Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Rachel - KundaVega - all the love

Rachel was one of the reasons why I first became an frequent member of @. She was intelligent, witty, funny, creative and damn did she know how to debate. It's such a loss to lose a special person like her. She was one in a million and will truly be missed. She touched so many of us. I still can't believe this. It feels like a sick sick joke. What the fuck.

Thanks for contacting Rachel's cousin, Barb.

She posted on my FB wall that she was going to be having major surgery soon too and we were talking about being surgery buddies and being strong for each other. I never asked her why she was having surgery or what the surgery was for because she didn't say and I didn't want to press her if she wasn't ready to talk about it. I just figured she'd tell me when she felt she could. Now I wish I had asked her.

This is unbelievably sad. I just can't find the words to express how fucked up and sad this is. She was such a bright light. Oh god.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    Her cards were always so special, as were her holiday mix CD's. I'm afraid to look at them (I have them all in a keepsake box, because they are that special), for fear of losing my shit.
    Just listened to And Dream of Sheep and lost my shit. But I needed to hear Kate right now.

Indeed, I doubt Kate'll be leaving my ears in the next few days. I can't get over this, she was such an amazing person... She was also one of my reasons for becoming a frequent poster. Her insight in the Kate forum was simply wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Gretch View Post
    She posted on my FB wall that she was going to be having major surgery soon too and we were talking about being surgery buddies and being strong for each other. I never asked her why she was having surgery or what the surgery was for because she didn't say and I didn't want to press her if she wasn't ready to talk about it. I just figured she'd tell me when she felt she could. Now I wish I had asked her.

This is unbelievably sad. I just can't find the words to express how fucked up and sad this is. She was such a bright light. Oh god.
    I vaguely remember her making an FB post about having an EKG...don't ask me what depths of my stupid brain remembered that.

Rachel and Meesh in one year just seems too much.

Sad, sad news.

So sad I remember her being a large presence on the @ Kate forum and admiring her intellect and spirit.

What absolutely terrible news.

I will cherish my memories of the fantastic, completely unique conversations I had with Rachel, my fellow HAIR, Kate Bush and horror fan. Just yesterday I listened to HAIR on the train to NYC for the first time in a long time, out of the blue, and I thought of her (as I always do when I listen to that album), remembering the dots we'd leave each other where we'd try to squeeze in as many of the song HAIR's adjectives as possible before running out of space.

During her time here, she planted so many seeds that are still flourishing. For instance, I know a friend whose life she basically changed when she introduced him to Kate Bush. He still has the mix CD she sent him years ago. The fact that so many people had similar experiences, and have been left with lifelong impressions of her, beautifully sums up what kind of person she was. She reached out in such an expansive way, and with such warmth, that she'll live on through all of these entirely present, honest interactions. She gave and she cared, and she had an impact on so many, including me.
    When they're calling
    From the edge

Beautiful and true words, Josh.

Everything that Josh said. She will be dearly missed.

she was always nice to me in the KB forums and I am gonna miss her. I feel deeply sorry for her family. She always came off as an intelligent creative person full of ideas and she was NEVER afraid to speak her mind. I liked that about her. I still have Kate CDRs she sent me. She wrote Merry X-mas on them and they got me through the remainder of college.

I just can't believe this...

Last edited by pan; 11-12-2010 at 03:38 PM.

This is completely devastating.

Oh, no. Rachel. This is awful. Gah.

No! Another shocking death. I loved her posts and she always reminded me of why I joined @forumz in the first place.

I don't know what to say but I'm hoping for more info as well.

She was one of the good ones.