Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 91

Thread: Libraries

  1. #16
    French boy Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,559
    Wow , so many exeptional libraries here !
    The one in my town looks like a total trash compared to those ones !

  2. #17
    safely on a cloud tully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    magic house
    Posts
    1,971

    Icon15

    Quote Originally Posted by Carhole View Post
    don't laugh, this great shot in beauty and the beast formed the basis of all my dream libraries in childhood:



    it was the most romantic and thrilling scene in the movie (well, for me at least), and it was all because of BOOKS!
    Not gonna laugh at all! Whenever I think about libraries, especially when I started reading this thread, this is ALWAYS what my mind turns to. LOVED that part of the movie, and Belle was my favorite for her love of books (and her brown hair).


    ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful Carol
    that or a wood-paneled room with a lot of overstuffed chairs and a fireplace and tea with sardines and toast. because I am secretly C.S. Lewis, or at least Mr. Tumnus.

    I have an extra bedroom on the first floor of my Magic House that I'm making into a bookroom. And THIS is exactly what I'd like to have, even though the architecture doesn't include an awesome fireplace (maybe I'll just get a mantle ).

    Seems we should build a house together!
    ... here i am!

  3. #18
    fluid, affectionate, chaste, mature Carbuncle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,198
    Quote Originally Posted by tully View Post
    Not gonna laugh at all! Whenever I think about libraries, especially when I started reading this thread, this is ALWAYS what my mind turns to. LOVED that part of the movie, and Belle was my favorite for her love of books (and her brown hair).
    i was flat-out obsessed with that movie for such a long time (and regularly pretended I was Belle, up to an embarrassingly high age I refuse to disclose in public) that i can still recite the entire movie word for word, all the dialogue and all the songs, instrumental score and stained-glass intro. ok NOW you may laugh!

    I have an extra bedroom on the first floor of my Magic House that I'm making into a bookroom. And THIS is exactly what I'd like to have, even though the architecture doesn't include an awesome fireplace (maybe I'll just get a mantle ).

    Seems we should build a house together!
    squeee! I probably won't have a room like that for a while so post many pictures of your bookroom in progress so i can live vicariously in book heaven!

  4. #19
    I NEED
    SIX EGGS
    THAT'S TOO EXPENSIVE

  5. #20
    fluid, affectionate, chaste, mature Carbuncle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Milhaus View Post
    I NEED
    SIX EGGS
    THAT'S TOO EXPENSIVE
    THERE MUST BE MORE THAN THIS PROVINCIAL LIFE!

    "ah belle!"

    "I've come to return the book i've borrowed!"

    "finished ALREADY?!"

    "Oh I couldn't put it down. have you got anything new?"

    "not since yesterday!"

    i need to stop or I will keep disgracing myself and write out the whole screenplay.

  6. #21
    That's so Shakespearean... Canoodlefish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,482
    Quote Originally Posted by Carhole View Post

    "I've come to return the book i've borrowed!"
    You left out "Good morning!" in the beginning!

    "That's all right, I'll borrow... this one!"
    "That one... but you've read it twice!"
    "But it's my favourite! Far-off places, daring sword fights, magic spells, a prince in disguise!"
    "If you like it all that much, it's yours."
    "But sir!"
    "I insist!"
    "Well thank you, thank you very much!"

    The one time I did read like Belle, while walking, was during one of the Discworld books. I just had to finish it so I had my head bent on the pages while walking from the bookshop to a restaurant and from the restaurant to the bookshop.
    Last edited by Canoodlefish; 08-19-2011 at 07:55 PM.
    "Never build a dungeon that you cannot get out of."

  7. #22
    fluid, affectionate, chaste, mature Carbuncle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,198
    Quote Originally Posted by quentcomp View Post
    "That's all right, I'll borrow... this one!"
    "That one... but you've read it twice!"
    "But it's my favourite! Far-off places, daring sword fights, magic spells, a prince in disguise!"
    "If you like it all that much, it's yours."
    "But sir!"
    "I insist!"
    "Well thank you, thank you very much!"
    you guys. you have to stop egging me on OR I WILL KEEP DOING IT.

    town dudes: look there she goes that girl is so peculiar! i wonder if she's feeling weelllll? with a dreamy far off look! and her nose stuck in a book! what a puzzle to the rest of us is belleeeeeee!

    Belle: (sitting by the fountain with sheep) ohhhh isn't this amaaazing? it's my favorite part because, you'll see! here's where she meets prince charming, (sheep bites off a corner of her page, she doesn't notice) but she won't discover that it's him till chapter three (sheepherder chasing after sheep)

    woman in barbershop: now it's no wonder that her name is beauty, her looks have got no parallel!! (pulls off wig, is bald, clearly fori)
    barber: but behind the fair facade! i'm afraid she's rather odd! very different from the rest of us

    She's nothing like the rest of us, she's different from the rest of us, that belle!!!

