Page 144 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144
Results 2,146 to 2,154 of 2154

Thread: The All-Inclusive Madonna Thread

I'm surprised there haven't been talks about a new album. I don't even think she's recording one.
    It's been a long time and I'm ready for some new music.

Hurt people hurt people too toriMODE's Avatar
    Seems like yesterday that Rebel Heart was released. I think Madonna deserves a break. She tours like a maniac.

She's in movie-making mode right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post
    She's in movie-making mode right now.
    literally just said "hoo boy" out loud at that

She'll be directing an adaptation of The Impossible Lives of Greta Wells.

I don't know much about the book, but it's described as "a rapturously romantic story of a woman who finds herself transported to the 'other lives' she might have lived."

It actually sounds suspiciously like W.E...
    Living in my own personal Cornwall bubble

Good Lord, is she still insisting with the movies? I thought she had given up with that. Oh well.
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

There has been no update on Greta Wells in quite some time, so who knows if it will happen and where that is at. It's based on an acclaimed novel, which is promising--meaning at least Madonna didn't write it from scratch herself, like W.E. I actually imagine she could be a solid director despite her less-than-stellar track record.

Also, I loved Rebel Heart but think it's best that she take her time on the follow-up. Most press on Madonna is negative these days--probably not the best time for her to drop an album.

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    She might feel pretty burned by the whole Rebel Heart experience. The leaks, disappointing sales, feeling a need to use different versions than were originally planned.... I tend to believe she felt very inspired writing the album and thought it might be a latter days career highlight, but it really didn't end up that way.

Quote Originally Posted by grapefruit_is_winning View Post
    She might feel pretty burned by the whole Rebel Heart experience. The leaks, disappointing sales, feeling a need to use different versions than were originally planned.... I tend to believe she felt very inspired writing the album and thought it might be a latter days career highlight, but it really didn't end up that way.
    That's a fair point, definitely, and I'm inclined to agree. I feel the potential for something truly special was there, and it is a good album compared to MDNA and Hard Candy, but some of the songs definitely sound like they were altered in a way that didn't serve them.