Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Is This Desire?

Quote Originally Posted by spyk_ View Post
    The week before last I went away to the Isles of Scilly. It's a very wild and coastal climate there, and there are plenty of ruins and old bits of castle dotting the coastal paths. At dusk on my last night I wandered up to an old Tudor blockhouse overlooking the other islands and stretch of sea towards Land's End and put 'The Wind' on my iPod. It was fucking incredible. It was like the song was coming out of the scenery. The song will forever be ingrained into that environment for me now.

In fact, I took some pictures while I was up there:

Very beautiful & poetic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Listened to this today twice and was in awe at how amazing, yet such a simple, album this is. PJ is all about space and nuance in her music and this album is a perfect example.
    "The only time I get in that position is when I give birth." - Dorothy Zbornak

Totally obsessed with this album right now. Perfection from top to bottom.

testosterone-laden drunken moogle Spikey's Avatar
    Listening to Catherine is like...

taking a few punches in your testicles. It often brings me to tears.
    Ai, Tolosa e Provensa, e la terra d’Argensa, Besièrs e Carcassei, quo vos vi e quo'us vei!‎

Last week I managed to get hold of ITD? on vinyl, sitting down with it right now. This is without a doubt my favourite album.... of all times.
    Ai, Tolosa e Provensa, e la terra d’Argensa, Besièrs e Carcassei, quo vos vi e quo'us vei!‎

Yowsers-where did you find that?

What did you think of the vinyl version? The mix sounds off to me for most of it and really want them to rerelease it already.

I think in 2013 all the albums were repressed, but Pj cancelled them sadly

I hope one day she'll release a vinyl box set.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaviinj View Post
    Yowsers-where did you find that?
    There is a very large CD/Vinyl fair twice a year in Utrecht, supposedly the largest one in the world. Dont know if that is a valid claim, but I also spotted other rare stuff like the 12" Maxi of Dress at another booth, for example. Ridiculous prizes though (€450 for Dress 12"... yeah, no). I also bought near mint vinyl of Y Kant Tori Read that very same day for €70.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuauhtemoc View Post
    What did you think of the vinyl version? The mix sounds off to me for most of it and really want them to rerelease it already.
    Not sure. I think that Angelene sounds different in a bad way, but Im not entirely sure if I tinkered with the one on my iPod (the one Im used to). Catherine actually sounds better to me, as does Elise. The latter I must say Im not really used to listening to, as I deem the album mix inferior to the single mix. Perhaps Ill run a song-by-song comparison soon.