, I don't *need* it and I am trying not to be a super collector. It's the eleven extra songs that sounds tempting. And getting it early.

Also, I don't have a cd drive (although I might have to get one soon) so I'd still have to d/l the album and the bonus song from the cd. So basically I'd be paying for a cd I don't really want and can't really use just so I could get the b-sides and outtakes.

argh.