Page 1 of 70 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: unofficial official bitch about your job thread. do it. its healthy.

the reichenbach hero fox in socks's Avatar

Icon15 unofficial official bitch about your job thread. do it. its healthy.

or so i say.

yes i have more bitching, but ill save it so its not a dissertation. misery loves company so GO!

Today, someone asked for my help trouble shooting an application issue they were having. I asked her what OS she was on. "How would I know that?" I asked her what version of IE she was on. "How would I know that?"

We work for a tech company. oy.

a succulent Chinese meal lacuna's Avatar
    today there's a strange smell outside my work that drifts in everytime I open the door. I can't tell if it's sewage, garbage, or dead animal. I don't want to stand outside trying to determine what the fuck it is. I have the A/C cranked because that seems to air out my store, but I don't know, I may just be getting used to it. oh my god it's terrible.

I've been away from home for over 80 hours this past week. That includes driving an hour there and another hour back to home. The OT money is great, but I have worked my fucking ass off for that place. It seems like every day I go in there there is at least half a dozen different things I have to fix. I'm covering half of 2nd and all of my 3rd shift, seeing as the 2nd shift Supervisor was fired a couple of months ago. Boss has promised me (yet again) a raise seeing as "the place would sink without you". He said he put in for it a week ago, I haven't heard word about it yet. If I don't hear anything this week I'm bringing it up to him again. It shouldn't be my job to ask my boss these things, but he never stays in touch with anyone about much of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    Today, someone asked for my help trouble shooting an application issue they were having. I asked her what OS she was on. "How would I know that?" I asked her what version of IE she was on. "How would I know that?"

lmao, why doesn't that surprise me?

Always rocks the Cheeto harder. ChasingTornados's Avatar
    OMG, I'm not gonna get into this.. I can bitch for HOURS

Let's just say my manager is a backstabbing, lying, two-faced cunt who should be hit by a bus.

The shit she pulls is unbelievable. Every day is something else. One of these days i'm gonna kill her with one of the kitchen knives.

Quote Originally Posted by ChasingTornados View Post
    OMG, I'm not gonna get into this.. I can bitch for HOURS

Let's just say my manager is a backstabbing, lying, two-faced cunt who should be hit by a bus.

The shit she pulls is unbelievable. Every day is something else. One of these days i'm gonna kill her with one of the kitchen knives.
    Sometimes I imagine my boss getting trapped in a machine as the molds are closing.

weeaboo artshag unicron insanitykun's Avatar
    I keep getting warned for doing something I am not, and have not been doing! I've told my boss repeatedly that I'm not putting things in front of the fire hose, and someone keeps moving shit there, and he keeps warning me anyway.
    TEN YARDS. tumblr.//etsy. PHOTO. sam branman

the reichenbach hero fox in socks's Avatar
    my favorite managerial thing to do is, instead of dealing with the 1 or 2 individuals causing problems, they institute some ridiculous micro-managerial rules. like one girl keeps leaving 1/2 hr early since she "comes in to do paperwork". so now we have to clear it with mangerial staff before we flex our time. which means for every early meeting i come in for, i need to check with the manager about leaving early, or flexing time or whatever. i never blow off patients to leave early but if im all caught up there is no point in sitting around picking my nose all day. i am waiting for scheduled bathroom breaks. i bet its not far off.

I have an ad due to a newspaper on June 26th. It has not been designed yet. I have plenty of time.

Yesterday, at 10am, my boss said, "Have you done that ad yet? I need it for my meeting with the CEO at 2pm."

ARGH!!!!!!! She always does shit like this - requesting things that are totally fucking un-necessary but which take ridiculous amounts of time and effort of the staff to the detriment of our other more timely projects. The CEO doesn't fucking care about some stupid ad we're running on the 26th of June!!! ARGH ARGH ARGH!

Lucky for her, I misunderstand and designed the wrong ad by 2pm. HAHAHAHA

I quit my job today due to my manager being a massive cunt.

You win! closethreadnowplease

rats live on no evil star Hitherto's Avatar
    I'm a few weeks into a new job where they have not bothered to train me very well. So I'm constantly asking questions, of course, but it feels like my managers are totally exasperated and annoyed with me for not magically knowing all these things that they've never bothered to tell me. I won't even start in on the customers. Ugh, it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    lmao, why doesn't that surprise me?
    I was just wondering if poor miss K is working for my mom. omg.