Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Christmas Music!

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Sometimes I like just some background Christmas music without vocals when I'm not feeling grinchy. Anyone have any good recs? Transiberian Orchestra is a little too over the top and I'm not a big jazz fan (small doses).

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post
    Sometimes I like just some background Christmas music without vocals when I'm not feeling grinchy. Anyone have any good recs? Transiberian Orchestra is a little too over the top and I'm not a big jazz fan (small doses).
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Char...s_(soundtrack)

Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post
    Venus Hum - Switched On Christmas (free download in exchange for email address - Noisetrade isn't too spammy)

Synth versions of classic Christmas songs. It's probably on the streaming services too.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

Only knows desire. Perky Compson's Avatar
    I made a playlist of depressing Christmas songs for the humbugs out here.

Are you less than cheery about Christmas? Does the idea of spending money on gifts send you into almost as much of an anxiety attack as the idea of spending time making them? Is your sun lamp out of batteries? Does “Jingle Bell Rock” make you want to crawl into the void until January?

I have the mix for you!

Featuring songs about gentrification, parental kidnapping, gun violence, dead relatives, alcohol poisoning, awkwardly running into your college hookup, and realizing how many New Year’s resolutions you broke in 2017, …And an Alcoholic’s Christmas is an hour and a half of being a total fucking Grinch!

I made a big Christmas playlist featuring artists that I love. Lots of Sufjan, Aimee Mann, Rosie Thomas, Tori, Fiona Apple, Rogue Wave, Low, Handsome & Gretyl, Wolf Alice, Bright Eyes, Phoebe Bridgers, Jimmy Eat World, Regina Spektor, Future of Forestry, The Sweeplings. I hope some of you enjoy it.

https://open.spotify.com/user/jamesm...SpSpVz8vuz3DCQ

strike every chord that you feel Owen's Avatar
    ^ That's such a lovely playlist! Thank you for sharing it!

Quote Originally Posted by JamieC View Post
    I made a big Christmas playlist featuring artists that I love. Lots of Sufjan, Aimee Mann, Rosie Thomas, Tori, Fiona Apple, Rogue Wave, Low, Handsome & Gretyl, Wolf Alice, Bright Eyes, Phoebe Bridgers, Jimmy Eat World, Regina Spektor, Future of Forestry, The Sweeplings. I hope some of you enjoy it.

https://open.spotify.com/user/jamesm...SpSpVz8vuz3DCQ
    The Rosie Thomas record was just released on vinyl on her Bandcamp and I am tempted to pull the trigger! It's a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    The Rosie Thomas record was just released on vinyl on her Bandcamp and I am tempted to pull the trigger! It's a good one.
    I especially like her 'Christmas Don't Be Late'. Better than the chipmunks' version.

*Hilarious but NSFW lyrics*
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

Merry Christmas, I think
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

Catenary Wires - Christmas Tree (Burn Burn Burn)