Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Twin Peaks

Quote Originally Posted by menju56 View Post
    I'm loving it! I watched Episode 11 last night. In case other people haven't seen it yet:

I'm finding it very addictive but am limiting myself to one or two episodes a day because I want it to last! Have no idea what's going to happen next, and I like that.
    Glad you're enjoying it! You're at the most exciting part of the series!

Quote Originally Posted by Cairn View Post
    Dammit! I thought my collection was finally complete! I had no idea about this international versions with alternate mystery solving. Dammit, dammit!
    It's totally lame, if that makes you feel any better. It's on the Gold Edition boxset. I mean though, seriously, I had no questions as to why the international pilot bombed.
    'Tis better to bend with the wind than stand tall and be broken. Therein lies hope; therein lies freedom.

I will try to let that information be a balm, but you know I'm gonna have to track its lame ass down at some point.

Oh, of course.
    'Tis better to bend with the wind than stand tall and be broken. Therein lies hope; therein lies freedom.

Lyrical acuity and mum-smarts menju56's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairn View Post
    I love you, Menju! So much fun to be in on your fun!

Quote Originally Posted by G. View Post
    Glad you're enjoying it! You're at the most exciting part of the series!
    I got to the end of that episode and my mouth was open! It's really hotting up. I planned to limit myself to maximum two episodes a day but I am going to have to break that now!

It's okay, I did the same thing. I need to watch it all over again when I have a break with work.

Ima dressing up as The Log Lady for Hallowe'en. That is all.

(it's either that or mad Rimmer from Quarantine)

Quote Originally Posted by menju56 View Post
    I have never seen Twin Peaks. I have been reading about its apparent brilliance for a long time. I am considering treating myself to this:

Blue Velvet and Mulholland Drive are two of my favourite films so I'm familiar with some of Lynch's work. But I've never seen the TV show - so think of this as a Twin Peaks discussion/appreciation thread which I may use to convince myself to get it!
    I am the biggest TP fan in the world! One of my goals is to make it to at least one TP fan convention before I die. I have the gold box edition. Every single episode has been digitally remastered by Lynch and they have the most beautiful, vivid color and sound. Each episode as an introduction by The Log Lady and you can see the huge difference between them and the remastered episodes. Log Lady's intros were not remastered, but I don't know why. There are lots of extras, a documentary of the fan convention and a very, very long interview with Lynch, McLachlan and Madchen Amick. I've watched this show's episodes sooooooooo many times. And BOB is the scariest bad guy I've ever seen in film or television. He's scary because he is not made up to look like a monster...he just looks plain fucking evil.

Please go get it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by plastichusband View Post
    My Twin Peaks appreciation is warped because I watched Fire Walk With Me before the series! Stupid! Don't do that! I would have loved to start the series in order without having known who the killer is all along.
    Yeah, if you watch FWWM before the series, you won't be able to tell your butt from a hole in the ground. You won't know what the hell is going on! Since it's Lynch, you might watch the series, see the movie afterward and STILL not know what the hell is going on.

Kyle McLachlan said he wants to someday continue the show with web episodes, but I don't know if that's actually going to happen. I know TP is one of Lynch's very favorite projects and he says he still feels the pull of Laura Palmer all these years later.

I love Catherine Martell.

On Episode 23 now.

to the loneliest city in the world other pete's Avatar
    YOUR FAULT forumz. You gone and made me.

Delivery 1 of 1
    Not yet dispatched Dispatch Estimate: 4 Feb 2011

Delivery Estimate: 7 Feb 2011 - 9 Feb 2011

It will not be a regret!

The next step after you've watched the whole series and FWWM is to read "The Diary of Laura Palmer", which was written by Lynch's daughter, Jennifer. It is really, really good. Also, there is a diary of Agent Dale Cooper. None of these are in circulation and found on ebay these days. There's an online edition that has both of them in full. After the series has been watched along with FWWM, read the script for FWWM. It really helps shed light on the Philip Jeffries/David Bowie appearance.

http://www.glastonberrygrove.net/texts/

In fact, since I love TP so fucking much (whoever said they like to have TP weekends, I do the same thing, too!!), I'll post a collection of TP-related sites that are incredible.

I remember the Laura Palmer Diary! I never owned it. One of my BFF's did. As obsessed as I was, I never got to finish reading it. If I knew then, I did not recall that Lynch's daughter wrote it. I don't think I knew Coop had a diary.

*sighs* So much to add to my must track down list.

I'm on the last episode now. (Yes, the last two days have been Twin Peaks-filled.)

What am I going to do without it?!