Page 3 of 145 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The All-Inclusive Madonna Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Maeve View Post
    I'm all for a new ballad next time but I like her disco-maniac side.
    HC is not her best effort in that way... honestly I hope for something more like Music, maybe with a LAP touch in it.
    She certainly did not get the best out of Timbaland and Pharell (sp?)....although I can certainly listen to it.....it just could have been so much more.

Wow, she looks quite lovely! Her face looks the most natural it's looked since Evita.

Quote Originally Posted by Glindathegood View Post
    The problem with HC was she really didn't seem to be putting much effort into it
    I always assumed HC was made to fulfill her contract obligation to Warner before moving on. I wasn't surprised that it turned out less than stellar.
    if it could freeze, my heart wouldn't float away

[ validated ]
    I think Confessions & Hard Candy are both great albums. I wouldn't have minded another Madonna & Stuart Price collab, though.

She certainly did not get the best out of Timbaland and Pharell
    I think she got what she wanted out of them. Pharrell's influence is probably the strongest, but I like that it doesn't sound distinctively like something Pharrell or Timbaland would produce. I think she stays pretty involved in the whole process.

I like the sound of HC --although I remember being pretty jarred by my first listen of Candy Shop-- it's harsh and has an old-school sensibility to it. The only song I can't tolerate to listen to is Incredible.
    Last edited by C33; 06-26-2010 at 03:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by theswirlgirl View Post
    She certainly did not get the best out of Timbaland and Pharell (sp?)....although I can certainly listen to it.....it just could have been so much more.
    I agree she didn't get the best out of them. I know they are hated among some Madonna fans who dislike hip hop, but I think Timbaland and Pharell have done some very inventive work in the past with other artists. I really like the song Rehab Timbaland did with Rihanna. Nothing on HC is as good as that. I think maybe T. and P. work with so many artists that just after awhile have run out of good ideas.
    To me, HC sounds just like their other work but not as good. I don't hear much of Madonna's influence. She said in an interview she wanted to blend her sound and theirs and not make the typical record they usually make. But I didn't hear much Madonna on the album. To me it was the very typical T. and P. sound.
    Maybe Madonna just didn't get along with them that well. I remember seeing an interview with her and Timbaland and it just seemed awkward, like they didn't like each other much.

The Good Book is missing some pages Maeve's Avatar
    ^ I wonder how she feels reading all the comments of people that reach her blog just to say "I'm a Madonna fan."
    I think I'd find it annoying if it were me.

And, by the way, it's a bit sad not to have a Madonna subforum anymore

Is it right, butterfly, they like you better framed and dried?

Lourdes Leon has a blog!

This surely should be merged somewhere. I'm surprised there's no Madonna thread OR forum! PEOPLE!!!

Anyhoo... Apparently, Lourdes started a clothing line called Material Girl. She's also started a blog on the page and it makes me feel incredibly old:

Meet Lola

Helluuur thurrrr, Iím Lola and this is my first blog entry so itís kind of like ummmmÖ.

Iím just going to use this blog entry to tell yíall a little bit about myself. Iím 13 and Iíll be 14 in October, so I canít wait for that because I am FINALLY allowed to dye my hairÖ THANK YOU MOTHER!! My favvvv color is black (just because it goes with everything) and my least favorite color is brown (because it resembles the color of something QUITE gross).

I am totally obsessivo about 80ís shortsÖ You know the kind that makes your butt look kinda big, with a grunge-looking shirt tucked in. Itís kinda nerdy but I love it. And the 80ís are another huge obsession of mine, which is totally amazingly awesome because Material GirlÖHELLO! Itís like 80ís themed, which pretty much rocks, so yeah. Iím still in love with brogues or as some people call them ďoxford shoesĒ. I havenít found a good sandal so Iím on like a search right now.

Iím in London right now and the best stores ever here,I love the vintage stores down in Whitechapel, also a lot of hot guys hang there just in case yíall care. Music wise My Chemical Romance is THE BEST BAND EVER for realzzzz. They are so awesome it hurts. If you donít know who they are justÖ go away OR download their songs.

So, as you may know, Material Girl is coming out soonÖ HOLLA HOLLA! Ok and this is pretty awesome I will send a FREE t-shirt to the first person who can tell me in which big store the opening of Material Girl isÖ.how cool rigghhhhhht???Annnnnnd I am 4 realz excited for the opening which I will give you the exact dates for in my next blog entry, so stay tuned for more.

So I want to know what you guys think about rompersÖ is that like a hit or miss, Ďcause Iím not sure. If you comment, be sure to tell me what you think.

OK but no joke gladiator sandals are OUT. They came out in summer 2008 and I was like, ok those are really cute. Then 2009 comes around and people are still wearing them so Iím like, ok whatever itís just a phase. BUT NOOOOO. Because good old 2010 is now coming along and people are STILL wearing them, and then I was just like OK NO! Itís been three years people COME ON!!!!!!!!! Iím just like what????

Ok so I think that is sufficient for my first blog entry and what do you know, it wasnít all like ďummmmmĒ. I look forward to writing my second one. Stay tuned if you donít already think Iím annoying.

XO Lola
    So she's no Pulitzer Prize winner, but she sounds like a pretty typical overexcited 14 year old; albeit an especially entitled one.

(I wonder, will Tash eventually put out a line of body suits and aprons?)
    chillin in kyoto grand with my man Skrill

Lyrical acuity and mum-smarts menju56's Avatar
    I liked reading that.

Here's the Madonna thread: http://www.unforumzed.com/showthread...Madonna-Thread

no way, brown is my favorite colo(u)r.

whose wheels are squeaking arsonist samael's Avatar
    If you don’t know who they are just… go away OR download their songs.
    Going, going, gone.

You are what you wear. Corey Haim's Avatar
    It basically comes down to that word: love. I guess that's what it's all about.

Here's the whole EPK.

I like this:

Madonna: 'I Am A Typical Mother'

Madonna is adamant she is a 'typical mother' when it comes to dealing with her daughter Lourdes - she's constantly telling the teenager to wear longer skirts and less make-up.
    The Material Girl admits she liked to shock with her fashion choices in her youth, but she will never let her 13 year old attend school wearing high-heeled shoes or revealing outfits.
    She says, 'I usually tell her to take off her three-inch or six-inch platforms and pull her skirt down just a little bit and take off some of the black eye make-up around her eyes.'
    'She does have amazing style, but I am the typical mother where I say, 'Oh my God, you can't go to school dressed like that'.'
    'I always have two reactions when Lola comes into my room with an outfit on. One is, 'Oh my God, she looks amazing, what incredible style.' And then my second reaction is, 'She's dressed completely inappropriately for school'. So I have to, like, think with two brains.'

From contactmusic.com
    http://madonnalicious.typepad.com/madonnalicious/
    if it could freeze, my heart wouldn't float away

New D&G Shoot: