Page 47 of 56 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Neko Case!

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar
    Yes! I will be there.

Ooh, that's a great combo - wish there was a show nearby.

Neko and Ray in one tour. Damn! Plz come to Europe, kthxbai.
    post28!

Sooooo perhaps a new album before then?

So is Neko the opening act?

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Sooooo perhaps a new album before then?
    She said the new album is finished. Or did you mean Ray?

trapped in the worst timeline just owls's Avatar
    fuck I would love to go. I've loved them both for years and always had to miss them. In 2005, I sold my 5th row Ray tickets to someone who paid me in candles.

AND WHAT A TEASE
    https://nekocase.com/exclusive

Last edited by just owls; 03-03-2018 at 04:11 PM.

OMG a new album soon !!!!!!

YES!!!!
    The Landslide Never Brought, Brought Me Down

this tornado loves you UnderTheFunk's Avatar
    Check your email! Just got a message with a link to pre-order and a note from Neko.

"My name is Neko Case. I am a music producer, songwriter, and musician. I just finished a record called ‘Hell-On’ with a cast of talented musicians, techs, label folks and friends.

What I want you to know about me isn’t too much, nor do I want to over talk it. What you take away on your own, as a listener is most important. I worked really hard and I was present for every second of this project. Producing a record is a huge task and there were times I was deep in the weeds, but that is normal for a record that takes a year plus. The weeds aren’t so bad. There were a lot of break-through moments, belly-laughs, sleepless nights and grubby, shiny jeans. In the end it was all worth it and I am so proud of how it turned out, and I am so grateful to have worked with such dedicated, giving artists to make it happen.

There were a few challenges during the making of this record from small (scheduling difficulties, and occasional miscommunication) to large (my house burning down while I was overseas.) But none of them are the story of this recording, the songs are the story. They are my best self. They are everything I’ve worked for since I was a kid, whether I knew it or not.

I write songs from a feeling of solidarity with folks who feel alone or isolated, I think I’m trying to comfort people in this way. It’s not a forceful way rather "No commitment necessary;" take it if you want it, take it as you can.

My style is odd, I don’t know what genre this is. I don’t have a pretty voice or a trained voice, and I am constantly disappointed that I don’t have a “tough” voice, no matter how hard I practice, but it’s mine, and for all its loud, heavy-handed, nasal, vibrato-less qualities I accept it. The closest sound I have found to compare it to is Bulgarian Folk singing. My Eastern ancestors could have been proud of me a century ago? I could have been a droning “caller of wasps” perhaps? I just invented that job, I like the sound of it.

The songs are who I believe myself to be and that will change, but for now that’s how it is and I’m very satisfied with that."

I’m so ready for more Neko. Her songs always hit me so hard and I’m in need of a good musical slap.

The album art/tracklist is out and it’s for presale on New Zealand iTunes and it looks like the track “Hell-On” is out as well so I expect we will hear it pretty soon!!
    Last edited by Domandapiano; 03-05-2018 at 06:02 PM.

That cover is.... something lol

It certainly is. Lol. As usual her song titles are all so fascinating and lovely.

Oh that’s easily the worst cover.

It’s so odd that she talks about how her voice isn’t pretty or “tough” because she’s one of my favorite vocalists in the world. I always think her voice is so strong, booming, and confident.

It’s interesting that she admits now it was her house that burnt down because she vehemently denied it on Twitter when it happened.

Oh wow that cover. I guess that's how one feels when they come back home to a pile of rubble.
    I just spent the whole weekend listening to Maybe Sparrow. Ready for new Neko!