  8. #23
    Aprs moi le deluge SisterDew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    413
    Ma chere Mademoiselle, it is with deepest pride
    and greatest pleasure that we welcome you tonight.
    And now we invite you to relax, let us pull up a
    chair as the dining room proudly presents -
    your dinner!
    never thought there were other people that shared my love for beauty & the beast!

    more on topic, i did my erasmus year in leuven (belgium), and i always thought the central university library was pretty amazing:




  9. #24
    the druthers Mordecai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Carhole View Post
    you guys. you have to stop egging me on OR I WILL KEEP DOING IT.

    town dudes: look there she goes that girl is so peculiar! i wonder if she's feeling weelllll? with a dreamy far off look! and her nose stuck in a book! what a puzzle to the rest of us is belleeeeeee!

    Belle: (sitting by the fountain with sheep) ohhhh isn't this amaaazing? it's my favorite part because, you'll see! here's where she meets prince charming, (sheep bites off a corner of her page, she doesn't notice) but she won't discover that it's him till chapter three (sheepherder chasing after sheep)

    woman in barbershop: now it's no wonder that her name is beauty, her looks have got no parallel!! (pulls off wig, is bald, clearly fori)
    barber: but behind the fair facade! i'm afraid she's rather odd! very different from the rest of us

    She's nothing like the rest of us, she's different from the rest of us, that belle!!!
    To continue the Beauty and the Beast hijack....here is something from a list of Foods from Movies that We Inexplicably Want to Eat

    “The Gray Stuff” - Beauty & the Beast
    I know Lumiere says it’s “delicious” but also, it’s gray. What is it? It looks like a pile of some kind of whipped cream on top of a cracker, but GRAY. Belle sticks a finger in it (rude) and looks upward like she’s contemplating the taste, but I can’t tell if she thinks it’s great or not. It is, however, one of just three bites she takes at that entire feast (the others being a cherry and another rude finger full of some ... brown stuff) so maybe she saw it and was like “OMFG I LOVE the gray stuff.” Who knows! (I need to.)
    http://thehairpin.com/2011/08/ill-ha...we-want-to-try

  10. #25
    Senior Member uncanny hats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,290
    Quote Originally Posted by Carhole View Post
    i was flat-out obsessed with that movie for such a long time (and regularly pretended I was Belle, up to an embarrassingly high age I refuse to disclose in public) that i can still recite the entire movie word for word, all the dialogue and all the songs, instrumental score and stained-glass intro. ok NOW you may laugh!
    For my 16th birthday, my father asked his friends to throw me a party. I specifically asked for the Beauty and the Beast soundtrack. They played Violent Femmes instead. I'm not sure why that's such an addictive film.

    For my addition to the library porn, here's something a little different.



    I could never do this. I think it takes discipline.

  11. #26
    fluid, affectionate, chaste, mature Carbuncle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,198
    Quote Originally Posted by nunu View Post


    I could never do this. I think it takes discipline.
    raauughghghhhhhh but would this mean you would buy books specifically for their book cover color? like if you're running short on pinks you buy it, even if it's awful chick lit? I object staunchly to such an idea.

    mordy - imaginary foods we want to eat deserves its own thread!! *starts*

  12. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,237
    Sahadbfsdbf that's going to be my project over the weekend! Arranging them by color! I'll post pics when I'm done.

  13. #28
    The grey stuff in B&TB is obviously a metaphor for intellect. The mouthy gay candlestick is remind Belle that the true delicacies in life are those that require your grey matter. He's telling her to engage with the Beast ON A DEEPER LEVEL.

    Could also be some sort of mushroom and/or aubergine dip.

    p.s. cataloguing a library takes discipline. But if your cataloguing system is rainbows? NO. DENIED. GET OUT.

  14. #29
    That's so Shakespearean... Canoodlefish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,482
    Quote Originally Posted by Milhaus View Post
    The grey stuff in B&TB is obviously a metaphor for intellect. The mouthy gay candlestick is remind Belle that the true delicacies in life are those that require your grey matter. He's telling her to engage with the Beast ON A DEEPER LEVEL.
    DEEP STUFF! "Mouthy gay candlestick"
    "Never build a dungeon that you cannot get out of."

  15. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,237
    Quote Originally Posted by Milhaus View Post
    The grey stuff in B&TB is obviously a metaphor for intellect. The mouthy gay candlestick is remind Belle that the true delicacies in life are those that require your grey matter. He's telling her to engage with the Beast ON A DEEPER LEVEL.

    Could also be some sort of mushroom and/or aubergine dip.

    p.s. cataloguing a library takes discipline. But if your cataloguing system is rainbows? NO. DENIED. GET OUT.
    BUT IT'S SO PRETTY.

    Also, I just ran up to my pile of books to see how many colors I have, and I have mostly black spines. Freaking penguin!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •