Page 161 of 162 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162 LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 2425

Thread: Pet talk

trapped in the worst timeline just owls's Avatar
    Thank you so much. I really needed that. Unfortunately, I've almost always been on the waited-too-long end of things. Always holding out hope for a miracle. That guilt is the WORST because you know they suffered longer than they needed to. This feels terrible but in a different way. Too soon? Did I rob him of more time? But the answer is no. His last few hours, he would not move from the bathroom. He was in so much pain that he could not stand up. I brought his food to him. He had to badly use the bathroom, but still didn't because the pain was so bad. I don't know how it happened that fast. Even at 2 a.m., he was walking around, scratching on his post, and jumped on the couch to sit next to me and was making biscuits on the blanket. That killed me because I thought how can I do this when he's still able to do these things? Around 4 a.m., it just went south. I think now he had one last hurrah. I didn't think of it at the time. I thought those were signs not to do it, but I really think it was him saying goodbye to his life.

I really hope you have more time with your baby. I know it's never enough time! I would have loved if Ollie made it to 16 or even 14 or 15, but i still would have wanted 40 more years. It sounds like you're listening to your cat and truly doing what's best for her. It's hard especially when there is a theoretical treatment, but you know your cat would not cope well with either the process or the aftermath. I want to hug you and your girl.

Thank you!

I am convinced that you did it at just the right time! It'd just so damn hard to wade through the grief process.

If you want to find me on Instagram I am WenVoz.
    Last edited by entropy; 04-14-2018 at 10:34 PM.

It is I know there is no other option, but it's so unfair we have to make the choice and without them getting a voice.

I am definitely not adjusting well to no cat love. I've NEVER been without the love and companionship of a cat. Usually multiple cats at my side at the same time. This is killing me.

When you are ready....

I'd love to. I have a ton of love to give. In my current living situation though, I can't.

I have Vera still, but she really just makes herself known when she comes for food and sometimes to play. She's been here almost 8 years and still terrified of everything. She has been trying to make an effort to come by me sometimes, maybe 5 minutes a day before she starts freaking out. I don't know what happened to her when she was outside that scarred her for life.

Poor thing! It could be a mixture of a shy personality and some scary things!

Foster Dad John has some new kittens. Poor guy has gone through a lot the past month loosing three of his own cats in a month.

Definitely a lot is fear. When she is out, say eating food, if you make any sound or walk anywhere near her, she goes running and hiding. In terms of love, I think we had a breakthrough yesterday. I had someone working on my furnace (14 HOURS WTF) and she was TERRIFIED of all of the noise. She kept coming to be by me to comfort her. Every time she got scared (about every 5 minutes), she came running to me for comfort. My heart melted. I felt awful that she was scared, but selfishly felt wonderful that she trusted me to protect her. Then this morning when I got up to get some water, I came back to my room and she was waiting for me. She let me pet her for a whole 10 minutes, which is years in Vera time.

Tomorrow I have to put a call into the vet. It's time to say goodbye to my sweet Mia. She was diagnosed with kidney disease last February. She was mostly unfazed until about a week ago. Her renal values are poor. Her appetite is poor. I can tell she's not happy. My hope is that I didn't wait too long, and the vet can make a house call.

I hate to let her go, but I hate watching her suffer even more.

Insert something clever here iamstilljamiepoo's Avatar
    ^
    I am so sorry to hear that.
    I fear today my Thundercat will be going through the same. It's been a tough month or so with him. Not eating great, anxiety-driven chewing on himself. His poor little belly is hairless at this point. I took him to the vet nearly two weeks ago and he had lost nearly three pounds since he last yearly (though, to be fair he was at 17.5. He's a big dude). Blood work was actually pretty okay for a 12 year old male. Early stages of kidney disease. We tried a new food which he hated and refused. No biggie and we try the other. He seemed at first to be responding pretty well, but the past week he's been vomiting almost daily. Since he's not eating a ton there's not much to it and it's a struggle. I don't know what's worse - facing that it might be time or watching him struggle so much.

Quote Originally Posted by iamstilljamiepoo View Post
    ^
    I. I don't know what's worse - facing that it might be time or watching him struggle so much.
    I know that feeling! My Mia was euthanized in our home on January 18th. It was so fucking hard. Yet it was time. Her kidney disease had entered the "failure" stage. She was struggling, but she's always had a tough facade. She stopped eating. We have her an appetite stimulant. But eating just seemed to make her feel worse. She was becoming wobbly, missing jumps, and we couldn't really pet her. I saw her fall over while trying to stand up. She was having some good moments, but overall she was a shell of the cat we had known for nearly 15 years. (adopted at 2.5, so she was 17.5). I think about her every day and cry most days still. I love her soo much!!

I know it's so tough. I sincerely hope that you have a good vet. My vet was awesome through the entire thing. I could never thank him enough!

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    Ugh, I'm so sorry guys. I feel like I'm starting down that same road here.

I'm at work today trying to keep it together :/. My poor cat Huey is not doing well. He's always been a skinny cat, but the past month he has gotten really skinny. We really started to worry that he wasn't eating enough and started cycling different kinds of foods to him to see if that would help. Despite all this, he still was active and seemed himself. This weekend he took a complete turn for the worst. His whole demeanor changed. He used to be almost like a puppy dog. Very affectionate and would follow you around the house. Now he is hiding and apprehensive. I just know something is not right. I have an appointment with vet today. I'm of course obsessing about the worst because I can't help myself. I should have just took the day off, because my mind will not stop racing. I just want to know what is wrong with him already.

I'm so sorry! It's tough!

Let us know what the vet says!

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    Took him to the vet and they gave him some fluids, antibiotic shot, and did blood work. They also gave us some pain medication. He definitely has a tooth that is infected and has to go. That might have been what is preventing him from eating, but the vet is not 100% sure about that. I'm waiting for the blood results today. Hopefully it is just the tooth!

And in the evening it's. . . Andrea's Avatar
    Fingers crossed you get good news on the blood work.

Gone Andromeda grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Oh that sounds very positive! Fingers crossed!