Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Drawings and doodles

It was sitting on my white desk at work so the shadow around the bottom of the skull was very pronounced. But like I said, I LOVE drawing bones. All the little cracks and such are a challenge to draw!
    You don't have to do everything all by yourself.

another sea-themed sketch from me:

I never thought about love when I thought about home

[ validated ]
    I would totally hang that on my wall. Love, love, love!

Lots of great drawings in this thread already!

secret, is that pastels? colored pencil? I love the way the blue goes from light to dark so evenly... that's tough to do in any medium!

Thanks! I use watercolor pencils for my sketchbook. I just love them! You can build up the color just like with watercolors, but without the waiting time for it to dry. Also you have more latitude with paper since you're not just saturating it with water. Plus it's watercolors when you want, and colored pencil when you want!

So this is several different blues - "blue," "french blue," "prussian blue," with "sea green" overall and a tiny bit of black on the right edge. I penciled it in, then used water and a brush to make it all watercolory, let it dry, and did one more coat of pencil, water and brush. The jellyfish themselves are also watercolor pencil, but I used them just as pencil and didn't go over them with water and a brush.

Haha the whole time I was drawing this I was thinking, "jellyfish.... eewwwww!"

hahahaha, i love watercolor pencils! haven't used them in a long time but i love them

and what's ew about jelly fish? they're awesome! lol
    Last edited by SweetPea; 03-29-2011 at 12:20 AM. Reason: i'm a big dummy who doesn't proof read :s

feeling dark about nuclear:

[ validated ]
    Nice! Your style appeals to me. Definitely keep drawing if you enjoy it. You're talented!

why, thank you. I really do appreciate it. I learned how to draw in college because it was a prerequisite for my photography classes. I was incensed at the time (wondering WHY I was required to take drawing and design), but it's a skill I've loved having ever since then. I never took it much further than the basic Drawing I and II courses, so the things you've seen here are about the limits of my own abilities. It's a good thing about human beings though -- we have a long life span and if we're fortunate, plenty of time to spend on what interests us. So in about thirty years maybe I'll have something amazing to show you that is an independent and artistically brilliant piece of viewing.

Until then, you get to see my sketches.

[ validated ]
    Well, I'm enjoying your sketches! Our limitations can produce amazing results too, even tear down some walls in the process

I think your sketches are quite nice too, it looks like an illustration you'd see in the New Yorker about a very serious article.

Working on a drawing for my new-born nephew Oscar. It's still a work in progress obviously, I've been working on the tree mostly but I was quite pleased with how it turned out so far

post28!

Amazing. Are you working in Photoshop?