Page 56 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 LastLast

Thread: Neko Case!

It’s not actually written by her! It’s by Eric Bachmann, who I think is the guy singing the song with her?

Only knows desire. Perky Compson's Avatar
    It's an absolutely stunning rendition, though. My favorite off the new album aside from "Bad Luck". This is an album I'll be going back over again and again all year.

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Domandapiano View Post
    It’s not actually written by her!
    Ahh, what that makes sense! Thanks!

Lyrical acuity and mum-smarts menju56's Avatar
    Favourites so far are Halls of Sarah, Sleep All Summer, Winnie. So much good stuff here to explore.

^ I was wondering where you were!

The National and St Vincent do a great version of Sleep All Summer that you can find on YouTube, btw.
    The Landslide Never Brought, Brought Me Down

I'm obsessed with this album. Not one bad song.
    I will be safe in my frame.

I find myself skipping Sarah, Bad Luck, and Navy. I don’t think they’re bad but they don’t do a lot for me. But damn, Corridor -> Sleep All Summer is one fine stretch of songs. I also didn’t think I’d like Last Lion of Albion but lyrically it’s one of my favorites.

Anyone interested in posting interps of the songs? I’d love to hear everyone’s thoughts as some of these songs could be interpreted in wildly different ways.

I can’t get enough of the album. If John Grant doesn’t beat it in August, then Neko and Father John Misty are going to be battling it out for my AOTY.
    The Landslide Never Brought, Brought Me Down

Neko posted a 1-minute NSFW video for Curse of the I-5 Corridor and it's... well just watch.

There must be a full video because this is the second teaser clip from it. I wish she'd release the whole thing.

Also, Neko was on the Song Exploder podcast to break down the meaning of Last Lion of Albion and it includes bits of the early demos and instrumentals from the writing process.

trapped in the worst timeline just owls's Avatar
    Her show in MN is going to be live streamed (video) tomorrow night at 9 central!
    https://www.thecurrent.org/events/20...3661/neko-case

I'm seeing her in a couple of hours! I think it's the first show of the tour.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    I'm watching now. good timing.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

Has this video been posted already?
    I've never seen it before. I had no idea Neko and Kurt Cobain ran in the same circle.

Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    I had no idea either. But here is another quote about her and Nirvana:

Case dropped out of high school, worked odd jobs (at a supermarket meat counter, loading trucks for UPS) and then fell into the Seattle-area punk scene. She played drums in a few bands and befriended Nirvana bassist Krist Novoselic. Once, Kurt Cobain spotted a concert poster Case had designed. “He went out of his way to tell me how awesome it was — that was one of the highlights of my teens,” says Case, who also dated Nirvana’s tour manager in the early Nineties.
    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...tincts-252746/

I would love to see a very extensive, multi-hour documentary series on Tacoma, Olympia, Seattle scene during the early 90s. So many people were shuffled around in that scene. I think there are so many stories to be told. But that era is getting to be so forgotten.. like it never happened.
    Maybe someone could list some of the acts and other artists that we maybe don't know came out of that scene/time?

I absolutely love Bikini Kill, Nirvana, Hole, Neko.. and Foo Fighters are .. yea.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.