Page 93 of 145 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 2169

Thread: The All-Inclusive Madonna Thread

The nemesis? I must be missing something.

I'm pretty sure he said "Killdren". Stone's Avatar
    I think she looks killer.

http://www.epixhd.com/madonna-the-mdna-tour/

MDNA Tour To Premiere On Epix June 22
    Premium network EPIX will premiere Madonna's MDNA tour - an EPIX Original Concert Event - on June 22 at 8:00 pm ET. One of the most spectacular and controversial extravaganzas of 2012, Madonna: the MDNA Tour was filmed primarily in Miami as well as other locations. The MDNA Tour was the most successful and highest grossing tour of 2012 and was seen by over 2.2 million Madonna fans during the course of the 88 sold-out shows around the globe. The concert includes performances of several of her biggest hits including "Vogue", "Like A Prayer" and "Hung Up." She also performs songs from her MDNA album including "Give Me All Your Luvin'," "Girl Gone Wild", "Gang Bang" and "Turn Up the Radio." The album debuted at No.1 in over 30 countries. Madonna, along with her seven member band, outstanding troupe of 27 dancers (all clothed in 1500 costumes) and state of the art visuals and sound electrified crowds around internationally with what the Material Girl termed "the hardest but most thrilling and challenging show I've ever done."
    "My show is a journey... the journey of a soul from darkness to light. It is part cinematic musical theatre - part spectacle and sometimes intimate performance art. It is journey from anger to love and from chaos to order. There are good guys and bad guys to help illustrate this point. Sometimes I play both. It must be watched with an open heart from beginning to end. I am sure if it is viewed this way, you will walk away feeling inspired, invigorated and will want to make the world a better place." concluded Madonna in describing the show's intent.
    EPIX CEO and President Mark Greenberg commented, "Madonna's stunning musical performance and show-stopping moves continue to prove that she is truly a timeless entertainer. We launched the EPIX network with Madonna's previous tour, Sticky and Sweet, premiering the concert the first night that EPIX was on air. We are very excited to have her back on the network."
    The MDNA Show was directed by Danny Tull and Stephane Sennour. Tull has worked with Madonna editing previous shows and her feature film W.E.

From the Guardian:
    Madonna sells Fernand Léger painting to raise money for girls' education

Sotheby's announces auction of Cubist work to support projects in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Madonna is to sell a Fernand Léger Cubist painting to help raise money for girls' education projects in countries including Afghanistan and Pakistan, the auction house Sotheby's has announced.

The singer, a keen collector who owns works by Frida Kahlo and Tamara de Lempicka, bought Léger's Trois Femmes à la Table Rouge in 1990. It will be sold in New York on 7 May with an estimate of $5m-$7m (£3.3m-£4.6m) and all proceeds are to benefit the Ray of Light Foundation.

Madonna said she wanted to "trade something valuable for something invaluable". She said: "I have a great passion for art and a great passion for education. In conjunction with Sotheby's, I would like to share these two passions.

"I have chosen to auction this painting called Three Women by Fernand Léger and donate all the proceeds to support girls' educational projects in Afghanistan, Pakistan and other countries where female education is rare or nonexistent.

"I cannot accept a world where women or girls are wounded, shot or killed for either going to school or teaching in girls' schools. We don't have time to be complacent."

The work, painted in 1921, is part of Léger's Mechanical Elements series, examples of which are in institutions such as the Dallas Museum of Art and the Beyeler Foundation in Switzerland.

It will be shown at Sotheby's headquarters in London between 12-16 April before heading back to New York for the sale.
    Painting sold at auction for approx. USD 7 million with all proceeds going to the ray of light foundation apparently!
    Von Herzen möge es wieder zu Herzen gehn'

wow!

Madonna won 3 awards tonight at the Billboard Music Awards and received the Touring award live :

She looks gorg at the Billboard Awards. And love her MET Gala look.

Banned

And...

What I wouldn't give to overhear those conversations!

Madonna has really been hitting all the right marks at these events! Equal parts fashionable and hilarious.

And the MDNA trailer doesn't look half bad either.

You are what you wear. Corey Haim's Avatar
    the BMA look is incredible...i prefer it over the met gala look.
    It basically comes down to that word: love. I guess that's what it's all about.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey Haim View Post
    the BMA look is incredible...i prefer it over the met gala look.
    Me too.
    And the Celine photo is priceless.

Can I just say that I can't stand Celine Dion?

pummelled gall-nuts afloat in urine
    It'd a pretty banal thing to say, considering that most people can't.