Page 71 of 72 FirstFirst ... 216169707172 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1072

Thread: unofficial official bitch about your job thread. do it. its healthy.

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar
    ^I talk directly to it now. Mainly focusing on how terrible our Transportation department is. I may start holding up messages at the camera too. Just to see what happens.
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life

In today's installment of What the Actual Hell: This morning I noticed a motorcycle cop in our parking lot, lights flashing, jump off his bike and draw his weapon. From my perspective, it looked like he was pointing it directly into a classroom. In a stunning display of pure idiocy, I went outside to ask (yell at) the cop what the actual fuck he was doing! When I got outside the front door I saw a smallish person on the ground weeping hysterically. Looked female. 2 cop cars roared up, and another motorcycle cop. They've got the person surrounded. Cuffs go on. One of the cop cars zoom to where me and another secretary who joined me are now standing. We get told that we might be getting a call to go on lock down but to disregard because the suspect is now in custody. He, not a female, had run from the cops and headed our way so they put in a call to lock us down. Fantastic. Except we didn't get the call until after the cuffs were on the guy and he would have been in the office before we knew what the fuck was going on. I didn't know if the guy was armed. I don't know what the hell he ran for. That part will be investigated tomorrow as nothing seems to have hit the police blotter about it today.

My blood pressure is through the roof. I've decided I would make a really good dead soldier were I in the military based on my reaction of weapons fucking drawn. Running toward that kind of thing pretty much guarantees death. All this about a week after Run, Hide, Fight training. I guess I was Running to Fight or something.

Insert something clever here iamstilljamiepoo's Avatar
    My job is fine. My workmates, not so much.
    I have one who slurps food and coffee. Loudly.
    It takes all of my energy not to tell him to shut the ever-loving fuck up. It gets so loud some days that I move temporarily.

OH GOD, misophonia. YES. My bosses wife (who I love) chews gum so fucking loud. Like, slurpy chompy chewing that makes me was to scream. I have literally left the room in a rage to avoid screaming at her.
    You don't have to do everything all by yourself.

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Yeah. Food noises. People eating yoghurt and oranges. Drinking whatever. No. My solution is noise cancelling earphones. It cant block the smell of a homemade tuna salad, but at least I dont have ta hear you eat it.
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

My coworker used to sit about 4 feet away from me, opposite my desk, and every afternoon she’d take a peeled orange out of her lunchbox and eat it like a horse. She’d take huge bites out of it like a handfruit and then noisily slurp and chew it. I started taking afternoon bathroom breaks timed with her snack time.

I cannot tolerate food and drink noises. Listening to dogs drinking water, for instance, makes me stabby.

I feel so heard. I can't stand mouth noises - chewing, slurping, dry mouths talking into microphones. CRINGE

Also, typing. Pecking, really. I even do it myself and have to put on earphones not to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    I feel so heard. I can't stand mouth noises - chewing, slurping, dry mouths talking into microphones. CRINGE

Also, typing. Pecking, really. I even do it myself and have to put on earphones not to hear it.
    I don’t mind typing, except when those doing it are pounding da fuk out of the keys. Jesus. Relax.

Quote Originally Posted by iamstilljamiepoo View Post
    My job is fine. My workmates, not so much.
    I have one who slurps food and coffee. Loudly.
    It takes all of my energy not to tell him to shut the ever-loving fuck up. It gets so loud some days that I move temporarily.
    I am in an adjunct at a university. They have all of us in cubicles. One lady brings fucking potato chips everyday to eat! She crunches the hell out of those things. Thank god for headphones!! But if it's between songs I can hear her crunch for a split second. When I pack my lunch I think "what will make the least noise."

I told my boss I was resigning at the end of the school year. Part of me doesn't want to because it tastes like defeat. Cameras, microphones, first one in, last one out, stress related health issues, etc. There's a lot of etc. I got worn out.

But because of the above there's a big part of me that's relieved. Not glad exactly. Maybe that will come later.

Good for you. Sometimes you have to do what's best for you, and I wouldn't categorize that as defeat. Do you want to stay in teaching?

I never was in teaching. I was the person who greets you in the office. I'm the one hand holding the teachers, upper admin, parents, and much more.

While in another interminable meeting about the upcoming school year it occurred to me that none of this mattered to me.

Job Bitch #69

I am in an office of "important people" within my department. And they certainly act as if they are. There is a dude who is literally on conference calls all. day. long. I am across from him. So that means I hear him talk all day long. Okay, fine. Not a lot he can do about it. He has a headset, though, so he paces while he does it. He basically circles around our little section of cubicles. Like, get this dude an office. We are hurting for office space, so they had to figure out who was most "deserving" of offices. Apparently he didn't make the cut. He's very pissy about it, too.

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iamstilljamiepoo View Post
    I don’t mind typing, except when those doing it are pounding da fuk out of the keys. Jesus. Relax.
    Haha- I totally get it. But, some of us just "type with authority", okay?! Swear to god it's just what my fingers do!

The guy that sits across from me got a free sampler of a high-end room odorizer in the mail recently (no not poppers - the actual stuff). And we are not in a super well ventilated place where lots of windows can be opened, and it's freezing outside anyway. He likes to spray the room odorizer all over our little desk island. Not because he thinks it's smelly, but because he thinks it's funny. Annoys the shit out of me. Luckily he found another job and will be gone in 3 weeks.

I go to a completely different room at the other end of the office if halfway through a warm summer day I decide to spray more deodorant on myself, and this shit for brains just sprays fucking perfume all around his desk.