Page 2 of 146 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: The All-Inclusive Madonna Thread

What kind of fuckery is this? emptytuileries's Avatar
    Madonna truly has only a few more years to grind around in leotards without it being too desperate. And I hate even saying that, but the last album to really capture my interest 100% was American Life. I still want her to have fun, but enough of trying to prove that she's still the dancehall queen. We know.

You are what you wear. Corey Haim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Homogenik View Post
    yeah cause we know how great she covers that terrain.
    i wasn't being too serious...

oh, and this cracked me up:

http://madonnascrapbook.blogspot.com...d-casares.html

Madonna's ex-husband, Ingrid Casares, gives us a little insight on Madonna's feelings of Lady Gaga Goober via her Twitter Page...

"is that the video where she thinks she is me"? - Madonna's dismissive attitude on Wanna-be Goober's Alejandro. Haha!!! That's our girl.

When doesn't Joanne "Lady Gaga" Goober think she's you, Madonna?

Gives an entirely new meaning to Hung Up.
    It basically comes down to that word: love. I guess that's what it's all about.

[ validated ]
    ^

Here's a random video I recently stumbled upon: Madonna on Good Morning America promoting Truth or Dare. The interviewer was kind of a jerk, but it's a good interview. She's so sharp.

I'm a huge Madonna fan, but I agree with a lot of the comments on here. I have gotten bored with her direction in recent years. But I'm not really sure what direction she should go in in the future. I guess maybe she doesn't know either!
    I'm getting tired of just dance music. I would like her to do more introspective thoughtful lyrics but I'm not sure they go with dance music. Dance music is supposed to fun and about having a good time. I think maybe she should experiment with something less electronic and more of a band sound.
    It's hard for an established artist because if you do something too different, either you look ridiculous and people don't accept you or if you do the same thing, people say you are repeating yourself. So it's hard for her to know what to do.
    I like her ballads and wish she would record some. But I don't think she should do an album of just ballads. I like her energy live and wouldn't want her to lose that completely.
    I am tired of the leotards and revealing costumes, but not because of her age. To me, there are too many female singers who just show off their bodies regardless of age without revealing their soul. It's so boring and cliched. Madonna is obviously intelligent. I'd like to see her offer more of that and not so much based on her physical appearance. She's very attractive, but I want to see more than that. Too much of the Hard Candy era was like I look great for my age and have a great body and am in great shape. I was like ok, that's great, but what else do you have to offer me?

You are what you wear. Corey Haim's Avatar
    It basically comes down to that word: love. I guess that's what it's all about.

burning up the bible BettahDevil's Avatar
    Oh my! I can't believe Gaga re-did the outfit for that Hung Up performance! Now that's a little much..

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    I just listened to the song American Life for the first time in years. Ugh, it's so awful to my ears. I have always collected Madonna since I was a kid. I don't have everything, but I have all the non-compilation albums, and most of the compilation ones. I just did not like Hard Candy, Confessions, Music, or American Life. Most of them did have a song or two that I do love (I could listen to Sorry all day long), but the rest of the albums blow to me. But I think that's kinda how she always was. Her albums always had a lot of filler. Except that years ago the filler was better than the current filler and/or that there were less of them then.

I think that the last 4 albums were her just trying too hard. She doesn't have to go all matronly now that she's in her 50s, but Ray of Light was a great balance of not-embarrassing-herself AND great music.

[ validated ]
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    I just did not like Hard Candy, Confessions, Music, or American Life. Most of them did have a song or two that I do love (I could listen to Sorry all day long), but the rest of the albums blow to me. But I think that's kinda how she always was. Her albums always had a lot of filler. Except that years ago the filler was better than the current filler and/or that there were less of them then.

I think that the last 4 albums were her just trying too hard. She doesn't have to go all matronly now that she's in her 50s, but Ray of Light was a great balance of not-embarrassing-herself AND great music.
    Different strokes

There are a few songs, mainly on Hard Candy & Music, that I rarely or never listen to, but I feel like her albums are much more solid from Ray of Light onwards.

I'm glad she's taking a break from music, though. There's a lot changing in the world right now, and as far as popular music is concerned, the Gaga dust needs to settle. The last two records brought everything full circle and I don't think the next one will be a continuation of that theme. At least, not exactly. Madonna needs something to rage against, and time is one of her biggest adversaries.
    Last edited by C33; 06-25-2010 at 12:19 AM.

well, we know M has plenty of options. i think HC was her attempt at reproducing her old 80's sound in our current pop format, and i don't think it was that successful. Confessions, on the other hand, i think is one of her best albums EVER. going forward, she definately needs to switch it up in ordert o save her music career. i would love to see her come out with an album that blows everyone away - critics and fans alike. i too would be really excited for more of a band sound - a la Like A Prayer. but definately not this faux rocker chick sound she's been doing live. if she goes electronic, she still has plenty of options. electronic music doesn't have to beat heavy or dance oriented - like Tori's To Venus & Back album - perfect example. and even still, if she did produce more dance music, it doesn't have to be only about having a good time in the club. there are plenty of dance songs about heartache and misery. those songs may have a strong dance beat, but the other elements of the song can really give it more of a serious feel.

it all depends on how much effort she puts into it.
    if it could freeze, my heart wouldn't float away

American Life is one of my favorite Madonna records! I genuinely like every track on it. On pretty much every other album there is at least 1 song, i'm not crazy about.. with the exception of Like A Prayer.

I love American Life, Music and Confessions, but HC is almost unlistenable to me. It was actually a shock to me since I've enjoyed all of her albums, but HC is the first one I just totally hated with the exception of one or two songs. I guess a lot of it had to do with the problems she was going through at the time with her divorce. By her own admission, she wasn't focusing on her music.
    When doing music, I don't think there is such a thing as trying too hard. The problem with HC was she really didn't seem to be putting much effort into it and thought it would do just because she was an icon. The music business isn't like that anymore. She definitely needs to put her whole soul, brain and heart into the next record.
    I think she can stay electronic, but not as club oriented. Maybe more of a down tempo trip hop sound.
    But I think using live instruments would be interesting because it's something she hasn't done in awhile. She has down downtempo electronic things on Music and AL. But she definitely should not do the typical "rawk" thing and nothing too hard or heavy. That's as much a cliche as partying disco music.

Lyrical acuity and mum-smarts menju56's Avatar
    Madonna last night

^looks like she lost her feet on the way.

I like the outfit. Reminds me of the Blond Ambition era. Her facial expression combined with the missing feet/outfit, make her seem kinda wonky. Funny picture.

The Good Book is missing some pages Maeve's Avatar
    I'm all for a new ballad next time but I like her disco-maniac side.
    HC is not her best effort in that way... honestly I hope for something more like Music, maybe with a LAP touch in it.

Is it right, butterfly, they like you better framed and dried?