Page 153 of 153 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153
Results 2,281 to 2,286 of 2286

Thread: Pet talk

Insert something clever here iamstilljamiepoo's Avatar
    I'm so sorry, Chris.
    I lost Thundercat on February 12. I'm still not doing great. We had been at the vet a few hours prior and we actually had a ray of hope with him at that moment. The x-ray of his belly highlighted his condition and they said fixing it would be easy (the dude was incredibly constipated). They did a couple of things to hydrate him and get him to go to the bathroom. I got him home and a few hours later he had a stroke. He died in my arms on the way to the emergency vet. I think he was just overwhelmed with the series of vet visits and not eating, as well with my being gone the weekend before (man, talk about regret). I'm struggling mightily. It's been just over two months. I have people letting me know that it's okay to feel whatever I'm feeling, but here I am judging it. My housemate also got a pair of kittens just over a week ago, and that's really reopened the floodgates. I realized that maybe how much I leaned on the dude for emotional support might have been a little unhealthy.

Anyway, I haven't posted on here in awhile, so even if no one reads it, it's nice to get it out.

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    Thanks Jamie. I am so sorry to hear about your loss too. It just sucks so much :/. I miss him everyday. Loss is such a complicated mess of emotions. There is no telling what is going to bring the emotions on. Hang in there. Everyone is on their own timeline processing something as emotional as the loss of a pet.

I feel like I haven't been able to completely process Huey's death because my household has been so crazy with regard to pets. We've always had two cats. Then we took in a cat and two turtles that were homeless due to a house fire. The family is still looking for permanent housing and we pitched in to help out. So when we were dealing Huey getting sick it was literally a zoo in the house. Now that Huey has passed away and the turtles are relocated I'm back to two cats. Unfortunately my cat absolutely hates the cat we are fostering. I have to keep them separated when we are away and keep a close eye on them when they are roaming free. The foster cat is such a sweet heart. But I also feel terrible for my cat because his world has been turned upside down and I completely understand his acting out. I'm hoping the foster cat gets relocated soon so things can calm down and finally get back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by iamstilljamiepoo View Post
    I'm so sorry, Chris.
    I lost Thundercat on February 12. I'm still not doing great. We had been at the vet a few hours prior and we actually had a ray of hope with him at that moment. The x-ray of his belly highlighted his condition and they said fixing it would be easy (the dude was incredibly constipated). They did a couple of things to hydrate him and get him to go to the bathroom. I got him home and a few hours later he had a stroke. He died in my arms on the way to the emergency vet. I think he was just overwhelmed with the series of vet visits and not eating, as well with my being gone the weekend before (man, talk about regret). I'm struggling mightily. It's been just over two months. I have people letting me know that it's okay to feel whatever I'm feeling, but here I am judging it. My housemate also got a pair of kittens just over a week ago, and that's really reopened the floodgates. I realized that maybe how much I leaned on the dude for emotional support might have been a little unhealthy.

Anyway, I haven't posted on here in awhile, so even if no one reads it, it's nice to get it out.

It's tough when it's sudden like that! I mean it's tough in general. I had a lot of anticipatory anxiety with Mia. I watched as her kidneys got worse every three months for a year.

Whatever you do, don't judge or blame yourself. At every moment, you make the best choice you can with the information you have. You were there for your kitty that's what matters.

If you don't mind me asking.. what was going on with his belly to make him so constipated? How old was he?

My new kitties are chewers. I worry about blockages with them. I have toddler, umm, cat proofed the house. But they still find things!
    Last edited by entropy; 04-17-2019 at 09:36 PM.

Insert something clever here iamstilljamiepoo's Avatar
    T-Cat had just turned 12. We hadn't yet figured out what was going on in his belly. He had been to the vet a few times in the past several months before his death. He wasn't eating super great. His blood work was good, except for the beginning stages of kidney disease, but given his age that wasn't overly shocking. I just don't know. I've been torturing myself about it. I wish I wouldn't, but I can't seem to get myself to stop. Thanks for being so kind with your words.

Kittens are something, aren't they? My housemate's are AMAZING at finding things. You think you've taken care of it all, but... and man, can they climb!
    I'm moving out of his house in a few weeks. Nothing happened...well, there is a little resentment on my part that he got kittens after T-Cat died. It's his house, so it's his right, but it just feels wrong to me. Gin and Tonic prefer me to him, so I'm trying not to get too attached to them, but they're so damn cute and hilarious!

Torturing yourself is your way of grieving. You loved him. Be kind to yourself. You really did do what you could with the knowledge you had.

Kittens, well these girls are now 8-9 months old, are NUTS.

Heart goes out to you who have lost your babies ❤️.