Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The I LOVE Denim Thread

Cool The I LOVE Denim Thread

Tell me about your denim. What are you favorite fits? Pants, shorts, overalls, shirts. Are you always shopping for denim?

My top three jeans, that I seem to always be wearing on serious rotation are:
    1. Seven for Mankind dark blue Standard. I am in serious love with these jeans. The denim is so soft and malleable, it feels as if I'm wearing loosely fitting denim tights.
    2. These dark washed out blue jeans from Benetton. I love these for work. They're not tight, but have a real comfortable fit.
    3. My everything jeans-- the ones that get the most wear and tear, the ones that get to run the most errands, soaked on rainy deals and stinky in bars filled with smoke-- are my Diesel light blue Shazors.
    Last edited by Banjee; 05-12-2013 at 07:22 PM.

Indigo wash is a requirement. I prefer trouser jeans (long and flare a bit at the bottom) but will wear a boot cut. I love, love, love jeans.

I saw a commercial for Pajama Jeans today. Uh, no. They are just sweatpants made to look like jeans.

delicious dish
    Quote Originally Posted by jeth View Post
    I saw a commercial for Pajama Jeans today. Uh, no. They are just sweatpants made to look like jeans.
    A co-worker bought them for a friend, and we all had a look. They are really more denim that sweat pant, but mostly they just looked really unflattering.

I'm trying to find something in a lighter wash (becasue my dog is fawn colored and sheds, that I can wear around the house) and then LEAVE the house in. I currently have to change clothes every single time I enter and exit my home becasue all of my clothes are so dark. It's a huge hassle. I'm not even sure where to look. I want light wash, super skinny or jegging cut, and I have hips and thighs. It's daunting. But I'll be so excited when I finally find them!

J Brand all the way. Doesn't matter which style. Love them all.

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar
    I buy jeans from a western wear store. Wranglers usually. They fit me super well which I appreciate more than fancy stitching or rhinestones. No gap waistband, durable and lots of give since they are specifically designed for riding horses. I'm hard on my jeans! The darker the wash the better.
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life

flayed on the marble stairs
    The only jeans that fit me properly are Levi's (I'm very short and thin, and I refuse to shop in the children's department anymore), so I'm stuck with them. I always wear dark wash ones, though; I don't like light denim. I've always worn tight jeans because I just don't like the way looser jeans feel and look on me. It's something I've just grown accustomed to by now.

and it sounds like all our lives Kari's Avatar
    Gap Long and Lean. They are the only jeans made that even remotely fit me. I have a tiny waist, big hips and big thighs. It's nearly impossible to find jeans that aren't hanging off me or gaping in the waist while my poor Irish thighs look as if they've been crammed into sausage casing.

waited with a glacier's patience Churumbela's Avatar
    ^
    Yes. The Gap Long and Leans are about the only jeans I've ever found that I didn't have to hike up constantly. Wearing jeans is generally a huge trial for me, as my ass is so flat that pants just don't stay up. That's why I usually just wear skirts and dresses!
    I am the beginning. The end. The one that is many.

Lately, I've been looking for a pair of black jeans. Well, not black really, light gray/washed out black jeans. I HAD a pair of Diesels that I wore to death back in the day that have either been stolen or lost (my theory is that they were stolen at the laundry place straight out the dryer). No luck yet.

Mario, are you on Gilt? So many great jeans on there.

yeah, but I have to try jeans on; they are something I cannot buy over the net.

Got ya

condemned to wires and hammers ebby's Avatar
    Oh man, I came across this today, and even though I don't wear denim jeans that often these days, I now totally would love a custom made pair:

There is a great shop in NYC called jean shop (one in soho and one in meatpacking). They are a bit of an investment but I've been wearing a pair for four years.
    Blk Dnm is a new brand that does some great Japanese denim. I've got a few pairs and They feel great.
    There was a great piece in the NYT magazine last week about perfect fitting jeans. Ill try and find it and link it.