Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Board Game / Card Games / Party Games

testosterone-laden drunken moogle Spikey's Avatar
    Oh I noticed other people here playing witches too.

If you have the Treefrog Limited edition and enjoying the big board, the nice pewter mini's are hardly practical because;
    1. they fall over all the time and damage the board
    2. you can't easily distinguish m

solved;

Order here;
    http://shop.microartstudio.com/discw...es-p-1004.html
    Ai, Tolosa e Provensa, e la terra d’Argensa, Besièrs e Carcassei, quo vos vi e quo'us vei!‎

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. Now here is something that arrived and makes me grow fairy fandom wings;

Viticulture Kickstarter edition, with a gazillion expansions in a box named Tuscany. Not only will you be The package weighs altogether over 5kilograms, including beautifully crafted metal coins.
    While it looks like a standard worker placement running a vineyard at first, but there is so much to this game that makes it fun. After playing it to death at a friends' place, I think I like it even more than my formerly favorite games of Battle at Kemble's Cascade, Puerto Rico Limited edition & Castles of Burgundy.
    Ai, Tolosa e Provensa, e la terra d’Argensa, Besièrs e Carcassei, quo vos vi e quo'us vei!‎

Cards against humanity. Finally. Omg we had so much fun!!!!!!!
    post28!

Icon15

Has anyone played Dixit? It's so much fun, and very replayable because of the many expansions, not to mention, the art is gorgeous. Gorgeous!

It's about playing a card with a made up story and having other players try to guess it. However, these other players also play cards, and get points if other people guess that their played card is the original one.

"A universe that needed someone to observe it in order to collapse it into existence would be a pretty sorry universe indeed."

Yup, great game to play with people who don't really like games. It appeals to everybody, lots of fun

There's also a mix of this and Clue coming out, called Mysterium. Also very cool!
    post28!

Quote Originally Posted by wout View Post
    Mysterium. Also very cool!
    Played this today at Essen. Very nice game, should have a wide audience.

I didn't do Essen this year but a mate of mine picked up a copy for me there today.
    How was it?
    post28!

Still here. Someone on BBG posted a GIF of a vid at hall 1 that sums it up; .

I entered at hall 3 upon opening, which was also insane, but not like that.

Ugh, my anxiety is kicking up by merely watching that gif

So we had game night yesterday, trying out some of the new stash. We played The Bloody Inn (need to play it again now that I get how it works), Mysterium (great new version, very streamlined) and Codenames (really fun). Still to try out: Arcadia Quest, Epic, Dark Moon, Runes of Ruin, Monster my neighbour and 8-odd more titles I forgot already

Are you there for the whole weekend then? Woah...
    post28!

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    Still here. Someone on BBG posted a GIF of a vid at hall 1 that sums it up; .

I entered at hall 3 upon opening, which was also insane, but not like that.
    this is why cons would freak me out. Too many people make my little monkey brain break. And yet, I lived in London for 6 years.

Quote Originally Posted by wout View Post
    Ugh, my anxiety is kicking up by merely watching that gif

So we had game night yesterday, trying out some of the new stash. We played The Bloody Inn (need to play it again now that I get how it works), Mysterium (great new version, very streamlined) and Codenames (really fun). Still to try out: Arcadia Quest, Epic, Dark Moon, Runes of Ruin, Monster my neighbour and 8-odd more titles I forgot already

Are you there for the whole weekend then? Woah...
    Was there wed-sat. Had some friends over yesterday night, and they forced me to play Mysterium with them. They couldn't stop playing, we were at it from 21:30 until 2:30. Everyone wanted to play the ghost role, too. Btw, did your friend get you the surprise giveaway promo that was given if you bought the game at the correct booth? It has an extra location, extra character and extra weapon (Ouija board).

The most fun thing I played at the fair aside from Mysterium was a simple game named Potion Explosion.

Quote Originally Posted by soignee View Post
    this is why cons would freak me out. Too many people make my little monkey brain break. And yet, I lived in London for 6 years.
    Yeah, I can never be in there for long, I always take a few days do visit the fair a few hours each day. They expected about 165.000 visitors this year.

While we were installing a new kitchen at my place, I mentioned to my dad "yeah maybe we can make a boardgame arena, to try and impress friends to protect my glass table? Something with wood and felt? Idk."

Today I arrived home, and my parents had been there for some stuff, and they it seems they made me DIS

Santa brought me Mage Knight, Flash Point and Codenames this year. I'm pretty pleased!!
    post28!

I got Pandemic: Legacy. I can already see my partner breaking out in sweats at the thought of "ruining" a boardgame with permanent stickers and having to rip up cards.