Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Twin Peaks

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    I don't think I've anticipated anything as much as this, entertainment-wise, with the exception of Kate Bush's Before the Dawn.

ETA-
    lots of press coming out today. Some of the cast was on Good Morning America. Of course no one can actually talk about what the new season is about.

Quote Originally Posted by .chris View Post
    ETA-
    lots of press coming out today. Some of the cast was on Good Morning America. Of course no one can actually talk about what the new season is about.
    I'm surprised nothing's been scheduled for Colbert, Corden, Degeneres, or anyone else CBS-affiliated...perhaps next week after the premiere?

LOVE,

SB

I'm re-watching the old episodes in the lead up to this weekend but don't think I'm going to be able to finish them in time so I'm going to skip a few. I haven't watched them in years and years but my thoughts are to watch up until the episode after the murderer reveal and then skip to the last four or five episodes. I'm one of the people who definitely feels that the second half of season 2 drags but towards the end it brings itself back - does anyone else have any feelings about the best chunk of episodes to skip?

Quote Originally Posted by JAE View Post
    I'm re-watching the old episodes in the lead up to this weekend but don't think I'm going to be able to finish them in time so I'm going to skip a few. I haven't watched them in years and years but my thoughts are to watch up until the episode after the murderer reveal and then skip to the last four or five episodes. I'm one of the people who definitely feels that the second half of season 2 drags but towards the end it brings itself back - does anyone else have any feelings about the best chunk of episodes to skip?
    I think thats pretty right on. After Leland dies you can probably skip to the last 2 episodes. The whole subplot with James and Evelyn is so painful!!! Although, I have to say, I have a soft spot for super Nadine.

Quote Originally Posted by .chris View Post
    I think thats pretty right on. After Leland dies you can probably skip to the last 2 episodes. The whole subplot with James and Evelyn is so painful!!! Although, I have to say, I have a soft spot for super Nadine.
    Yes! I think Nadine is my favourite character overall. But the James and Evelyn thing is the worst of the worst. I'd love a version of the final half of that season that was edited down into a few hours with all of the interesting stuff kept in and the sub-par stuff skipped over.

^ I'd suggest trying to fit in a Fire Walk With Me rewatch if you can. Lynch specifically mentions that as being important to the new series.

Ooh good point, I think I'll watch it in place of the episodes I'm skipping.

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Is FWWM truly watchable? I tried once, and maybe I was simply not in the right mood, I barely remember what I saw, but I just couldn't.

I'm not gonna talk about Judy. Johnothon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grapefruit_is_winning View Post
    Is FWWM truly watchable? I tried once, and maybe I was simply not in the right mood, I barely remember what I saw, but I just couldn't.
    I honestly think it's an incredible film. Bleak as all fuck and heartbreaking, but a genuinely fantastic piece of work. Sheryl Lee's performance is quite something.

I have been rewatching the original series as well and i just watched the episode where the killer is revealed and holy shit... the last five minutes of that episode never fails to blow me away. I have no idea% how that was on prime time tv in 1991. How did it get past the censors? If lynch had directed the rest of the series it would have been incredible.

And FWWM is so intense and draining and terrifying, i understand why some fans of the show don't like it, but i think it's my favorite twin peaks project, and i think it's reputation has improved. If the new series is more along the lines of FWWM i will love it.

Same here.

I love Fire Walk With Me. I didn't quite get it all the first time. But with each additional viewing I've appreciated it more and more. Since it is 100% Lynch directed, I imagine we'll get something along those lines for the new series. Maybe a little less bleak though.

FWWM was actually my introduction to twin peaks, so i had no idea what was going on. But i was so intrigued and it was a lot of fun watching the series later and learning who all the characters were. (The hair really threw me off though. Why on earth did Laura's hair change so much in one week?)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnothon View Post
    I honestly think it's an incredible film. Bleak as all fuck and heartbreaking, but a genuinely fantastic piece of work. Sheryl Lee's performance is quite something.
    Yes, me too. I find it very different than the TV show but just as affecting. I agree with .chris that it's something you can appreciate more and more with every viewing.

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Thanks all! I'll check it out again.