Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Post a random photo

Quote Originally Posted by fux n sux View Post
    key largo florida, back in the day. its one of the few things i miss from living there.
    yeah, i still miss the sea from back home now that I'm in London

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarella View Post
    I absolutely love the light and texture in this photo Barbs!

Joey, part of me thinks this should have been in the uk so that I could go (and yes, i'm ridiculously jealous!)

I took this picture with that P&S camera I won at the arcade! I brightened up the iris slightly but overall there's very little retouching here. This is a pretty good little camera! (It's the Olympus Stylus Tough 6000).

That's quite awesome! I could look at a whole book full of peoples' eye photos. I love eyes!

frak! the details are amazing!

Thankies I LOVE eyes. I'm always trying to get people to let me photograph their eyes and I doodle them constantly. I seriously can ignore any disfigurement or even a personality flaw in someone if they have beautiful eyes. There's just something about them, I can see why they say they're the "Window to the Soul."

Thanks, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by MTC View Post
    The angle of that shot of Cinderella's castle reminds me of a castle in Germany with the blue spires.
    That's because the Cinderella castle at Disney World (FL) is based on the Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland (CA), which was based on Neuschwanstein in Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by SageBrushFire View Post
    I can see why they say they're the "Window to the Soul."
    A window to another pair of eyes would do me fine =] The lighting on that photos astounding for such an arcade camera!
    GSV Tarendai

Quote Originally Posted by Tarendai View Post
    A window to another pair of eyes would do me fine =] The lighting on that photos astounding for such an arcade camera!
    Thanks! I was in a dark room with a bright lamp and I was holding the lamp at various angles trying to get it right. Luckily if you go into a certain mode on this camera you can lock the focus so it's easier to get in-focus shots (Though I think my canon powershot was a bit faster/better at it than this one).

Here's another one of my eye. It got a little blown out but you can see some more detail. I think that brown spot is a fatty lipid deposit.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Why is this happening to me? beanstew's Avatar
    There was an eye thread on another forum I use. Here's mine.

and the random photo I came here to post:

Oh God that's scary. What kind of wasp is that? That seems to be a pretty big nest.

The Haunted Mansion at Disney's Magic Kingdom - Orlando, Florida. June 21, 2010.

Wow it almost looks like an HDR image. How are you getting so much detail in the structures without having the sky be all blown out? Nice.

More shots of Hogwarts:

The Great Hall

The Courtyard (or so I call it)

and

The Tree Lady at Disney's Animal Kingdom: June 20, 2010. This is probably my favorite thing about going to Animal Kingdom. These women are on stilts and they hide behind the trees and slowly emerge and walk across the paths. They love to work for the cameras, let me tell you.

Why is this happening to me? beanstew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SageBrushFire View Post
    Oh God that's scary. What kind of wasp is that? That seems to be a pretty big nest.
    I'm not sure what species it is. The nest is quite big. The wasps don't seem to be aggressive as I was sat watching them for ages and they were just flying around me. They're pretty fascinating really.