Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Twin Peaks

^ that is really interesting. it makes a lot of sense!

I’m finally catching up on all of this after not being able to watch it for some time. I’m 3 episodes from the end and I’m just popping in to say the final Log Lady scene was the single most beautiful, most tragic, and most poignant scene from maybe anything I’ve ever seen. I start weeping just thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Domandapiano View Post
    I’m finally catching up on all of this after not being able to watch it for some time. I’m 3 episodes from the end and I’m just popping in to say the final Log Lady scene was the single most beautiful, most tragic, and most poignant scene from maybe anything I’ve ever seen. I start weeping just thinking about it.
    Yes, I love that scene, and the delivery of it was so touching. It would have been moving on its own, but with the context of her actual death shortly after filming it's completely devastating.

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    I was in my local record store the other day and ran across a double LP for the score for the new series, and decided to pick it up. As a package it's incredibly well put together, 180 gram vinyl, gatefold style. They did a good job with it. Listening for the first time now. Very grim and ponderous so far, atmospheric (naturally). This is the score, not the soundtrack... great background for a Halloween party! Anyway kinda cool. Glad to have it.

Quote Originally Posted by grapefruit_is_winning View Post
    I was in my local record store the other day and ran across a double LP for the score for the new series, and decided to pick it up. As a package it's incredibly well put together, 180 gram vinyl, gatefold style. They did a good job with it. Listening for the first time now. Very grim and ponderous so far, atmospheric (naturally). This is the score, not the soundtrack... great background for a Halloween party! Anyway kinda cool. Glad to have it.
    Is the whole score made up of Angelo Badalamenti compositions?

Quote Originally Posted by grapefruit_is_winning View Post
    Cool! I just bought the vinyl for the soundtrack, not the score, and I adore it. And--bonus points--it's red!

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherNamedErised View Post
    Is the whole score made up of Angelo Badalamenti compositions?
    Not entirely but pretty close.

"American Woman (David Lynch Remix) - Muddy Magnolias
    "Windswept (reprise)" - Johnny Jewel
    "Threnody to the Victims of Hiroshima" - Warsaw National Philharmonic Orchestra/ Witold Rowicki
    "Slow 30s Room" - David Lynch & Dean Hurley
    "Saturday (instrumental)" - Chromatics

Everything else is Badalamenti.

Here are some interesting infos / Q&A from Mark Frost on his involvement in TP3:
    http://www.dugpa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=3935

Well guess what Mimi, WE DID. Octopussy's Avatar
    Is this season over yet? I got bored and stopped watching about 12 episodes in lolololol. I'm mostly just interested in meme material now.

took me a bit of an effort to sit this season through. I liked the Dougie parts, loved the golden shovels, but episode 8 was just too much for me. The two last episodes were better again (especially the one before the last)

I was very moved by the episode in which the Log Lady dies...when she tells her log is turning into gold, that conjures up such a beautiful image in my mind

Have I lost the ability to read English or did you say you loved the Dougie parts @seso?!?!?!!!!

If I had any chance of really loving this season for other reasons, all things Dougie killed any hope of it for me. I couldn't even sit still watching him. He was so slow, so tedious, so incredibly aggravating it made me want to punch DL in the face!

I thought they had a slightly funny quality. Nothing hilarious or something that I would see again (like the first two seasons), but a bit of relief after the confusion and getting used to from the first episodes, I found them to be a light hearted change. I agree with you though that those parts too could have been edited and cut more

Nostalgia

Really cool video