Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Feist

This album =

What kind of fuckery is this? emptytuileries's Avatar
    Although this album has taken a while for me to crack, it really is pretty good. She's taken my favorite elements of her past work and turned the amps up a few notches. She's not going to win over a lot of new fans with Metals, but I'm just glad she gave us songs such as "The Bad in Each Other" and "The Undiscovered First" (how awesome is the build-up and come-down at the end?!).Oh, and I constantly catch myself singing "How Come You Never Go There." It won't get out of my head.

Favorites:
    The Bad in Each Other, How Come You Never Go There, Graveyard, Caught a Long Wind, The Undiscovered First, A Commotion
    Last edited by emptytuileries; 09-28-2011 at 02:03 PM.

whose wheels are squeaking arsonist samael's Avatar
    Graveyard, The Circle Married The Line and Get It Wrong, Get It Right are favourites for now. Waiting for lyrics to appear so I can delve deeper.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    I think the reason the album works so well for me is because of the timing of its release.
    I'm pretty much only listening to the new albums by Tori, St Vincent, Laura Marling, Feist, and Bjork right now, and I get very unique things from each.
    Tori's album gives me my classical fix, St Vincent gives me an angst-like, hypermusical fix. Laura Marling gives me a new-folk fix, Bjork gives me a Bjork fix, and Feist gives me a smooth, hum to the melody, jazz fix.
    It is all very much like a multi-course feast with a palette cleanser at the end.
    "Washing Machiiiiiine" - Kate Bush

streak his blood across my beak PoorMatty's Avatar
    This album feels less immediate than The Reminder, but it's growing on me more with each listen. "The Bad in Each Other," "Graveyard," and "The Circle Married the Line" are my favorites so far.

FYI: If you sign up on her website, you can stream Metals for free.

Listening now and I like

bought the new album today, played half of it a few times already. Right now I'm loving Get It Wrong Get It Right, Bittersweet Melodies and Cicadas And Gulls

is there any difference between the limited edition digipack edition and the regular album ?
    Last edited by seso; 10-01-2011 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seso View Post
    bought the new album today, played half of it a few times already. Right now I'm loving Get It Wrong Get It Right, Bittersweet Melodies and Cicadas And Gulls

is there any difference between the limited edition digipack edition and the regular album ?
    No idea, but I hope it'll have the iTunes bonus tracks "Woe Be" and "Pine Moon".

Quote Originally Posted by seso View Post
    I was wondering about that myself today when I went out to buy it. I ended up buying the jewel case because it was a few bucks cheaper (and I kinda hate digipaks anyway), and the deluxe edition didn't seem to have any bonus tracks. And if it did, they're not listed on the back.

Can anyone illuminate us as to what the difference is, besides the packaging?

in Belgium we only seem to get Pine Moon as an iTunes bonustrack

I only see "Pine Moon" on the US iTunes as well.

it's not meant to be a strife MikeEP's Avatar
    from the interview she did with Pitchfork:
    http://pitchfork.com/features/interviews/8678-feist/

The song "Woe Be" on my advance copy of Metals stands out a little as more of a typical singer-songwriter, Carole King-type track.

LF: I actually took that song off the record and added another one called "The Circle Married the Line" right before they started to churn them out. I didn't feel "Woe Be" pointed back to the rest of the record, and I guess it's true, because you pointed it out as well. It's going to be a B-side so it can speak on its own.
    i just downloaded the US iTunes version which is the way she described: no "Woe Be Me" from the leaked version, but it does have "Pine Moon" which i am loving. this other song "The Circle Married the Line" is really good too! i am bummed there is no Boston show on this tour.
    Last edited by MikeEP; 10-04-2011 at 04:15 PM.

The Drama Queen of Pretentiousness! Ms. Shart O'Nay's Avatar
    Surprised no one's mentioned Comfort Me yet. It's maybe my favorite track on the album! The album on the whole is a bit uneven for me, but maybe I just need more time with it.

Why is this happening to me? beanstew's Avatar
    Having my first listen to Metals right now. Liking what I'm hearing so far.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."