Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849
Results 721 to 729 of 729

Thread: Neko Case!

  1. #721
    Senior Member Nick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    3,838
    I love Ragtime! And Local Girls is one of my all-time favorite Neko tracks. Worse Things Get actually slightly edges Middle Cyclone for me.

  2. #722
    Administrator Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,410
    Where Did I Leave That Fire / Ragtime came at a point in my life where I’d lost a couple people really close to me and I’d walled myself off from the world for over a year. I didn’t realize how much I needed those songs until that album dropped. It’s not my favorite album as a whole, which probably belongs to Middle Cyclone, but it’s still full of great songs.

    I also loved all her contributions to the case/lang/veirs project so I have high hopes for new Neko.

  3. #723
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,147
    ^ Her tracks on case/lang/veirs were great--especially "Behind the Armory."

  4. #724
    gone Andromeda grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,160
    I'm not very familiar with her catalogue outside of "The Worse Things Gets", my introduction to her music. It's an album I dearly loved for quite a while but now rarely go back to. But that moment in "I'm From Nowhere" ... you know the one... right near the end, where the music drops out and she sings, after the briefest pause, "You're right, I'm from nowhere".... one of my favorite moments in all recorded music. Love love love that song.

  5. #725
    Get Out The Dark Adam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    NYC/Kentucky/ Tennessee/Ohio
    Posts
    4,523
    ^ oh that’s a great moment.

    And lol. Nearly Midnight, Honolulu....not “Late Night”. I knew that sounded odd as I typed it.
    The Landslide Never Brought, Brought Me Down

  6. #726
    megaphone to my chest MikeEP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,679
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Where Did I Leave That Fire / Ragtime came at a point in my life where I’d lost a couple people really close to me and I’d walled myself off from the world for over a year. I didn’t realize how much I needed those songs until that album dropped.
    I had the same experience with those songs and major loss. “I’ll reveal myself invincible soon.”

    Middle Cyclone and Fox Confessor are tied for my favorite album. I tend to play them a lot together because they meld pretty well.

  7. #727
    A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6,337
    Quote Originally Posted by grapefruit_is_winning View Post
    I'm not very familiar with her catalogue outside of "The Worse Things Gets", my introduction to her music. It's an album I dearly loved for quite a while but now rarely go back to. But that moment in "I'm From Nowhere" ... you know the one... right near the end, where the music drops out and she sings, after the briefest pause, "You're right, I'm from nowhere".... one of my favorite moments in all recorded music. Love love love that song.
    If you get a chance please explore more of her catalogue. I adore Furnace Room Lullaby, Blacklisted, Fox Confessor Brings the Flood, and Middle Cyclone.

  8. #728
    gone Andromeda grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Kala View Post
    If you get a chance please explore more of her catalogue. I adore Furnace Room Lullaby, Blacklisted, Fox Confessor Brings the Flood, and Middle Cyclone.
    Thanks! Definitely been meaning to, and I will for sure! I appreciate the recommendations - I've been introduced to so much great music through this forum, including Neko!

  9. #729
    My introduction to Neko Case was through The New Pornographers. I heard a few albums by them and didn't like them. However, I was still fascinated by Neko. I then checked out Blacklisted and couldn't connect to it. Years later I heard Middle Cyclone shortly after its release and loooooved it!!! It's one of those albums that just clicked for me on first spin. The whole thing is packed with amazing, 10/10 songs and there's a lot of diversity within the album. It's also one of the rare collections where multiple songs have moved me to tears (I'm an Animal and especially The Next Time You Say Forever: the best song under 2 minutes ever). I think I loved Middle Cyclone so much, I was almost scared to listen to The Worse Things Get when it came out. I heard a small part of Man, didn't love it and put the album on hold for over a year. When I finally got around to it, I loved it on first spin too! Not only that, but I had heard some people calling Nearly Midnight Honolulu a terrible song on another forum and that ended up being my favorite (and yeah, it totally brings the waterworks).

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •