Page 119 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119
Results 1,771 to 1,782 of 1782

Thread: News and Other Nonsense

And then there's

The King of the Ferret Leggers

What kind of person sticks a ferret down his pants for more than five consecutive hours? Our writer tried to find out.

Mr. Reg Mellor, the "king of ferret legging," paced across his tiny Yorkshire miner's cottage as he explained the rules of the English sport that he has come to dominate rather late in life. "Ay lad," said the 72-year-old champion, "no jockstraps allowed. No underpants—nothin' whatever. And it's no good with tight trousers, mind ye. Little bah-stards have to be able to move around inside there from ankle to ankle."

Some 11 years ago I first heard of the strange pastime called ferret legging, and for a decade since then I have sought a publication possessed of sufficient intelligence and vision to allow me to travel to northern England in search of the fabled players of the game.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    I don't think is quite news but it's definitely other nonsense.

The lunch in question was shrimp fried rice which means this escalates from a misdemeanor to felony no doubt

Case facts:
    Lunch was in fridge for less than an hour before it vanished. No shrimp smell remnants in the microwave or kitchen area. This was a professional hit no doubt

HOLY SHIT. He’s back. He watched the tape. He knows who did it.

So the man who’s lunch was stolen sits across from me. The person who stole his lunch sits RIGHT NEXT TO ME! She left for the day before the investigation started

According to the video, this psychopath DIDNT EVEN EAT THE FOOD. She took it out of the fridge and threw and buried it in the trash

Her motives remain completely unknown. In lieu of what he saw on the tape he has decided to not to press the matter anymore. I can’t say I blame him. We don’t know what this women’s fully capable of

[19 hours later...]

Points to clarify: he bought the shrimp fried rice around 11:30am (carry out) and put it in the fridge to chill until he takes lunch at noon. So she had exactly a 30min window of time to do what she did. There was no intention of microwaving the food

Update: Ok so when dude watched the video with HR they asked “what do you want to do about it?” he told them he was solely interested in who did it and that he didn’t want to be responsible for someone getting fired

After charges were dropped, HR sent a company wide email about not stealing people’s lunches. She is scheduled to arrive at work in 20min. My blood is on cocaine

She has walked into the room. And the room is dead silent. Dead fucking silent yet there is a palpable explosive energy pulsing through everyone but her

From the moment she walked in, I’ve just been staring at her. Watched her open her email and now she clicked on the goddamn HR email! Holy fuck strap in - here we go!

I can’t move. I simply cannot move, anything could happen right now

!!!! After seeing the HR email she says out loud “woah. Someone stole a lunch? Who would do something like that?” !!! I may have to run out of this room

After she said that, shrimp guy responds “well yea it’s not ok to throw someone’s food away” we’re all about to start screaming

This shits about to get crazier. After he says that she goes “oh it was your lunch?” BEAT she continues “well why would you go to HR about that?!”

She has simultaneously denied her involvement AND called the guy who saved her job a snitch!!!!!!!!!

Dude just sighed and went back to work after she said what she said. She looks frightwningly calm

I’ll keep updating if anything else occurs but all I can say is that EVERYONE in the office from the janitor to the founder knows what she did. She now carries an invisible scarlet letter
    Office lunch drama is the WORST. Don't fuck with people's food.

^Those two deserve eachother.

Quote Originally Posted by pb View Post
    ^Those two deserve eachother.
    Which two? Why?

Never sleeping again.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

This poor guy

Anyone else invested in this poor raccoon's odyssey?

Stuck on the building next door for 2 days without food or water, gets shooed off and flees up another building.

Last edited by fluteoftheloon; 06-12-2018 at 10:53 PM.

He made it to the top and he's been rescued!

Raccoon triumphs over skyscraper in a climb that captivated the internet, celebrates with cat food

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.6a29f15c1220

Lions eat 'rhino poachers' on South African game reserve
    At least two suspected rhino poachers have been mauled to death and eaten by lions on a South African game reserve, officials say.

Rangers discovered the remains of two, possibly three, people in a lion enclosure in the Sibuya reserve, near the south-east town of Kenton-on-Sea.

A high-powered rifle and an axe were also found.

There has been an rise in poaching in Africa in recent years, to feed growing demand for rhino horn in parts of Asia.

In China, Vietnam and elsewhere, rhino horn is believed to have aphrodisiac qualities.

Sibuya reserve owner Nick Fox said in a statement on the reserve's Facebook page that the suspected poachers entered the reserve late on Sunday night or early on Monday morning.

"They strayed into a pride of lions - it's a big pride so they didn't have too much time," Mr Fox told AFP news agency.

"We're not sure how many there were - there's not much left of them."
    Good to see nature dishing out some karmic justice.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

Kids, this is why if you're an international war-mongerer, you should keep a low key presence online

This is amazing. It took a turn I wasn't expecting and was worth reading. From what I can gather, it's 100% real.

first image

Spiders blamed after broken siren played creepy nursery rhymes randomly at night to UK townsfolk
    Floating in on the wind, yet again, the sound of It's Raining, It's Pouring being sung by a child on the creepiest siren in Britain. The Ipswich Star reports on what one local described as "something from a horror movie." I've embedded a recording made by one alarmed local at the top of this post so you know what they were hearing.

A tormented mother living in Bramford Road with her two young children has been woken on an almost nightly basis by a tinny, distant rendition of ‘It’s Raining, It’s Pouring’. She said the threatening undertone of the song had left her frightened and questioning whether she was imagining things. After months of torment, she finally reported the unusual complaint to Ipswich Borough Council.

The next time it happened, they scrambled workers to her address and she helped them track down the unnerving music to a loudspeaker installed at "an industrial premises on the neighbouring Farthing Road estate [business park]." The council subsequently issued a press statement, which follows.

“This is unique in our experience – it was difficult to believe a nursery rhyme would be playing in the middle of the night.

“But we do take all complaints extremely seriously and asked the residents who contacted us to let us know when it was actually playing so we could investigate properly.

“We took a call around midnight and immediately went to the Bramford Road area to find out more - we did hear the nursery rhyme playing from an industrial premises and it sounded very eerie at that time of night. We appreciate that people living nearby would find it quite spooky.”

The premises' operators blamed spiders.
    “The sound is only supposed to act as a deterrent for opportunistic thieves that come onto our property, and it’s designed only to be heard by people on our private land. We are now aware of the problem - the motion sensors were being triggered by spiders crawling across the lenses of our cameras and it looks like we’ve had it turned up too loudly. We’ve spoken to the resident who brought it to our attention and adjusted it so this shouldn’t happen again.”

The BBC adds that it had gone on for months.

For several months she would hear the rhyme, which would go away only to come again another day.

The woman, who did not wish to be named, said: "The first time I heard it it was the most terrifying thing ever, I went cold and felt sick, and thought 'what on earth was that?'"

Sleep well.