Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
Results 286 to 299 of 299

Thread: Twin Peaks

  1. #286
    these days just seem to crush me
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    868
    well that was probably the most pointless episode. the second half felt like a bunch of scenes that would have ended up on the cutting room floor all spliced together. and then to throw James in at the end? it almost felt like our "payoff" for sitting through such nonsense to get to the one redeeming scene of the show.

  2. #287
    The arm wrestling scene was my fave. Nice to see Kyle MacLachlan get to do something.

    I liked that we got to catch up with some classic characters. Norma franchising the Double-R, Nadine realizing her dream ("Run Silent, Run Drapes", lol), Ed still running his gas farm and pining for Norma (wonder what happened there?). But I hate that Sarah Palmer's life is so grim. No family, no friends, just 25 years of staring at the TV alone and drunk.

  3. #288
    worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,758
    I love that they got James to do that song at the roadhouse. So absurd!

  4. #289
    Senior Member JAE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,265
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessy View Post
    well that was probably the most pointless episode. the second half felt like a bunch of scenes that would have ended up on the cutting room floor all spliced together. and then to throw James in at the end? it almost felt like our "payoff" for sitting through such nonsense to get to the one redeeming scene of the show.
    I disagree, I thought that those scenes were amazing and all contributed to an atmosphere of desolation and sadness. We had the scenes of Ed apparently pining and severely lonely, as well as seeing Audrey, who was previously such a confident and driven character, in a position where she seems completely confused (who knows what the deal is with that). And then the scene with Sarah Palmer watching the boxing was unbelievably heart breaking and to me one of the most affecting scenes in the entire series. I think there's an added poignancy to these scenes because we haven't caught up with these characters in 25 years - the idea that the town and these characters that we love have ended up this way (partially because of the events in the original series) is really unsettling and sad, and goes against the typical nostalgia approach for legacy projects like this.

  5. #290
    Senior Member JAE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,265
    Quote Originally Posted by .chris View Post
    I love that they got James to do that song at the roadhouse. So absurd!
    I was at that - I always found the original scene so ridiculous and hilarious especially because it was played completely straight, so this was a perfect call back.

  6. #291
    and it sounds like all our lives Kari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    15,794
    Quote Originally Posted by JAE View Post
    I disagree, I thought that those scenes were amazing and all contributed to an atmosphere of desolation and sadness. We had the scenes of Ed apparently pining and severely lonely, as well as seeing Audrey, who was previously such a confident and driven character, in a position where she seems completely confused (who knows what the deal is with that). And then the scene with Sarah Palmer watching the boxing was unbelievably heart breaking and to me one of the most affecting scenes in the entire series. I think there's an added poignancy to these scenes because we haven't caught up with these characters in 25 years - the idea that the town and these characters that we love have ended up this way (partially because of the events in the original series) is really unsettling and sad, and goes against the typical nostalgia approach for legacy projects like this.
    AGREED! I really liked this one and found it so very sad. And my husband and I laughed like hyenas at James' performance. It's hilarious!

  7. #292
    Senior Member ontheindianside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    138
    Can anyone explain to me exactly why that other guy in the office wants (or wanted) to kill Dougie? I thought I had missed something, but I was talking to the ex for whom I watched Twin Peaks in the first place (and who did not finish The Americans for me!), and I said, "I need you to explain why the casino guys sent that one guy after Dougie," and he said he didn't know either. I've Googled it and everything, but we are both confused, so I've run out of TP experts to ask. He thinks we're not supposed to know, but I just feel like there's something I'm not getting.

    Apologies if this has been addressed before.

    ETA: We debated whether he was working for Jeffries or Evil Coop (or both). But the casino guys had something to do with it, and he gave them that check, and now they dance in conga lines together, but that one guy is still trying to kill him over those lines he drew on that paper while he followed the light and apparently found some kind of fraud? Except now he can't because Dougie "found him out." Found what out?
    Last edited by ontheindianside; 08-14-2017 at 03:20 AM.

  8. #293
    worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,758
    Last night's episode was insane! So much shit coming together. Highlights for me include Andy in the white lodge and WHAT THE FUCK SARAH PALMER!!!!?!!!

    Lots of speculation that Billy is the bloodied up guy in jail. Also I think James is about to find out the source of the weird sounds at the Great Northern. And lastly I am dying for a scene now between Laura Dern and Naomi Watts. I kinda wish this season would never end. It has been such a joy to watch.

  9. #294
    Senior Member CC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by .chris View Post
    Last night's episode was insane! So much shit coming together. Highlights for me include Andy in the white lodge and WHAT THE FUCK SARAH PALMER!!!!?!!!
    .
    I enjoyed this episode the most so far!!!
    Andy after the lodge was simply wonderful. But I especially liked the dream-sequence with Monica Bellucci.

  10. #295
    Thoughts on ep. 14:

    -I loved the Monica Bellucci scene too. It's funny because the first time Chrystal Bell's character (Tammy) appeared in the series I thought she was Monica Bellucci.

    -Sarah Palmer has stolen every episode she's been in for me. That scene was a shocker. I really hope we haven't seen the last of her.

    -The green glove story was really interesting. Was Freddy summoned to Twin Peaks by the Fireman to defeat Evil Coop? Also, James is so much cooler now than in the original series.

    -I can't wait for the inevitable Diane/Janey-E reunion. So Diane and Dougie have never met because she would have recognized him as Coop's doppelgänger right? So how did he meet Janey-E? Did he seek her out?

    -Who is Billy??????

    I never want this series to end either!!! It's just a whirlwind of great actors and characters and bizarre scenes, and it's really working for me in a way that I don't think it would if anyone else was behind it. It's like Lynch Christmas every Sunday. I can't wait to see what happens in the last four episodes.

  11. #296
    worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,758
    Quote Originally Posted by plastic•husband View Post
    Thoughts on ep. 14:
    It's like Lynch Christmas every Sunday. I can't wait to see what happens in the last four episodes.
    It really is!!!! I feel so spoiled.

  12. #297
    I feel so bad for Sarah Palmer. Against all odds, she's become the emotional core of this series for me... I have many issues with the new Twin Peaks, but whenever Grace Zabriskie is onscreen, they seem to go away.

  13. #298
    and it sounds like all our lives Kari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    15,794
    Quote Originally Posted by .chris View Post
    Last night's episode was insane! So much shit coming together. Highlights for me include Andy in the white lodge and WHAT THE FUCK SARAH PALMER!!!!?!!!

    Lots of speculation that Billy is the bloodied up guy in jail. Also I think James is about to find out the source of the weird sounds at the Great Northern. And lastly I am dying for a scene now between Laura Dern and Naomi Watts. I kinda wish this season would never end. It has been such a joy to watch.
    This was my favorite ep so far, I think. And Sarah Palmer did what every woman wishes she could do when some creeper won't let you have a fucking drink in peace.

  14. #299
    Senior Member CC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    And Sarah Palmer did what every woman wishes she could do when some creeper won't let you have a fucking drink in peace.
    Very true, Kari!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •