Page 95 of 105 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1570

Thread: General fitness - goals, gripes, inspirations. Bring it!

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    Kari, I probably don't have to tell you; it is of vital importance to measure inches as well. Sports can give you slight weight gains as muscles are heavier than fatty tissue.
    Nice to see more people join this thread.
    Oh I know...and I am measuring. I have lost much more in inches than pounds at this point! I'm just like GRRRRRRRRRRRRR....I have a mental goal right now and I am so so so close. I am due to measure and weigh in next Wednesday (I measure once a month), and I have been working super hard fitness wise so hopefully that will bear fruit.

Congrats on your loss!! 4.6 in two weeks is AMAZING. Keep it up!

I've stopped snacking at night. I brush my teeth when the kid goes to bed and I can only drink water till bedtime. My only exception to this is Sunday nights for GoT - that needs snacks and drinks. I've also cut out all non-veggie or fruit carbs for breakfast and lunch with dinner having about 1/2cup of potato or rice. As long as I keep up on eating enough protein and drinking water I am less hangry.

I've been walking at least 5km every day for the past 2 weeks and I'm down just under 5 pounds.

it's not meant to be a strife MikeEP's Avatar
    I'm also still on the Fitness Blender train, been getting 4-5 workouts in a week, even if it's just one or two of the shorter videos combined...looked back in my journal and it says I've been doing it for almost 2 months now straight. Very proud of myself and can't say enough good things about those videos. I'm feeling great and have been trying to just focus on the activity of working out, which I genuinely enjoy when I have my workout playlist pumping, rather than checking for the visible "results" which can be tough as summer/beach season has arrived. There's this Eckhardt Tolle quote I remind myself of constantly: "Do not be concerned with the fruit of your action - just give attention to the action itself. The fruit will come of its own accord." Easier said than done, of course! But helps me keep things in perspective.

That is a great quote! And amazing you have been doing it two months consistently!

I am struggling with a weight plateau right now and I am so frustrated, but as I mentioned to you on Twitter, I fit into a dress I haven't been able to wear in two years. I feel great and I, too, have been consistently doing Fitness Blender 4-5 times a week. I try to do at least 40 minute ones, but some days that is not possible, so I do the short ones. It has made such a difference in how I look and feel, and that is more important than numbers on a scale. Fitness Blender is everything.

Any suggestions for beginner workouts that I can do inside? I live in Georgia/South Carolina and it's hot & humid as fuck so walking around the neighborhood is out.

And by beginner, I mean one burpee or 30 seconds of HIT would do me in. I need to work up to that.

Sure! Here are some easier ones (no HIIT):

This one is 24 minutes and very moderate....though there is no cool down included so make sure you use one of their short cooldown videos at the end.

This is about as easy as Fitness Blender gets!

This one is a little tougher but has a lot of great low impact modifications and its total body.

This is my go-to upper body workout, if you have small weights its an awesome blend of cardio and arms.

Beginner kickboxing.

Remember: you are probably not going to be able to get through every exercise in any video. Go at your own pace, don't try to keep up with Daniel or Kelli at first, since they are in incredible shape. Do what you can and go through harder motions slowly until you get the hang of it.

THANK YOU!

You can also try the 5 day challenge for busy people - they are all under 30 minutes and give low impact modifications for the hard stuff!

it's not meant to be a strife MikeEP's Avatar
    ^ YES, i was just gonna recommend the 5 Day Challenge for Busy People too. that's how i eased myself into Fitness Blender originally last year, and it worked again this year when i was getting back into the routine after winter. just start with the low impact versions and don't get frustrated if even that's hard..it WILL get easier. i really like their 5-day challenges because it's not this overwhelming time commitment (for example, the idea of 90 days with P90X always felt so daunting), it gives you a total body workout over the course of it, and it's a really rewarding feeling when you complete the 5 days which i find really motivating. and you can obviously repeat it once you finish.

also, like i said before, i can't recommend a good workout playlist enough for motivation/inspiration! mine is all fun, really upbeat pop/hip hop stuff...it could basically serve double-duty as a Pride party playlist.

The biggest problems I had at first were balance and coordination - it wasn't so much that the moves were hard, it was getting my body to do it without falling over . I am pleased to say that I am about 75% less clumsy - I don't even remember the last time I fell/tripped/stumbled. This is an accomplishment, as I am a giant klutz.

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeEP View Post
    There's this Eckhardt Tolle quote I remind myself of constantly: "Do not be concerned with the fruit of your action - just give attention to the action itself. The fruit will come of its own accord." Easier said than done, of course! But helps me keep things in perspective.
    Thanks for sharing! Love that!

That is so great about fitting into a dress for the first time in TWO YEARS! Congratulations!!!!!!

I am on a massive weight plateau too. Fuck you weight plateau!!! However, I did just have an updated fitness evaluation, and I have lowered both my blood pressure and my resting heart rate significantly since the beginning of April. I'm choosing to focus on that success for the time being.. until this damn plateau subsides.
    Last edited by grapefruit_is_winning; 06-01-2016 at 04:23 AM.

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JayPeaches View Post
    Any suggestions for beginner workouts that I can do inside? I live in Georgia/South Carolina and it's hot & humid as fuck so walking around the neighborhood is out.

And by beginner, I mean one burpee or 30 seconds of HIT would do me in. I need to work up to that.
    I'd start with these 10;

Single Leg Extension; 15 per side

Torso Twists; 6 reps sideways, 6 reps foreward

Single Leg Twist; 15 per side

Rowing Squat; 20 reps

Sideways Leg Lift; 10 reps per side

Tricep Extension; 20 reps per arm

Push-up and Side Plank; 6 push ups, 3 Side planks per side (this will be heavy at first)

Jacknife; 20 reps

Lunge; 15 per side (you'll need a small elevated object for this

Parallel Stretch; 20, build up to 30

"Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

...and here I am, eating cold custard instead.

Welp time to find an exercise class again.

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Had a rough weekend. Drank too much (family get together - how else can I survive), had more than one piece of cheese, but still stayed well within boundaries of my total allowance. I feared the weigh in, but again; "-1.5kg".

3 weeks in, I'm down a total of 5.9 kilograms. Pants are getting baggy. I'm now turning my walkin-in closet upside down to find old clothes; a glorious feeling!
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    ^ Awesome, congrats!