Page 1 of 145 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: The All-Inclusive Madonna Thread

Thumbs up The All-Inclusive Madonna Thread

For all things the Queen of Pop.

A new book about Edgar Bronfman and Warner Music has some details about what went down behind the scenes in the negotiations to buy Maverick from Madonna: http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/20...deal_book.html

Parts of that story seem a little ridiculous, but I wonder how much Warner messing with Madonna over Maverick led to her decision to leave for LiveNation, and how much that battle (combined with the American Life sales failure) contributed to the less-than-stellar promotion for Confessions in the US.

You are what you wear. Corey Haim's Avatar
    It basically comes down to that word: love. I guess that's what it's all about.

Bloop Bloop! Lord Rask of Trevdale's Avatar
    LOL^ I totally thought that article said Madonna has been constantly reinventing herself for the past 50 years. I was all "oh girl! She's gon' be pissed!"

-Jacob.

I guess it's almost always okay to get beat out by Elvis.

One of Lourdes's first magazine covers (above), and one of her most recent (below). God, I feel so old...it's like yesterday that she was born!

http://boyculture.typepad.com/boy_cu...ss-of-pop.html

does anyone else feel like her next album may be the last time she can actually come up with something major before becoming a has-been? I kind of hope she won't be crotch-shocking everyone with the next one. I mean, what's the damn need? She's got enough talent to focus on the damn music, no?

I hope she won't be "crotch-shocking" everyone next time around as well, but mainly because she's been doing it for the last two albums, did it much better earlier in her career, and it makes her seem a little desperate for attention. She's got an amazing body, but it'd still look great in a pair of pants. I think the next album will determine a lot about the rest of Madonna's career at least in terms of new music, because we'll see how well LiveNation promotes her and also if she's willing to do more to promote the albums with her new contract structure or if she'll just tour to support it. I think if Madonna chases after trends the way it seemed like she was doing with Hard Candy, her new material will not be taken seriously, so I think she needs to work with fresh, new producers and come up with something that's musically innovative and hopefully a little stronger lyrically than HC was as well.

Personally, Madonna's lyrics have always been a hit or miss with me throughout albums. Confessions has some really lazy lyrics, American Life as well, although they're both stellar records. Hard Candy has it's share of poopydoops but it's got some real treats too like Voices, Devil, Give it to Me, Dance 2Nite (kidding of course...). Let's just hope she forget's about rhymes in -ing. "This penetrating vaginating is conflating my enduring dingaling"... ugh

i'm basically hoping that she'll take inspiration from her divorce from guy, her experiences directing W.E., the blow-up of lady gaga, and her time away from making music and being in the studio. i know that she misses it and will crave that time creating and collaborating with other musicians/singers/artists.

Quote Originally Posted by Homogenik View Post
    Hard Candy has it's share of poopydoops but it's got some real treats too like... Dance 2Nite (kidding of course...)
    hater!

actually I love Dance tonight, I think it's one of HC's best songs, but I must say SOME of the lyrics are not so good. The whole I love dancing and I feel good thing makes me kind of oozy although I understand what it means to her.

i wonder if she'll gravitate more towards those dance-oriented lyrics on the next album or be more introspective. or maybe introspective lyrics about dancing?

^I hope she's more introspective lyrically over some great dance beats. It'd be nice to get a proper ballad or two again, she's great at singing them and they've been some of her biggest hits and best songs in the past, so it's odd that she's refused to do any on the last 2 albums.

^ i agree with everything you said. an amazing ballad would be nice and it'd be awesome if it became her biggest #1 hit, much like take a bow.

Quote Originally Posted by cold pressed olives View Post
    or maybe introspective lyrics about dancing?
    yeah cause we know how great she covers that terrain.

I think the reason we had no ballads in years is not surprising: she wants to show how much energy she's got like the grandma on some tv show I forgot, and who is like doing too much. You can be old and sing a ballad and not be a silly has-been, but she probably doesn't know that...