Page 55 of 89 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: General fitness - goals, gripes, inspirations. Bring it!

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar
    Zach, thanks for asking. My physician's office called on Friday to schedule my 6 month appointment for blood work due to hypothyroidism. So it could be that I just need the dosage of my medication adjusted.

As for your gripe/goal/inspiration -- you are absolutely off to a great start combining different kinds of exercise to combat weight gain. Taking it one day at a time is the right approach and I'm trying to do the same. I need to lose weight also, but am giving myself a reasonable amount of time to achieve it and am trying to focus on daily accomplishments rather than bemoaning the long hill I have to climb to attain my goal weight.

I've been rather lazy the past month and i'm starting to feel it in my clothing not fitting right. Time to stop feeling fucking sorry for myself and just get shit done.

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    BLARGH. Thanks. I am not a morning person so this will be tricky. I think I will aim for 3x week - Saturday and Sunday mornings and one day during the week. That is bare minimum but will keep my metabolism up!
    Planning ahead and having plenty of healthy snacks/foods available is a MUST. If I didn't have lunch and/or dinner and snacks at the ready, I'd end up eating something stupid from the school cafeteria, like a giant rice krispies treat (seriously) because I was so hungry I didn't even care. We have a fridge at the office, so at a minimum I kept some Lean Cuisines in the freezer so I could at least get something in my stomach before leaving for class.

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    I think I will aim for 3x week - Saturday and Sunday mornings and one day during the week. That is bare minimum but will keep my metabolism up!
    This seems very realistic considering you're working & going to school full time. I wouldn't push it because you've a full plate as it is.

imagine a future and be in it emanate's Avatar
    You may just find yourself gravitating toward working out once you've started grad school. I found that riding my stationary bike a few times a week really helped me clear my mind and keep my stress levels manageable while I was taking classes and working. It was like a big old reset button.

Back on my bike today! I had to mentally wrestle with myself to do it because it's been so hot... but I did it. And I feel great!

However, I weighed myself when I got to work... I've not lost a pound since I gained back almost all I'd lost. 186lbs currently Damnit.
    You don't have to do everything all by yourself.

no run this morning, maybe tonight. It's already 108 with the humidity and i have managed to screw up my back from sleeping on the ground camping last weekend.

I need to get into better shape. Hit the gym more often and eat more sensibly. I've a pretty little carrot dangling in front of me if I drop a certain amount of weight, so I'm not lacking inspiration.

Still broken, still too damn hot and I'm getting annoyed.

I'm a creep I'm a weirdo
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    My gripe/goal/inspiration: I've hit my highest weight ever this year and also found out my cholesterol is high. I need to lose 40-45 pounds to get back to my goal weight. It seems like so much, so I'm just taking it one day at a time and trying not to focus on long-term results. I did exercise 6 out of 7 days this week -- a combo of walking, jogging, swimming, crunches and pushups -- so I'm off to a good start.
    So far my plan is working. I've only exercised 5 days in the last two weeks, but I've really been good about eating. I went to the doctor this morning and have lost 4 lbs since my visit 2 weeks ago. So no gripes today!

I've dug out my trainer's nutrition plan that she made up for me last summer.

Ugh. this sucks. *L*

So, trainers.. they know what's up -lol- Saturday AM to this AM - 6 pounds down, my girly tees aren't snug around the arms. The carb-less fog is still hitting me hard but I'm adjusting.

My hips are still a bit sore but honestly at this point it's onwards because I can't wait any longer. I'm going to the Skyzone tonight for one of those aerobics classes. Cannot wait.

[ validated ]
    WTG Becka!

I'm trying to get back in shape again with consistent exercise and better eating. My exercise bike officially bit the dust last week, so I guess when I need a good cardio fix it's just running for now. I like rotating running with biking because biking is so much better on the knees.
    Last edited by C33; 07-25-2013 at 08:55 PM.

Lost 4.2% body fat... gained 2 lbs.
    You don't have to do everything all by yourself.

Muscle tissue weighs more than fat...
    post28!