Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Feist

Quote Originally Posted by Laura View Post
    I searched, but didn't see a thread devoted to Feist. Has anybody picked up her new DVD/CD set, Look at What the Light Did Now? Sounds worth checking out, y/n?
    worth checking out, yes. i got it when it came out; it's a very good documentary, a bit meditative at times (or slow-moving, depending on your mood), but it perfectly captures feist's slow rise to prominence, and how involved the tour for the reminder was. i went to one of the shows in november 2008... expertly executed.

also totally worth it for the music videos (especially the first three, which are either too euphoric or too mind-blowing for words, or both), as they have great replay value. i haven't even watched all of the DVD's content, but i will say that the live performance of "secret heart" from the reminder tour is just awesome. (sorry for the lack of articulation, you just have to see it.)

like others in this thread, i'm very much looking forward to metals. it feels like just the right amount of waiting between albums.

it's not meant to be a strife MikeEP's Avatar
    i've been listening to a ton of Feist in anticipation of the new album. absolutely love this performance:

whose wheels are squeaking arsonist samael's Avatar

Good first single I like it

The Drama Queen of Pretentiousness! Ms. Shart O'Nay's Avatar
    Oh me, oh my, this could easily become one of my favorite Feist songs ever. The horns in the end just kill. It's laid back in a sultry way; sing-a-long-able even if it doesn't have the commercial appeal of something like '1234.' Which is fine by me.

it's not meant to be a strife MikeEP's Avatar
    love the song. and from that blog post linked to above, i somehow didn't notice this at all either.

I’ll be honest, in the last couple of weeks out of all the times I’ve looked at the cover art above for Feist‘s fourth album “Metals”, not once did I notice that Leslie Feist herself was hanging out on that tree branch up there until the time of writing this post.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Smooth as silk.. that voice.
    I love the simple backing music.
    Feist is one to put a lot of instruments on a track, usually for the betterment, but this one is really good kinda bare. Drums, base, a little brass ... and Feist.
    "Washing Machiiiiiine" - Kate Bush

They took the gay right out of me. Buelis's Avatar
    I've always found her to be slightly bland but enjoyable. I do quite like the song - it's by no means daring but it's a very nice little tune.

Just got the album, which is a delight. More rich instrumentation, some strings, a children's choir on 1 track. It's kind of 'more of the same' but there's nothing wrong with that, when it comes to Feist

looking for a little hope just owls's Avatar
    I really love the album. I've listened 3 times now (eek). The only song I am not totally in love with is A Commotion, and that's more because I don't feel it fits with the rest of the album. It's fine on it's own, but just seems out of place. My absolute favorites are Caught a Long Wind, The Circle Married the Line, Anti-Pioneer, Undiscovered First, and Cicadas & Gulls, but there's not a bad song on the album. I like it quite a bit more than The Reminder, which I could never get into as a whole for some reason.

I like it but yeah, it's not that different from what she's done before. It's pretty good overall

I'm in love with this album!

I'm a creep I'm a weirdo
    Has anyone seen her live? I'm on the fence about going to see her and wondering if she puts on a good show.

A Commotion = instant love!

Quote Originally Posted by cracked polystyrene man View Post
    Has anyone seen her live? I'm on the fence about going to see her and wondering if she puts on a good show.
    I've seen her twice and am seeing her again in November. She's definitely worth seeing live.