Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: unofficial official bitch about your job thread. do it. its healthy.

I don't have a huge amount to complain about at the moment which is fairly awesome. I've had 15% worth of pay-rises over the last 12 months and I've learned today that I've just been promoted to "Solutions Architect", which essentially means that I develop and implement IT solutions that are too big or too hard for everybody else in the department. It's exactly what I was doing before but now it's official. Ooooer, isn't that fancy?!

Of course, there's the usual complaints about way too much work and not enough time to do it in. I love it when you get company directors or general managers screaming because the 6-month project they only signed off on last week hasn't been implemented yet. Good times.

Always rocks the Cheeto harder. ChasingTornados's Avatar
    Ok, so I wasn't gonna get into this, but now I am..

In the latest effort to screw me over, my manager hired on of her friends to take the Monday & Tuesday shift. While I am perfectly capable of taking those hours and that was the original plan when the other girl working those hours left. Thing is, I told that girl how my manager was screwing HER over (after manager royally screwing herself over by telling me the girl knew about the situation) she found out and got pissed so I got traded in for one of her buddies. Also, one of the managers has asked me to work over at another place for 5 weeks on Wednesday and Thursday while he's on vacation. I have not worked ONE Wednesday or Thursday in 6 months, but she still told him 'Hmmm, that will be extremely difficult to arrange.. I don't know if that's possible blah blah blah'. Excuse me? If she doesn't agree to let me work there and she doesn't need me at all on those days in the mean time.. Hell, she's dead. Screwing me out of my money like that...

It's so high school.. I think she's basically scared of me taking over her position, since I've been working there for 3+ years and I'm good at my job, even though I don't have time to become a manager anyway and she knows it.. It's all some big power-trip thing and frankly I'm SO over it.

As an added bonus, missy has no people skills (yes, she's a waitress.. I can see the juxtaposition here...) and can't be reasoned with. It's like she's not capable of carrying an intelligent, reasonable conversation. And therefore reduces herself to manipulation and backstabbing. There's just no talking to woman. I have no idea what the fuck is wrong in her head.

Ok, sorry
    Last edited by ChasingTornados; 06-16-2010 at 04:03 AM. Reason: Ok, done. (I forever edit my posts.. I know, it's annoying)

Quote Originally Posted by ChasingTornados View Post
    Ok, so I wasn't gonna get into this, but now I am..

In the latest effort to screw me over, my manager hired on of her friends to take the Monday & Tuesday shift. While I am perfectly capable of taking those hours and that was the original plan when the other girl working those hours left. Thing I told that girl how my manager was screwing HER over, she found out and now I'm on the chopping block so to say, traded in for one of her buddies.

It's so high school..
    Ugh. There's nothing worse than nepotism over seniority and skill.

Can I bitch about my jobhunt in here? I graduated from uni and moved to Vancouver with my boyfriend 6 weeks ago and have been applying all over but can't get a response back from ANYONE! I have a degree and can't get a callback for a janitor position. FML

Jamiieee - Job hunting is a total bitch. I'm sorry it sucks for you. :-(

I took a new job back in January, after the previous company I was at for 7 years closed. This new place sucks balls, and this was absolutely the wrong decision for me to make.

The department I work for is the only one within the entire company that has a ban on music in the office, and headphones. Seriously, no music. It's like living in a lame version of Footloose. There's been a wage freeze for 2.5 years, and even with the reviews I'll be giving my employees shortly, there will be no raises for a 3rd year. This is despite the fact the CFO just sent out a glowing email about our Q1 financials. Yeah, this is going to go over well. We're about 50% understaffed on 3rd shift, and everyone is fraking miserable. Every idea I come up with to help improve morale is shot down, and my boss (and his boss) have no interest in improving the situation. Or letting me improve the situation.

The one upshot to this job is that because I work nights, I've been able to keep my part time teaching gig for the fall and I picked up 2 other teaching jobs for the summer which are mostly in the morning hours. Less sleep, but more teaching and more money at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiieee View Post
    Can I bitch about my jobhunt in here? I graduated from uni and moved to Vancouver with my boyfriend 6 weeks ago and have been applying all over but can't get a response back from ANYONE! I have a degree and can't get a callback for a janitor position. FML
    I live in Vancouver too and I'm also looking for a new job. The one I currently have sucks for many reasons but I can tell you, I feel your pain! Hang in there!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiieee View Post
    I'm in the same boat, in the same city. It's a royal pain in the ass.

Very happy that I even have work, but holy shit it's been hot out this week. 95 degrees Monday, 96 degrees yesterday - and no shortage of humidity. There is not enough sunblock in the world to keep my face from burning up! Luckily, today it should only get into the low 90's. Working outside has a drawback or two.

I've been designing a logo for a church choir. I swear, technology wise, they haven't evolved beyond the clay tablets.
    post28!

Quote Originally Posted by ChasingTornados View Post
    One of these days i'm gonna kill her with one of the kitchen knives.
    You have knives? There are never any in our kitchen because people steal them, so the kitchen lady doesn't leave them in the drawer!

This is probably being read as I write by the dick that sits behind me who's constantly looking over everyone's shoulder! He even checked out how much one guy upstairs earns as he left his contract on his desk when they were given to us. Shithead.

My work has elements that suck, mainly the people. However 3 of my department left half an hour early yesterday (my boss is away) to go and watch SATC2.

My husband handed in his notice yesterday as his work is so crap.

Always rocks the Cheeto harder. ChasingTornados's Avatar
    ^We need to cut steaks We have plenty of huge knives lol

and an awesomely heavy candle stick too. I might use that.

^Ah. Accounts Department here, not so much with the cutting of steak!

Pure gold! That site needs its own thread.

I had a meeting this morning with our IT group about rolling out a new physician ordering system, for which my department is providing branding and graphic support.

It started off like this

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Ass Bitch
    Well, I'll just go ahead and say that I HATE this. In fact, I don't even want to be here. Just make sure you don't associate my name with this thing in ANY way.
    We also developed a couple of "characters" in support of this new initiative and made sure that we had a diverse representation in terms of job disciplines/gender/race. One of the characters is a black doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Ass Bitch
    And you know what else? I don't like that the doctor looks JUST LIKE OBAMA.
    *headdesk*

I have very little understanding of graphic design, but my job requires me to do some text edits in InDesign. Easy, right? Wrong. Our graphics dude is extremely threated by my knowledge (lack of!) of InDesign and absolutely refuses to release files to me without stomping and throwing a fit and being told by an owner of the company that he has to do it.

We are in separate buildings, separate networks, so I can't just grab the file from whatever drive. Even when he was here, he kept all those things on his personal hard drive, so no one else could ever see/touch them. He claims breaking and re-linking 50-90 graphic files would take him four to five times longer than picking up 40 or so pages of extensive redlines. I'm an extremely fast processer, and it took me four hours to process the redlines. Does it really take twenty hours to break and re-link 50-90 graphic files? I doubt it, but because I don't know, I can't call him on it. I'm starting to think certain things aren't as complicated as he has led some of us to believe, and I just have to take the time to learn InDesign to prove that, I guess.