Page 145 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 2170

Thread: The All-Inclusive Madonna Thread

I wonder if the movie will include a soundtrack and if she will record new music for it. It would be great if she could combine her love of directing with new music.

I really like Rebel Heart too. I think it's a very underrated album. But I think at this point in her career, since that she has made so many albums, it's going to be hard to get people's attention with another contemporary pop, dance, R&B album no matter how good it is. I don't think it's her so called bad press because lots of younger artists get bad press yet their albums do well. A lot of people will be just say oh, another Madonna album. Boring, I already have so many albums of hers.

I think the only way to get attention is to do something totally different, some kind of concept album. Maybe a covers album, a rock album,an acoustic album or an orchestral album. I know it sounds gimmicky, but I think if she wants to get people's attention outside of her fan base, that is really the only way to go.

But maybe she doesn't want to get wider attention and is just happy with the fans she has, and will continue making pop albums.

I loved the charity performance. I think it would be nice if she did a tour like that, without so many dancers, doing the songs closer to the original versions.
    People have suggested she do an acoustic tour of ballads. But I would find that boring. I would still want to hear her uptempo dance stuff, but maybe in a simpler more spontaneous way.

Rebel Heart is my second favourite album of hers, surpassed only by Ray of Light.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    I keep reading how Madonna's 58... But I remember her being a year younger than a family member who's about to be 61. Did I do the math wrong decades ago? Or is she shaving years off? I can totally see me getting the math wrong or getting confused over the years, but so many people shave a year or two off here and there so subtly that other people wouldn't notice that I didn't know if she did too. Not that it matters exactly but it's bugging me not knowing if I'm losing my mind.

eta: then I immediately saw she's 59. So I'm not losing my mind and someone else has the wrong age out there.

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Thanks for sharing! Great article. Really cool that they did that. Just wish they had reviewed American Life!!

EDIT: These reviews are AWESOME!
    Last edited by grapefruit_is_winning; 08-17-2017 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grapefruit_is_winning View Post
    Thanks for sharing! Great article. Really cool that they did that. Just wish they had reviewed American Life!!

EDIT: These reviews are AWESOME!
    Except for where they bash Bedtime Story, which is one of her best songs (and videos!) ever, IMHO.

Agreed!

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    I've had an on again, off again love affair with that song. I certainly don't think it was in any way embarrassing, but I do think it can be a little boring.