Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Twin Peaks

i actually just bought this a few weeks ago when amazon had it on sale for $35. i'm slowly getting around to it and am really enjoying it so far.

it's very much a straight laced david lynch production, but i'm enjoying it. there are some moments that have left me scratching my head, but there's enough to go over for a while. i'm curious as to why the log lady intros are not remastered?

Every let's say .. 5 months i see my Twin Peaks dvd box and i just HAVE to watch it , and for now i know it's coming real soon
    ( i really like to do a Twin Peaks week-end )

Why is this happening to me? beanstew's Avatar
    I've been meaning to get a box set too as I only ever saw odd episodes here and there when it was broadcast. That gold edition is pretty tempting.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

I absolutely love the Gold Edition boxset. One of my favorite shows, ever.

Also, this thread needs this:
    'Tis better to bend with the wind than stand tall and be broken. Therein lies hope; therein lies freedom.

Lyrical acuity and mum-smarts menju56's Avatar
    The Gold Box came yesterday, I watched the pilot, and oh my goodness I love it already. There are two pilots on the first disc - the "original version," which I watched, and then the "international version" where it says beforehand that it was meant as a stand-alone thing and "solves the Laura Palmer mystery in its own way." I haven't watched it and am not going to go near anything that seems like it might solve it! I know nothing about Twin Peaks so I'm really learning as I'm going along.

(I got quite excited to see Piper Laurie in there, having known her of course from Carrie. )

Do not watch the International Version until you've seen the entire series. It does solve the Laura Palmer mystery in a way that somewhat spoils the actual show.
    'Tis better to bend with the wind than stand tall and be broken. Therein lies hope; therein lies freedom.

Thanks for that - I didn't/haven't watched it, so am none the wiser. I'm three episodes in so far and loving it.

Menju! Update us on your Twin Peaks experience! How far are you?

Yes I want to know too menju . I love this thread but it's good for me because everytime i see it , I want to watch the show all over again

I'm loving it! I watched Episode 11 last night. In case other people haven't seen it yet:

I'm finding it very addictive but am limiting myself to one or two episodes a day because I want it to last! Have no idea what's going to happen next, and I like that.

to the loneliest city in the world other pete's Avatar
    Mashed In Plastic - The David Lynch Mashup Album

I stumbled across this the other day - they take various songs and mash them up with music from Lynch productions, with dialogue clips here and there. I know I'm not getting a lot of the references because I don't know much Lynch beyond TP, and some of the other music is too cool to be on my radar so far, but it's really well done. Kylie's Two Hearts meets the Twin Peaks dwarf music is much better than it ought to be, there's a creepy take on Eleanor Rigby, and a sparse electro take on Caught a Lite Sneeze ("Tori's Deranged") which is cool.

Those of you, like me, who don't own the box set but wish to watch the entire series again: CBS.com has all of the episodes. http://www.cbs.com/classics/twin_peaks/video/ - just start on page 7 with episode 1

Quote Originally Posted by G. View Post
    Do not watch the International Version until you've seen the entire series. It does solve the Laura Palmer mystery in a way that somewhat spoils the actual show.
    Dammit! I thought my collection was finally complete! I had no idea about this international versions with alternate mystery solving. Dammit, dammit!

OMG!

I love you, Menju! So much fun to be in on your fun!